[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky the 3rd Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Feb 13, 2019.

1. rainbowpool

rainbowpool Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    Hello ok, so im going crazy searching all over the interner on a guide for this:

Im missing the Taurus Gem among the Zodiac Gems, I have all lvl 5 Gems, what else do I need exactly to unlock Sun Door 5?

Someone please tell me where is Taurus Gen

2. rainbowpool

rainbowpool Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    I ended up finding them myself, for Taurus Gem I went back to Leiston fortress, and the Opichus Gem (or something) just just a floor above... I used the gamefaqs walkthrough of the PC 3rd version for map layouts, it was more useful... for the record I had all the level 5 gems ,all level 6 (all 12 zodiac + the Opichus Gem) it was crazy but I got it... (any way I leave this so a lost soul can read this and not get too stressed)

Black ace likes this.
  3. KeyNotes88

KeyNotes88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    United States
    So I'm getting japanese dialogue text still after patching everything. The menu's, which used to be in Japanese only, now show in english, but the dialogue texts still show in Japanese. It seems halfway done, did I do something wrong?

Last edited by KeyNotes88, Jul 6, 2019
  4. rydamusprime

rydamusprime Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Canada
    First i would like to say thanks for this patch and im amazed at the work people put into these projects.

Second i would like to ask if there is a method to do this that takes up less space on my memory card. I only have a 8GB card and it seems with these steps this game will take 5-6GB (unless im not understanding something)

I see other english patches for games where you just throw the patch files into repatch and load up the game and its in english and these other patches are pretty small. Is this the only way to do it or has it been simplified since? Thanks for any help you can give

5. Kayomi

Kayomi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2017
    United States
    I cannot, for the life of me, find the Virgo Gem. Does anyone know where I can find it? :)

Edit: Found it! It is in Looking Glass 3F, northeast corner, behind a door that requires the Blue Card Key. Same place as the Tournament Invitation.

Last edited by Kayomi, Jul 6, 2019
    the database likes this.
  6. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    If only the menus are in English, then it's likely that your patched eboot.bin is loading successfully but your patched data.psarc is not. Double check that you copied the patched files to exactly these locations:

ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/gamedata/data.psarc
    ux0:rePatch/PCSG00490/eboot.bin

Note that data.psarc needs to be in the gamedata folder.

If you are playing the game with the digital version, you can delete ux0:app/PCSG00490/gamedata/data.psarc (the original, unpatched version) from the memory card to save space after putting the patched version in the rePatch directory. I recommend keeping a backup copy of this file on your PC though, since it will be required for any future xdelta patches in case any updates are released for this patch.

rydamusprime likes this.
  7. Blackswallow

Blackswallow Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    United States
    I would like to know if u guys/ ur team will be working on the crossbell arc trails is zero and w/o evolution. Cause I wanted to play these games in order and I don't own a pc so I can't play on pc.

8. rydamusprime

rydamusprime Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Canada
    The PSP versions are translated, and so is the Endless Trails (Nayuta no Kiseki) spinoff

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I got it working and now i have enough room for the first Trails game for the PSP... i want to play the original versions when possible and would rather play it on the Vita instead of of PSP. Time to get cracking :) thanks again...

Do i need to keep the original data0.psarc file or can i delete that too?

Blackswallow likes this.
  9. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    If you did the optional original BGM patch and included the patched data0.psarc in the rePatch folder, then you can delete the original data0.psarc too, but otherwise you'll need to keep it. Basically you need at least one copy of data0.psarc somewhere on the memory card, either the original or the patched version in rePatch.

rydamusprime likes this.
  10. rydamusprime

rydamusprime Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2018
    Canada
    Got it working, thanks man. Time to start the series now that i have english versions of the Trails, Crossbell and Cold Steel arcs :)