ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, got the first one moved fine, AND WHOOPS okay second placement was off. I assumed the coin corresponded to the tile that's used to get out, but I guess it's the center?
further down in the spoiler about building seeder it explains the bridges and how to place them.

I keep trying to place a bridge. After I placed the bridge I can't walk over it. I've tried saving and quitting but I still can't walk across the bridge. I need help
what number bridge is it?

biahorn

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, i used save backup and everything went fine. so I tried to use save restore and no color appeared. so I decided save and quit and now it doesn't stop saving! I don't know what to do.
i touched power, entered at the game and save and the same thing happened.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
so, i used save backup and everything went fine. so I tried to use save restore and no color appeared. so I decided save and quit and now it doesn't stop saving! I don't know what to do.
i touched power, entered at the game and save and the same thing happened.

save back up?

literally, if you're wanting to create back ups and be able to restore your town then I'd advise using this instead, as it's much simpler.

(all you'd be doing is exporting your binfile (that's literally a save backup of your town) and then re-entering it whenever you want.)

Sere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is a ROM Editor version for badges, but is there a way (through the QR thing or otherwise) to change how it keeps track of how close you are to force Phineas to show up??

Chris10237

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the building seeding. My brother and I updated our 3DS's before noticing that the hack doesn't work on 9.6, so we're going to borrow our friend's before he returns it for a New 3DS, so I want to make sure I do this right before giving him his 3DS back.

1st of all, if the game is bricked, can I safely get my data back if I create a save backup? I once screwed up my Wild World game and it stopped loading, and I never got my town back. So I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

With the building seeder, you get an item and drop it on a spot to create a building, right? If that is the case, is the item going to be the top left corner of the building? It'd be nice to know this so I can get the placements right, though I guess it doesn't matter too much if I can move buildings in the RAM editor.

Will the building seeder allow me to exceed the 30 pwp limit?

Can the building seeder place buildings on the island, and if so is it safe?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

TeenageFrankenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I moved my house onto the beach and instead of the cobblestone being level with the beach it's level with the rest of the town. Did I do something wrong and is there any way I can fix this?

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I moved my house onto the beach and instead of the cobblestone being level with the beach it's level with the rest of the town. Did I do something wrong and is there any way I can fix this?

You didn't do anything wrong, that's just how the game is programmed. I've been trying to remove it but I'm not sure it's possible.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only workaround I can think of is turning your house into a tent (since it has no cobblestone)

TeenageFrankenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't do anything wrong, that's just how the game is programmed. I've been trying to remove it but I'm not sure it's possible.

The only workaround I can think of is turning your house into a tent (since it has no cobblestone)
Thank you both, the help is much appreciated! By the way, how would I turn my house back into a tent?

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both, the help is much appreciated! By the way, how would I turn my house back into a tent?

Before you start: please note that this only changes the exterior of your house. The inside will stay the same size as a house. So you could have a fully expanded house that looks like a tent from the outside! magic tent haha

But Anyway: You'd have to edit the coding using a program like HxD Hex Editor

From there on it depends on which character's house you're trying to turn into a tent

Player 1 starts at 0X57E84,
Player 2 starts at 0x590ac
Player 3 starts at 0x5a2d4

I really don't know how to explain it because I'm pretty new to this myself so I don't know the terminology. But I'll try to explain it for Player 1 (your mayor) -- you have to edit both addresses for the changes to stick!

- 0x57e84 & 0x57e8D change the exterior size: I set this to 00

- 0x57e85 & 0x57e8E change the exterior shape: I set this to 00 as well

- 0x57e86 & 0x57e8F change the door shape: 00 again

- 0x57e87 & 0x57e90 change the exterior color: I set this to 01

- 0x57e88 & 0x57e91 change the roof color: I set this one to 01

- 0x57e89 & 0x57e92 change the door's color: I set this one to 01 as well

- 0x57e8a & 0x57e93 change the fence: I set this one to 00

- 0x57e8b & 0x57e94 change the pavement: This one I set to 01

- 0x57e8c & 0x57e95 change the mailbox: this one I kept at 0B

so the string should look like: 00 00 00 01 01 01 00 01 0B 00 00 00 01 01 01 00 01 0B
or like this:
zf6y1gG.png

TeenageFrankenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you start: please note that this only changes the exterior of your house. The inside will stay the same size as a house. So you could have a fully expanded house that looks like a tent from the outside! magic tent haha

But Anyway: You'd have to edit the coding using a program like HxD Hex Editor

From there on it depends on which character's house you're trying to turn into a tent

Player 1 starts at 0X57E84,
Player 2 starts at 0x590ac
Player 3 starts at 0x5a2d4

I really don't know how to explain it because I'm pretty new to this myself so I don't know the terminology. But I'll try to explain it for Player 1 (your mayor) -- you have to edit both addresses for the changes to stick!

- 0x57e84 & 0x57e8D change the exterior size: I set this to 00

- 0x57e85 & 0x57e8E change the exterior shape: I set this to 00 as well

- 0x57e86 & 0x57e8F change the door shape: 00 again

- 0x57e87 & 0x57e90 change the exterior color: I set this to 01

- 0x57e88 & 0x57e91 change the roof color: I set this one to 01

- 0x57e89 & 0x57e92 change the door's color: I set this one to 01 as well

- 0x57e8a & 0x57e93 change the fence: I set this one to 00

- 0x57e8b & 0x57e94 change the pavement: This one I set to 01

- 0x57e8c & 0x57e95 change the mailbox: this one I kept at 0B

so the string should look like: 00 00 00 01 01 01 00 01 0B 00 00 00 01 01 01 00 01 0B
or like this:
zf6y1gG.png

Alright, thanks! This is very helpful.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so my sister and i have been having a couple issues:

sister:
- random trash cans have been spawning all over her town
- when she tries to build a PWP through Isabelle, the roped off section disappears after she goes into a building, regardless of how much she's paid on it (or if she's paid it off)

me:
- i tried building a garbage can with isabelle, the roped off section didnt disappear when i went into a building but it did disappear the next day
- the building seeder doesnt seem to be working for me anymore, at all.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the building seeding. My brother and I updated our 3DS's before noticing that the hack doesn't work on 9.6, so we're going to borrow our friend's before he returns it for a New 3DS, so I want to make sure I do this right before giving him his 3DS back.

1st of all, if the game is bricked, can I safely get my data back if I create a save backup? I once screwed up my Wild World game and it stopped loading, and I never got my town back. So I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

With the building seeder, you get an item and drop it on a spot to create a building, right? If that is the case, is the item going to be the top left corner of the building? It'd be nice to know this so I can get the placements right, though I guess it doesn't matter too much if I can move buildings in the RAM editor.

Will the building seeder allow me to exceed the 30 pwp limit?

Can the building seeder place buildings on the island, and if so is it safe?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Okay, any changes that you make to the game after assigning the new ram dump to the game are reversible as long as you do not save. If you happen to mess up your game (using the ram editor and not the spider leaf tool set) then you will be able to simply reset the game and wipe away the changes made. The same pretty much applies to all of the spider hacks, too.

You'll have to do a bit of testing with this. In my experience, I've found that most PWPS exceeding the single square size generally grow from the bottom left corner. I'm terrible at explaining these things, so if you drop a bell then run the building QR hack then the square where you dropped the bell should be the bottom left hand corner of the PWP. Obviously for 1x1 PWPS and bridges this is different. (See the OP for those)

No, it will not. Any PWPS built after the limit will fail to turn up.
I don't know, I haven't tested it on the island. I know it's possible to put PWP on the island through hex editing, but if I were you I'd leave the island alone to avoid any bricking, since it's required that you save to transverse to and from the island.

Hope I helped ~

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
okay so my sister and i have been having a couple issues:

sister:
- random trash cans have been spawning all over her town
- when she tries to build a PWP through Isabelle, the roped off section disappears after she goes into a building, regardless of how much she's paid on it (or if she's paid it off)

me:
- i tried building a garbage can with isabelle, the roped off section didnt disappear when i went into a building but it did disappear the next day
- the building seeder doesnt seem to be working for me anymore, at all.

sister:
- odds are that she placed loads of trash cans when using the spider hack. Most of the time they glitch and become invisible.
- when this glitch occurs the only way to make them visible is to start a new pwp, after so the pwp you've just started will become invisible and the previous invisible will become visible.

you:
-the same glitch as mentioned above. This only occurs when you're trying to build a PWP you haven't yet unlocked. The only solution to this is to pay off more and more pwps. I haven't actually done any testing, so I'd advise you to build one of the default PWPs you get automatically instead of unlocked ones. I think I'm safe to assume that they should turn up instantly.
-the building seeder is working for you, only every time you're trying to use it whatever you're placing is becoming invisible. This was explained in the OP, as how it can be misused accidentally brick/ruin your town.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep trying to place a bridge. After I placed the bridge I can't walk over it. I've tried saving and quitting but I still can't walk across the bridge. I need help

fast forward a few days
if the problem still persists then I'd advise trying to get Isabelle to remove it.

Chris10237

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, any changes that you make to the game after assigning the new ram dump to the game are reversible as long as you do not save. If you happen to mess up your game (using the ram editor and not the spider leaf tool set) then you will be able to simply reset the game and wipe away the changes made. The same pretty much applies to all of the spider hacks, too.

You'll have to do a bit of testing with this. In my experience, I've found that most PWPS exceeding the single square size generally grow from the bottom left corner. I'm terrible at explaining these things, so if you drop a bell then run the building QR hack then the square where you dropped the bell should be the bottom left hand corner of the PWP. Obviously for 1x1 PWPS and bridges this is different. (See the OP for those)

No, it will not. Any PWPS built after the limit will fail to turn up.
I don't know, I haven't tested it on the island. I know it's possible to put PWP on the island through hex editing, but if I were you I'd leave the island alone to avoid any bricking, since it's required that you save to transverse to and from the island.

Hope I helped ~
Thanks! This helps me a ton!

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sister:
- odds are that she placed loads of trash cans when using the spider hack. Most of the time they glitch and become invisible.
- when this glitch occurs the only way to make them visible is to start a new pwp, after so the pwp you've just started will become invisible and the previous invisible will become visible.

you:
-the same glitch as mentioned above. This only occurs when you're trying to build a PWP you haven't yet unlocked. The only solution to this is to pay off more and more pwps. I haven't actually done any testing, so I'd advise you to build one of the default PWPs you get automatically instead of unlocked ones. I think I'm safe to assume that they should turn up instantly.
-the building seeder is working for you, only every time you're trying to use it whatever you're placing is becoming invisible. This was explained in the OP, as how it can be misused accidentally brick/ruin your town.

each time she places a trash can, and it's invisible, she removes it. so the trash cans shouldnt exist at all. she uses the building seeder, as you can't place PWPs with the RAM editor, you can only move them around

i've been able to build thing i haven't unlocked because i used the PWP unlocker. i built a classic police station just fine, and a modern one next to it. both are present and fully functional.
i also tried placing a streetlight, the default one, and it didnt work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Discord need to die