Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Could this be some alternative to CFW in terms of CIA installing and launching? I am reading here and there that Ninjhax 2.0 will not enable any kind of CFW.

CIA manager is an updated version of Big Red Menu.
Homebrew Launcher can also start imported CIA files and Sunshell can also manage CIA files with 3DSX build (cause it auto-apply libkhax at startup).

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
CIA manager is an updated version of Big Red Menu.
Homebrew Launcher can also start imported CIA files and Sunshell can also manage CIA files with 3DSX build (cause it auto-apply libkhax at startup).
Well let´s wait until Ninjhax 2.0. I have an 9.8 N3DS and got tired of the blue button. My experience before updating ( for smash bros and xenoblade) was that without Pasta, cia installation with FBI gave me error. Then i ran Pasta CFW, installed big blue menu.cia with FBI and later i was able to import game cias with it.

Glad to see that this is not Pasta dependent. I regret not having tried sunshell then (it was just 3 weeks ago)

D

Deleted User

It crashes at a black screen. I even fixed ninjhax 2 to try, but didn't work, I'll do more tests!

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Installed CIA version.

Won't boot.

Crashes and forces restart.

Same problem with ORGANIZ3D.

Halp.

Are you using Ninjhax 2.0?
If so, the problem should be probably libkhax i think.
Try to use the v.0.1 and tell me if it crashes.
If not, the problem is libkhax and i can fix it fast.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@Rinnegatamante

I have tried extracting CFL_DB.dat (Mii data) with both Sunshell and ORGANIZ3D (for giving my Mii gold pants), but I keep getting an error each time saying that the file cannot be accessed. I have tried it with both Gateway mode 3.2.2 and rxMode 3.0 on both 4.1.0-7U SysNAND and 9.8.0-25U emuNAND with the Sunshell v0.3 and ORGANIZ3D v0.7.1 CIAs.

Is this a bug, or can CFL_DB.dat only be accessed through Ninjhax with the other 3DS ExtData tool mentioned in the gold pants tutorial? (I do not have Cubic Ninja)

Thank you in advance.

D

Deleted User

Are you using Ninjhax 2.0?
If so, the problem should be probably libkhax i think.
Try to use the v.0.1 and tell me if it crashes after a red screen, it turns black, and never loads...
If not, the problem is libkhax and i can fix it fast.
I can't use NH 1.0 because I'm on 9.5, it just

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Rinnegatamante

I have tried extracting CFL_DB.dat (Mii data) with both Sunshell and ORGANIZ3D (for giving my Mii gold pants), but I keep getting an error each time saying that the file cannot be accessed. I have tried it with both Gateway mode 3.2.2 and rxMode 3.0 on both 4.1.0-7U SysNAND and 9.8.0-25U emuNAND with the Sunshell v0.3 and ORGANIZ3D v0.7.1 CIAs.

Is this a bug, or can CFL_DB.dat only be accessed through Ninjhax with the other 3DS ExtData tool mentioned in the gold pants tutorial? (I do not have Cubic Ninja)

Thank you in advance.
If you're using a gateway, or any flashcard, just pirate the game.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm using rxtools.

Does this only work with Ninjhax? :(
the cia version works with anything that can install and run illegit cias. There's still a bunch of screen tearing in the cia build though, the Ninjhax version is the only usable version.

I haven't read all your posts, but your black screen issues is probably because you didn't read the readme, where it tells you to put a bunch of folders and files in addition to just installing the cia

sausbaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cia version works with anything that can install and run illegit cias. There's still a bunch of screen tearing in the cia build though, the Ninjhax version is the only usable version.
Well, the cia build won't boot for me at all. Do I need to put any of the other included files on my SD, or just the cia?

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, well it seems you are correct. I feel quite foolish now lol.

Thanks for the help.
Don't sweat it. If you look back, on almost every single page someone hasn't read the readme and wants to know why it isn't working.

edit: imo, sunshell should either auto-generate config files, or at least throw an error message chastizing the user for not reading the readme. It's the biggest problem people have with sunshell.

sausbaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't sweat it. If you look back, on almost every single page someone hasn't read the readme and wants to know why it isn't working.

edit: imo, sunshell should either auto-generate config files, or at least throw an error message chastizing the user for not reading the readme. It's the biggest problem people have with sunshell.
For some reason I thought i had already read it and couldn't find any install notes.

I've gotten it to boot, but no I'm getting this error.

Error: [string "?"]:9: Error loading image

Double checked the readme to see if it addressed this sort of thing.

Something obvious I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have figured it out.

EDIT2: Guess not. No idea what the problem could be.

EDIT3: Good lord I got it working. ;_;

Last edited by sausbaus,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
@Rinnegatamante

Thank you in advance.

Some extdata archive are bugged on CIA version don't know why.
Try to use extdata_dump to see if you can dump this archive. ( https://github.com/MrCheeze/extdata_dump )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here