Homebrew [Release] Spiik - Region & language changer

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
However, my app does unpatch all functions when hbl is loaded again, so I mostly see spiik being replaced by hid to vpad, but not to crash.

P.s. do you have any clues on my question on wiiubru?
Holey moley, the forums are getting used? Woooah!
In all seriousness, I'm not sure. Game REing isn't really my thing, might be worth asking someone who does more of that (@CosmoCortney comes to mind, or possibly @Maschell. You lot: how do games detect the system language?)

D

Deleted User

Nice, thank you :) I tested it and works like a charm. Also a nice side effect is that I can post on US miiverse from my EUR console by spoofing the region. That's wonderful.
Finally i can brag about my Taiko highscores owo

D

Deleted User

Aw man. Tried with Taiko no Tatsujin ATD and i'm getting error that there was an error and Wii U needs to close. [150-013 i believe?]
Guess no bragging about my scores on japaneze memeverse.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that I can post Play Journal Entries for Japaense Wii U games, like Puyo Puyo Tetris and Wai Wai World 2 (VC) (won't include links), but those posts don't show up on your profile. At least I think they don't. Now, if only Wrecking Crew '98 were added to a certain database or whatever it is so I would post play journal entries for that game...

I made a mistake and tried to view my Friends list with Spiik activated, which caused my Wii U to freeze.

Last edited by Yoni Arousement,

::Phoenix::

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can confirm that I can post Play Journal Entries for Japaense Wii U games, like Puyo Puyo Tetris and Wai Wai World 2 (VC) (won't include links), but those posts don't show up on your profile. At least I think they don't. Now, if only Wrecking Crew '98 were added to a certain database or whatever it is so I would post play journal entries for that game...

I made a mistake and tried to view my Friends list with Spiik activated, which caused my Wii U to freeze.

There are many system apps whose title change according to the current region. When Spiik changes region, the system tries to load the load the wrong system app, that's why it freezes. I plan on adding such applications to a black list as I did for the System menu.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will only use this to change language of a game like Zelda instead of changing region. It kinda takes too long for the System to do it itself.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
This worked! thanks so much! :)

Now, just wondering, what would happen if I save the game in Japanese and then forget to run Spiik and load the Japanese save file and the game runs in Enlish? will it corrupt?
Is there a way to auto run spiik or change the console to be always Japanese region?

Thanks!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This worked! thanks so much! :)

Now, just wondering, what would happen if I save the game in Japanese and then forget to run Spiik and load the Japanese save file and the game runs in Enlish? will it corrupt?
Is there a way to auto run spiik or change the console to be always Japanese region?

Thanks!
Your saves should be working perfectly fine.

In order to do that, I need to add spiik's features to some cfw like mocha or haxchi cfw. As for now, there is no other way apart from running spiik at least once manually.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Bomberman' 94 USA (Turbografx) just almost works on EU console. It starts with/without Spiik but after you create a restore point or just quit the game and restart again it always freezes at the title of the virtual console screen. USA version is 217,5 MB the EUR is 376.3 MB.

Last edited by Cava,

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bomberman' 94 USA (Turbografx) just almost works on EU console. It starts with/without Spiik but after you create a restore point or just quit the game and restart again it always freezes at the title of the virtual console screen. USA version is 217,5 MB the EUR is 376.3 MB.
I will check it out! Thank you for reporting!

Reactions: Cava
D

Deleted User

I will check it out! Thank you for reporting!
Do you have any idea why Taiko no Tatsujin ATD throws that error? [Every other JPN game works fine, expect this one which is rather annoying]
(I'm also asking this out of curiosity)

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have any idea why Taiko no Tatsujin ATD throws that error? [Every other JPN game works fine, expect this one which is rather annoying]
(I'm also asking this out of curiosity)
The reason I can think of is that it gathers the console region without the function MCP_GetSysProSettings, which my app hooks. I need to do some tests with the game once I have some free time

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans