ROM Hack [RELEASE] Story of Seasons Save Editor

Iftija

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey sorry for bothering but when i try to use my savefile in the editor it wont work i just get "Invalid File"
can you help me? (already tried to make seperate save's just wont work)

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a dumped save of Harvest Moon a New Beginning. I would have one but sadly I deleted it while cleaning my pc by accident. Thanks it would be really awesome if someone has one.

Reactions: citra1

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use Alex193a's fork if you are playing EUR version.
Do u think u could make a save editor for Harvest Moon A new beginning ik a lot of people want one and I would like one too. I hope u could but u don't have to since people are so busy now at days if it's to much trouble then u don't need to worry about. I just wish someone could make one it would really help a lot of people who play the game. Thanks I hope u wouldn't mind doing it.

Reactions: iepuras

utee123

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, I have an EUR version, and I've been playing SoS via Sky3DS+. I've tried to load the save file but I always get "Invalid save file" error. This is the method I followed:
  • I copied the .sav file from the card
  • Renamed *.sav to *.bin
  • Used 3DSaveTool to decrypt the save file
  • Tried to open with SOSSE
Is there something that I've been doing wrong? Any help would be great, thanks!

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an EUR version, and I've been playing SoS via Sky3DS+. I've tried to load the save file but I always get "Invalid save file" error. This is the method I followed:
  • I copied the .sav file from the card
  • Renamed *.sav to *.bin
  • Used 3DSaveTool to decrypt the save file
  • Tried to open with SOSSE
Is there something that I've been doing wrong? Any help would be great, thanks!

The save is encrypted on the SD card. You can only decrypt a save from the console, because it relies on your console's special key to do so. You have to use some homebrew to dump it (JKSaveLoader, DevMenu's save thing, etc.)

Reactions: utee123

claire_fellix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The smallest change corrupts my save file. >:
I've done a really small test. I have changed one of my items amount from 1 to 2 and still got a save file corruption when I loaded it.
I'm using Homebrew x SVDT and a digital version of the game. My pc has 4.6.1 .NET Framework and the save editor operates with no errors. I'm editing save0.bin file and injecting it into the game.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was wondering if someone successfully transferred their US savegame to the EU game.

I tried it with the usual savedatafiler method but the US save is not readable on the EU Version. Another thing I tried was to inject the German language files to the US rom. The save then worked but item names where still in English and there where many errors with the script.

So anyone having an idea on how to convert the US Save to an EU game? (since I guess you guys are more knowledgeable on how the game's saves work)

inkdragon

The Ink Dragon
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
inkdrgn.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a dumped save of Harvest Moon a New Beginning. I would have one but sadly I deleted it while cleaning my pc by accident. Thanks it would be really awesome if someone has one.

US version, Female Player. Has Trading Unlocked + First 2 Songs. Used JKSV to extract

Would very much love to see a save editor for this game.

Attachments

• Harvest_Moon__A_New_Beginning.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 3,039

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US version, Female Player. Has Trading Unlocked + First 2 Songs. Used JKSV to extract

Would very much love to see a save editor for this game.
Thanks but i found a way to cheat in the game so i don't need the file anymore i really appreciate it though. If u wanna know how to cheat then go to this youtube video just copy and paste this and the guy will tell u what to do. If u have more questions then just ask me.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or is anybody else still working on making a universal save editor? ^_^ I have saves from both regions if that could help out somehow

I wish I had the time to, but Alex's is open source on Github and you can fork it and work on it if you'd like (or anyone else). I highly suggest rewriting some of it to fit conventional standards. It's a bit messy.. like C# usually is.:gun::gun:

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wish I had the time to, but Alex's is open source on Github and you can fork it and work on it if you'd like (or anyone else). I highly suggest rewriting some of it to fit conventional standards. It's a bit messy.. like C# usually is.:gun::gun:
ouf, I wish :shy: I barely know how to use the editor - I think trying to code might be a little out of my league :P

Cleru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way so you can have male facial features while being a female, and vice versa?
Is it at all possible to do with save editing?

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there a way so you can have male facial features while being a female, and vice versa?
Is it at all possible to do with save editing?
is bit complicated one but still easier to edit than farm layout, position etc.
is it possible to edit save data from citra emulator?
save data on citra is exactly same as on 3ds but on unencyrpted state
Would it be possible to add the ability to change farm name?
is possible i think ...

btw someone have korean version of SOS stuff? can PM me about that :)

Last edited by andibad,

Marya

Trophies
XP
Country
You should probably make save editor for Story of Seasons : Trio of Towns and Harvest Moon : Skytree Village when they are released!

Reactions: Tgranger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo