Hacking [RELEASE] StarUpdater - A Luma3DS Updater

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal that i did the luma update and now in settings it says Ver. 11.0.0-33E when before it said SYS11 etc.

It appears that im still on luma but just thought id ask

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it normal that i did the luma update and now in settings it says Ver. 11.0.0-33E when before it said SYS11 etc.

It appears that im still on luma but just thought id ask
I think you didn't check the ''Show current NAND in System Settings'' option in the Luma menu while pressing SELECT on boot. Everything's fine.

CibnaBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the error :

Error: [string "?"]:186: file doesn't exist.

error.jpg

I'm also getting "Config error!" in the main page where it should show the version of Luma3DS that I have.

config error.jpg

My Luma3DS settings are:

New 3DS CPU Clock+L2, Autoboot SysNAND, Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH), Show NAND or user string in System Settings, and Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM

luma config.jpg

The root of my SD card looks like this:

sd card root.jpg

I have a N3DS and I've just hacked it a few days ago, following Plailect's guide and with the help of a friend. I've asked my friend about this error, and he is also unsure of why I'm encountering this. Anyone familiar with why this happens? Thank you in advance!

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the error :

Error: [string "?"]:186: file doesn't exist.

View attachment 62782

I'm also getting "Config error!" in the main page where it should show the version of Luma3DS that I have.

View attachment 62783

My Luma3DS settings are:

New 3DS CPU Clock+L2, Autoboot SysNAND, Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH), Show NAND or user string in System Settings, and Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM

View attachment 62784

The root of my SD card looks like this:

View attachment 62785

I have a N3DS and I've just hacked it a few days ago, following Plailect's guide and with the help of a friend. I've asked my friend about this error, and he is also unsure of why I'm encountering this. Anyone familiar with why this happens? Thank you in advance!
Can you post your configuration file? Thanks.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Weird, I've ran StarUpdater every time I need to update Luma, it works fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you post your configuration file? Thanks.
if it's a bug in StarUpdater itself, plz go through the PR before fixing that bug x.x

Or I'll have to rewrite what I did based on your latest commit and then PR again x.x

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Please help persons!! I do not touch 3DS in some time... I think "Perhaps best to update Luma3DS" I do it and when 3DS is restart this screen becomes. What setting to "Ok!"? Oh 3DS version is 11.0.0-33....

Hmm.. I do wrong thing and update Luma3DS before 3DS ver? oh there is new luma updater version too?
2cdhbie.jpg

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help persons!! I do not touch 3DS in some time... I think "Perhaps best to update Luma3DS" I do it and when 3DS is restart this screen becomes. What setting to "Ok!"? Oh 3DS version is 11.0.0-33....

Hmm.. I do wrong thing and update Luma3DS before 3DS ver? oh there is new luma updater version too?
That should happen when you update luma.
Turn on autoboot sysnand (if you have a9lh)
Show NAND or user string in System settings
Show GBA boot screen

Just update luma updater.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
That should happen when you update luma.
Turn on autoboot sysnand (if you have a9lh)
Show NAND or user string in System settings
Show GBA boot screen

Just update luma updater.

Okay I did what you are say and update "Luma Updater" too, then update 3DS ver to latest. No issue with console. Everything OK!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, astronautlevel,

I have noticed that your updater is no longer in sync with latest Luma3DS builds. It is still offering to download version 6.3, but current Luma3DS version is now 6.3.1. Can you fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Check it again

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
89cfae18aa00be9934abf91c68c3fde2.png

Astronaut seems to have discontinued StarUpdater.

On the other hand, StarUpdater-UN (aka my fork), was updated to support Luma3DS 6.1.3+ MenuHax as well. If you want to keep using StarUpdater and use MenuHax, go with it, I suppose.

It'll replace StarUpdater as it uses the same title ID, too.

https://github.com/gnmmarechal/StarUpdater/releases

I've also submitted a PR to the official repository, but that seems not to have been merged (yet?).

bekzboo12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi can I update luma with normal verson ?? Becuse everytime I update the last version, it's the hourly version of luma which is not stable.. before my luma in v6.3.1-bd6c7b7f and then I update the fw 11.2 I can't open 3ds.. so I need to downgrade my luma to v.6.3.1 normal version

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi can I update luma with normal verson ?? Becuse everytime I update the last version, it's the hourly version of luma which is not stable.. before my luma in v6.3.1-bd6c7b7f and then I update the fw 11.2 I can't open 3ds.. so I need to downgrade my luma to v.6.3.1 normal version
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.3.1

Downlod this, unzip, copy paste and replace the arm9loaderhax file in your 3DS SD card root.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work