[Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asdolo, Aug 15, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. I don't care!

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. redankhofset

redankhofset Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2012
    Canada
    THPS2 and F Zero Climax work with the beta :yay3ds:

Asdolo likes this.
  2. BabySkittles

BabySkittles Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    United States
    @Asdolo Can you pm me the link to the New Super Ultimate Injector. I would like to test it instead of the older injectors :)

Asdolo likes this.
  3. eneruku

eneruku Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2016
    United States
    @Asdolo can I try out the newest version of the all-in-one injector??

Asdolo likes this.
  4. ivo708

ivo708 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Hey,id like to test the gba injector with the new Aurora work and discoveries

Asdolo likes this.
  5. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick Ya boi Zack

Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    Nope. It's working 100%. Even Monkey Ball Jr works fine now. (Used to not save.)

6. Dante2405

Dante2405 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Will it help only with games that use to be troublemaker or is there new features that justify re-injecting games that work fine already?

7. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    If the game works already, then I'd just leave it. The only new thing is better save support for games that didn't save correctly before. Just keep in mind that Pokémon games could get corrupted once you beat the Elite 4, so I'd go ahead and replace those if you have one injected, unless you're using a patch that's designed to prevent corruption with the old save restrictions.

8. Dante2405

Dante2405 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Ok thanks ;)

Cralex likes this.
  9. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Hey @Asdolo, if the New Super Ultimate Injector works with the Old3DS, I can test some things for you. Hit me up in the DMs!

Asdolo likes this.
  10. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick Ya boi Zack

Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    Of course it does. It's just an injector. If the VC works on o3DS then the injector will.

11. Pib

Pib Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    @Asdolo i would also like to try the new all in one injector please and thank you

Asdolo likes this.
  12. KJack

KJack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    United States
    Hey @Asdolo! I registered just to request a beta link to New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS. I'm fighting with these Super Mario Advance ROMs, and it sounds like you've got the fix! Thanks very much for sharing your work with us. =)

13. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Why didn't he upload the beta version publicly already? It's obvious that everyone wants it.

OkazakiTheOtaku and seseiSeki like this.
  14. Yakitori

Yakitori Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    United States
    Hello @Asdolo , I'd also like to request the new injector, if you don't mind! I've been really looking forward to this :)

Asdolo likes this.
  15. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Just as a general question with GBA VC, maybe it applies to the new injector, but could you do link trades wirelessly like in Pokemon? Or you need some patch to enable that?

16. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Injected GBA games are run with hardware, rather than a software emulator like other virtual console systems. This same hardware disables all wireless features while running a GBA game, meaning that no injected GBA game can ever use link or wireless adapter features.

The only possibility is a GBA emulator with wireless features built-in, but I haven't heard of one being made yet.

Asdolo and RustInPeace like this.
  17. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    Maybe Nintendo is working on one

18. KJack

KJack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    United States
    Because when you're the developer, you're allowed to release code how you want to. =)

19. soprano1

soprano1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Portugal
    I can't speak for Asdolo, nor do I claim to know his reasons to not post this beta to everyone, but I wouldn't want to release something that could lead to potential mass misunderstandings (errors, failure to inject, saving problems, supposed console bricks, if that's even possible) without some proper testing from a small group. I'm not implying the users of these forums are all idiots, mind you, but from what I've read around, some problems are assumed to be on the developer's side instead of a user's mistake.
    That said and done, I hope this new injector works fine and can be released as soon as possible, without many issues.

seseiSeki and RustInPeace like this.
  20. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    What could an injected bad GBA game do other than not work at all?

21. JohnG27

JohnG27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    United States
    Hey @Asdolo!:) Sorry for posting here but I'd really like to try the NSUI beta and I can't send PMs yet.

Asdolo likes this.