Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This information isn't true.
Again I don't have/follow Wii U. But it's possible I misread then. There was definitely some changes to payment system and some eShop stuff. Being a Nintendo heavy forum, I'm sure you guys are more aware than I am.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
1) If I install Tiramisu, would I still be able to use .elf apps via Homebrew Launcher?

1. Yes, but in future environments (aroma) they will stop working to allow for new features

So if for example, can I do this?

- install Tiramisu with coldboot
- Set up the Haxchi config file as
default=wiiu/apps/padcon/padcon.elf
- Load the VC DS Game via Quick Menu

Will I have Mocha CFW and Padcon running with just a touch?

EDIT: Tried and failed. Padcon does not load via Haxchi (config to default =.../padcon.elf) using Tiramisu. System gets stuck with a black screen.
However loading Quick Menu > MiiMaker > Padcon works perfectly

Last edited by ArgoRV,

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! Removed CBHC and installed this and it is working fine except from one thing. Every time i install a game my wiiU freezes after wup installer is done and I have to reset it. The game installs fine tho.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any reason why my NAND backup will complete but the files won't be on the SD card? I unplugged my HDD, so the only removable item is the SD card (64GB). Also every time I tried the MLC dump it errored out. I previously had CBHC and I uninstalled it (even deleted the DONT TOUCH ME game).

EDIT: tried another newly formatted SD card and it worked a treat. Now I know!

Last edited by ldeveraux,
Reactions: jeannotte

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Again I don't have/follow Wii U. But it's possible I misread then. There was definitely some changes to payment system and some eShop stuff. Being a Nintendo heavy forum, I'm sure you guys are more aware than I am.
You did misread. The payment changes were due to a security standard, if your NNID is tied to a Nintendo account you can just add balance from a Nintendo Switch, a web browser or by using a prepaid card and then buy whatever you want with it.

Neither the 3DS nor the Wii U eShop are closing anytime soon

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, iirc, the wii eshop only closed in January of 2019, and you can still download your purchases. you'll probably have access to that indefinitely, but new purchases, no, at some point.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I think I screwed up the console, a few days ago I installed Tiramisu (I had cbhc), the thing is that I changed the theme of the console (I have done it many times) but apparently the file was injected wrong, which left me with the loop in the Wii U menu, something that fixed without problems with CBHC, starting in the HBL and then using ftp to fix this, and now with Tiramisú I try to boot the HBL and it won't let me, it gets stuck, I can even open Vwii, but not the HBL, with CBHC if it allowed me, since this had happened to me before, now I can't open the ftp server and change the files.
If anyone has a solution or can tell Maschell that would be great. Because with CBHC the risk of this type of changes was minimal.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a similar issue but only with modded VC games. For example, DS games with RenderScale 2 enabled and widescreen patched N64 games. Stock VC titles close like normal.
As ShadowOne explained, DS games with RenderScale enabled have always caused the system to hang returning to the home menu. But you're right to point out N64 widescreen patched games now yielding the same issue. In the past I found that exiting any N64 VC title after having launched SDCafiine would cause it to hang in the same way. So I wanted to check if that might be what you were experiencing without realizing, but nope, sure enough my widescreen patched N64 games hang when returning home now. I'm doubtful this can or will ever be remedied, and you'll just have to get used to it.

What I would recommend, since Widescreen N64 VC games will freeze when returning to the main menu regardless, would be to make the widescreen version load only after you boot SDcafiine, since that will freeze when you return anyway, but if you launch it normally not in SDCafiine, you'll get the traditional vanilla 4:3 display and still be able to return to the home screen without issue.

EDIT: And yet, as I type this, I just tried exiting a widescreen patched N64 VC game again, and it did return to the menu without issue. So now I don't know what to think.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean when it always boots to the Environment Loader? I've already set tiramisu as my default environment and Wii U Menu as my default autoboot. But every time I restart it boots the Enviro loader. My first step was to uninstall CBHC, but the homebrew app is stioll on the home screen. I don't think I had Haxchi itself installed...

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I understand the excitement you have for Tiramisu, but we must remember that it is only part of the project, we will have to keep waiting for Aroma to be launched.

I really want to install the MK8, Smash4 and BOTW DLCs but I prefer to be patient and wait for the author to finish his work.

Reactions: ArgoRV

ableto288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(sorry 4 bad english)

I wonder if a gamepadless menu o a gamepadless way of "unbrick" or edit configuration by wii u buttons like using sync and power to access to the menu and move on it can be a good idea.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
https://www.destructoid.com/japan-3ds-and-wii-u-direct-credit-card-payments-are-ending-next-month/

This is what you read. They are removing credit card payments directly from the JAPANESE Wii U and 3DS eShop this month. They encourage customers to now buy using prepaid cards for continuing buying from those consoles.

They will probably do this some time in the future in other countries, but not yet.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I finally did a migration to Tiramisu
So far it works very good. Will try more titles and reply in case of any issue
I have noticed some delay when you go between system apps. Example: When you exit Config Tool, exit mii maker, or e-shop. the time of load of WiiU Menu is higher compared to previous CFW like Haxchi
Is there a way to fix it?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had completely forgotten about FailST, it seemed to go unnoticed by everyone else too up until now. Awesome to see there's still some life in the Wii U scene. Maybe we will have the perfect softmod yet :)

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.