Hacking [Release] The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution Psvita

Skaidus

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Actually I liked Evo version because it have voice and the graphic is good. The only thing I don't like about Ao Evo is OST( not all soundtrack, some song like Aoki Negai and Mystic Core is really good). But I don't think the Eng patch for Ao Evo will be released, so I played Ao PSP ver.
Although it's hard to me when I played Zero Evo on Vita and then go back to Ao PSP on Adrenaline (less voice and the graphic need to change to become better) but it playable so I don't mind, also the origin OST is awesome.
Yeah, thats my plan...But Idk. It would be awesome if someone could apply the patch.

@EvilGoku we need you ;-;

EvilGoku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i got ps4 and playing ps4 games and too excited to play ffvii remake dqxi devil may cry all fftype 0 uncharted series and i just finished ffxv ,playing persona 5
sorry guys maybe next time (you can play AO PC and still couldt play Ao )

Tiaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's alright. I just hope someone picks it up. I like having all the titles on the Vita, but I also really don't want to lose out on the high quality textures and voices by playing the PSP version. I might also be in the minority for this, but for the Crossbell games I actually prefer the evolution music.

Reactions: MoriHazama

Skaidus

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's alright. I just hope someone picks it up. I like having all the titles on the Vita, but I also really don't want to lose out on the high quality textures and voices by playing the PSP version. I might also be in the minority for this, but for the Crossbell games I actually prefer the evolution music.
IVve nothing to add

awkwardsheep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Just in case anyone's still working on this, the NPCs in the Crossbell bakery at the beginning of chapter 2 have Japanese text.

Also, for some reason, giving the cat a Snow Crab at the start of chapter 2 and getting the Mind 1 quartz 'freezes' the game (dialogue won't continue) upon getting the 'Mind 1 Received' text.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just in case anyone's still working on this, the NPCs in the Crossbell bakery at the beginning of chapter 2 have Japanese text.

Also, for some reason, giving the cat a Snow Crab at the start of chapter 2 and getting the Mind 1 quartz 'freezes' the game (dialogue won't continue) upon getting the 'Mind 1 Received' text.

Mai patch on OP or NoNpDrm/FAGDec one I ported please? Anyway if it's original Mai patch you are talking about, issues will exist on NoNpDrm/FAGDec one too... But if you're talking about NoNpDrm/FAGDec so maybe I missed something (but I highly doubt this is the case).

ZinnrotRitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mai patch on OP or NoNpDrm/FAGDec one I ported please? Anyway if it's original Mai patch you are talking about, issues will exist on NoNpDrm/FAGDec one too... But if you're talking about NoNpDrm/FAGDec so maybe I missed something (but I highly doubt this is the case).

It should be from the evolution extra quest which is not translated even on Mai patch. Anyway I have finished Zero evo replaying using NoNpDrm ported eboot a long time ago and the only issues that I find are the one that is evo extra quest which not translated even on Mai patch (even one of them have led me to the freezing game).

Talking about the Ao evo translation which wont released (at least in the near future, except someone gonna take the project), for those who still want to continue their Zero evo progress and play the Ao evo from that (like me) you can try to play it while opening this link which will give a eng translation script https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/6fqrt0/posted_ao_no_kiseki_full_english_translation/ , yeah I know that it will bothersome. But what can we do? lol

Reactions: Kleyon

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I'm still waiting for someone to pick up Ao Evo. The current Ao PC translation edited by flame f**ks up a lot of the voiced lines as the voice sample triggers are somehow tied to the scrip files. This shouldn't be the case with the Vita ports. I just don't want to play the game if only 20% of the voiced lines play. The voice acting is the reason why I think the Sora Evo games were a huge upgrade from the PC versions and so are the Crossbell Evo versions.

I also bought a ridiculously expensive HDMI cable with an internal 1080p/4K upscaler chip to add anti aliasing to my PSTV gaming experience. Mostly for the Kiseki Evo ports, I'm not gonna lie.

Last edited by moonblood666,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link to said HDMI cable? I'd be interested in giving it a try with my PSTV and other devices.
Look up "M-Cable".

Well, I'm still waiting for someone to pick up Ao Evo. The current Ao PC translation edited by flame f**ks up a lot of the voiced lines as the voice sample triggers are somehow tied to the scrip files. This shouldn't be the case with the Vita ports. I just don't want to play the game if only 20% of the voiced lines play. The voice acting is the reason why I think the Sora Evo games were a huge upgrade from the PC versions and so are the Crossbell Evo versions.

I also bought a ridiculously expensive HDMI cable with an internal 1080p/4K upscaler chip to add anti aliasing to my PSTV gaming experience. Mostly for the Kiseki Evo ports, I'm not gonna lie.
Actually, that is the case with the Evo games. You can either have Japanese and all voice acting are mapped, or English and voice acting is partially mapped because some of the English script is restructured.

There is a voice patch for Sora games on PC Steam/GOG version.

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a link to said HDMI cable? I'd be interested in giving it a try with my PSTV and other devices.

There is a company called Marseille that developed a chipset for HDMI cables that upscales image signals while applying edge detection AA and sharpening algorithms. Their own cables though are extremely expensive. I think their current cables cost about 120$ which is quite expensive. Other companies got the license for the chip and also jumped on the bandwagon with more affordable prices. This one I got relatively cheaply from Ebay (Germany) recently for 14€ to test it out and it utilizes the same chip as the cinema model cable from Marseille. Some US manufacturers like Seiki also provide less expensive alternatives. The only difference is the brand, the chipset is the same.

Here the neogaf thread.

Personal opinion: It's not worth 100$+, not even close. The difference in picture quality is perceivable but more subtle than the marketing might make you believe. The upscaled PSTV output (720p) to 1080p looks sharper and the aliasing is surprisingly reduced (can be seen as early as on the Bubble Menu) making the image a bit less "noisy". Also the colors are a bit more accentuated. Funny enough the game it looked the best with so far is Zero no Kiseki Evo. I was rather impressed by how well the scaling algorithms work on the 2D sprites in combination to the less noisy backgrounds. Also the text looks much sharper. Other games though like Utawarerumomo Mask of Deception looked much less impressive in their 2D segments and as washed out as if I was using my TV as the upscaler.

Overall I'd say the picture with one of these cables on a 1080p screen (don't know about 4K) is comparable to how the PSTV looked on my good old 720p TV but not quite there yet in terms of sharpness. If my 720p TV didn't break I wouldn't have even considered buying those.

Alternatives: Use 1080i! upscaler boxes do better jobs at deinterlacing nowadays. If you can get one with HDMI in and out get this one instead. I still think that the PSTV looks best in 1080i since its upscaling is an interger multiple of the Vita resolution (540p). If my TV didn't introduce such a high delay and the flickering wouldn't bother me I would play in 1080i instead as the Kiseki Evo games look gorgeous this way. Actually I'm currently thinking about buying a upscaler box with a built in de-interlacer to test it out.

Yes, I'm a bit excessive when it comes to my PSTV. But since my 720p TV broke I just can't get a decent picture on my newer TV. Don't even want to think about how much money I wasted in my pursuit for the best image quality. :(

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the edge detection works really well when there are clear borders. With 3D content it's truly impressive, while with some 2D stuff like visual novels not so much. Though I have only tested it out with my PSTV. I think the already softened image generated by the PSTV's internal upscaling from 544p to 720p is not very optimal since the borders the chip has to work with aren't as clear from the get go. Perhaps I'll take out my old PS3 and test it with native 720p content.

Zero no Kiseki Evo is a special case as the game even looks much sharper scaled by the TV alone since it has very strong contrasts. I'd say it even looks better han on my old 720p TV without the need for upscaling.

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anout Ao on PC: Are the voice triggers only broken when I use the edit by flame or also when using Guren's raw translation (I'm not talking about the machine translation but the one flames edit is based on and which was released few weeks prior)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: