Hacking [RELEASE] Trails in the Sky the 3rd Evolution English Patch

ReanUnfazeD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Delete data.psarc and data0.psarc in gamedata.

By the way, for safety, keep original decrypted (unpatched) data.psarc, data0.psarc and eboot.bin on your computer.
You can use it if there are new ver of patch.
Yes Indeed, If ever Database fix some new bugs and updates the patch to something like 1.1b??? I dont know LEL

Delete duplicated data.psarc/data0.psarc that is inside the app/GAMEFOLDER
Since the Vita will now load the game through the rePatch folder?

Last edited by ReanUnfazeD,

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I intend to use this with my Maidump version. It is patched to 1.01 already. So basically transfering the psarc files from my PSTV to my PC, XDELTA patching them and transffering them back to the app folder should work or do I have an error in my train of thoughts. Pls no comments about why I am using Maidump. It's how it is.

Last edited by moonblood666,

hybrid897

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff, thank you so much for seeing this project to completion! Really enjoy replaying these games on the vita.

Also what are the bonuses for a SC save file for this version? Not sure if its worth the hassle since SC was installed using the MaiDump version.

Senf

Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
can some1 share his patched eboot.bin cause cant get it worked and its on version 1.01 thanks

boroxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nice!! thank you!! :)

also btw, does anyone have clear save data for this?? played on PC once, so just want to play NG+ with all the extra optional boss thing (if there is one) already unlocked.

Robbie_Haruna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay... I don't know what happened.

I'm pretty sure I followed the directions exactly, but the game is still in Japanese.

the database

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I don't know what happened.

I'm pretty sure I followed the directions exactly, but the game is still in Japanese.

First I'd make sure you have rePatch installed correctly. Based on your posts from the other thread, it looks like you played the previous games with rePatch, so that should be fine.

Next, I would make sure your patched files are in this location, with no typos. Make sure the folder name is exactly "PCSG00490", since that's easy to mess up.

ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/gamedata/data.psarc
ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/gamedata/data0.psarc
ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/eboot.bin

Also, make sure you copied the patched files and not the original files.

Robbie_Haruna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First I'd make sure you have rePatch installed correctly. Based on your posts from the other thread, it looks like you played the previous games with rePatch, so that should be fine.

Next, I would make sure your patched files are in this location, with no typos. Make sure the folder name is exactly "PCSG00490", since that's easy to mess up.

ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/gamedata/data.psarc
ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/gamedata/data0.psarc
ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/eboot.bin

Also, make sure you copied the patched files and not the original files.
Well I don't know if this mattered, but I did swap around some files for Repatch

this one said we needed Repatch 3.0, I had 2.71alpha from SC's patch.

the database

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know if this mattered, but I did swap around some files for Repatch

this one said we needed Repatch 3.0, I had 2.71alpha from SC's patch.
If you changed out the repatch version, you need to make sure to update your ux0:tai/config.txt file.

There should be a line that says ux0:tai/repatch_4.skprx, change it to ux0:tai/repatch.skprx (assuming that's where you put repatch 3.0).

ReanUnfazeD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I moved the duplicated (encrypted) data.psarc and data0.psarc "to save some storage"..........
I should have copied the decrypted one!!!
Damm I need to recopy it and press triangle again and move it yet again to my pc.....

Robbie_Haruna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you changed out the repatch version, you need to make sure to update your ux0:tai/config.txt file.

There should be a line that says ux0:tai/repatch_4.skprx, change it to ux0:tai/repatch.skprx (assuming that's where you put repatch 3.0).
Oh, that might be my issue. I'd have to try the patch process again after changing that and see what happens.

So question.

In step 15 when you return data.psarc and data0.psarc to the appropriate locations. Why do you return data0.psarc if you have no intention of using the original OST? Isn't that what the 0 one is for?

ReanUnfazeD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh, that might be my issue. I'd have to try the patch process again after changing that and see what happens.

So question.

In step 15 when you return data.psarc and data0.psarc to the appropriate locations. Why do you return data0.psarc if you have no intention of using the original OST? Isn't that what the 0 one is for?
Well in SC and FC if you dont want the patch original bgm you leave data0.psarc alone......

But in the 3rd, The database said that there are 3 files to be patched..... which are data.psarc, data0.psarc, and eboot.bin.......

If you patch data0.psarc it will give you a subtitle in the opening intro of the game......

Patch the data0.psarc second time using original bgm.bin, and that will give you the original bgm patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...