ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if this actually gets rid of the ghosting, that'd be great.

does this grab images from some kind of release database, or do i have to look for my own images?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
how do you get mario advance 4 working it says save data is courrputed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

will you add 128 k savesupport for flash save games

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, and thank you very much for the GBA Version of your injector!
But I've got one question, how can I check which save type my current GBA game is using? Is there a site or something like that which lists all GBA games?

Wanted to try the injector later with Monster Rancher Advance. c:

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello, and thank you very much for the GBA Version of your injector!
But I've got one question, how can I check which save type my current GBA game is using? Is there a site or something like that which lists all GBA games?

Wanted to try the injector later with Monster Rancher Advance. c:
The injector automatically checks the save type of the GBA ROM, and if possible fills in some fields such as the name and publisher as well as determining the release date.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Suggestion to change 0x80 to 0xC0, because C0 is the standard amount, and it's also what F-Zero uses. 80 would be too noticeable for little benefit.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I decided to give SMA4 a break for now (I don't know how they managed to patch it on that iso site), so instead I tried it with Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, and I must say that it did indeed work, colors and no ghosting included. Thank you very much for this application! It's worth noting, though, that the application only works with untrimmed roms; doing it with trimmed roms will result in an error message when opening it in your 3DS. I'll be waiting until proper support for flash 128k is finally added.

Last edited by MushGuy,
Reactions: CatmanFan

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I used Visual Boy Advance to take the screenshot, i use 1x to the windows size then i clicked File>Screen Capture...
well... I used that screenshot to make the icon but it looks more pixelated than a original GBA VC :(
what can I do?
Edit: Also.. if you look closer, the Custom VC icon is some pixels smaller
HNI_0095.JPG

Last edited by Diego788,
Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I used Visual Boy Advance to take the screenshot, i use 1x to the windows size then i clicked File>Screen Capture...
well... I used that screenshot to make the icon but it looks more pixelated than a original GBA VC :(
what can I do?
Edit: Also.. if you look closer, the Custom VC icon is some pixels smaller
View attachment 59100
Did you use Bicubic to resize the picture?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lord, this no ghosting stuff is some night and day shit. i mean, things still look slightly blurry when you run in yoshis island, but its so much clearer now.
though i guess I'll be waiting for the cia modifying update before I'll dive further into 3ds gba gaming. yoshis island, ffvi and wario ware should be more than enough ^^

huh... i can't install more than one game. its giving me an error saying invalid argument, already exists?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
lord, this no ghosting stuff is some night and day shit. i mean, things still look slightly blurry when you run in yoshis island, but its so much clearer now.
though i guess I'll be waiting for the cia modifying update before I'll dive further into 3ds gba gaming. yoshis island, ffvi and wario ware should be more than enough ^^

huh... i can't install more than one game. its giving me an error saying invalid argument, already exists?

I think that error is when you're trying to re-install the last GBA CIA that you played.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think that error is when you're trying to re-install the last GBA CIA that you played.
no no, i was trying to install other games.

i guess I made a mistake when i didn't shut down the program or randomized the title code at the end.
it thought i was trying to install the same thing again

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
no no, i was trying to install other games.

i guess I made a mistake when i didn't shut down the program or randomized the title code at the end.
it thought i was trying to install the same thing again

That's what I meant when I said "the last GBA CIA that you played". Actually "the last GBA CIA that you played" = "the last GBA CIA with XXXX title ID". So if you're trying to install a new CIA with XXXX title ID, being that XXXX one the last you played, then FBI won't let you.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
veo que vas a hacer el Ultimate blargSNES VC Injector for 3DS jaja. Existe forma alguna de hacer lo mismo con alguna version de retroarch? Esto es para correr juegos como el Star Ocean, Dragon Quest III (traducido) o Super Mario RPG...

I don't know about Homebrew, but RetroArch is open source, so you can hard-code the rom path to a specific file in the SD I guess...

(no se si se puede hablar español así como así acá)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: @xdquerty im 16