ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
THANKS A BILLION!!!!! I'd just like to see more cool features, like maybe a GUI for some tools, like for example choosing the villager you want to evict from your town? Again, these tools are still really cool. Keep doing what you're doing! :yaysp:

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried placing Katrina's tent in an arbitrary place on the map. Instead, it moved my house...to a location different than where I placed the bells. weird.

Puntastic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the Building Seeder. I just moved Bianca's house to a different spot. Right now I can't enter her house because she's outside roaming around, so I can't check if I can enter and exit safely. It does play the normal message that shows up when you try to enter a house when the owner is outside, so is it safe to save and quit?

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the Building Seeder. I just moved Bianca's house to a different spot. Right now I can't enter her house because she's outside roaming around, so I can't check if I can enter and exit safely. It does play the normal message that shows up when you try to enter a house when the owner is outside, so is it safe to save and quit?

If you can walk up to and access the front door, and the game didn't lock up on you after using the seeder, you should be safe. It's more of a concern for moving player houses, because you could end up exiting into a cliff, river, etc., rendering the game unplayable. If you screw up moving another structure, you can always move it again, but the same isn't always true for the player house once you've saved.

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I make a suggestion to you or anyone who's willing to contribute? :)

It would be really great if we could change our grass patterns (square, triangle, circle) and the default town hall & train station roof colors (grey, red, brown, blue, green). I'd do it myself, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to this thing. I've only have SysNAND.

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need emunand to help! You can poke around mori.bin with a hex editor, then upload your changes with Save Restore. If you screw up, all you have to do is close the software, as no changes are permanent until you save. (Make a backup first though, just in case.)

Grass and train station colors are something I wanted to add but didn't get time to discover, primarily because it's a static feature that can't be changed, so you can't exactly make a save, then change it, then compare save dumps. I'll probably have to make several towns, or partially inject a different town a block at a time until the grass/train station changes, then go from there. If I or someone else figures it out and it doesn't get added to the editor I'll probably make a tool for it.

BubblegumGuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, so much for that $15 I spent on Powersaves. (Glad I didn't spend $30 for it at Gamestop, at least...)
I commend you, sir or madam. Your tools work beautifully. My town is no longer a mess of brown desert spots from all the buildings I've been moving around with marc_max's editor. :P Hope to see what's next in store! *fingers crossed for triangle grass*

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need emunand to help! You can poke around mori.bin with a hex editor, then upload your changes with Save Restore. If you screw up, all you have to do is close the software, as no changes are permanent until you save. (Make a backup first though, just in case.)

Grass and train station colors are something I wanted to add but didn't get time to discover, primarily because it's a static feature that can't be changed, so you can't exactly make a save, then change it, then compare save dumps. I'll probably have to make several towns, or partially inject a different town a block at a time until the grass/train station changes, then go from there. If I or someone else figures it out and it doesn't get added to the editor I'll probably make a tool for it.

Well, then! I'll try and see if my dumb mind can comprehend hex editing. ;) Thanks!

Ah, I see. If you or anyone could figure it out someday, that would be incredible.
I'm sure that some people would be willing to lend you the file of their town to figure out the coding of those... Dream town injecting is proven to work (I've done it and it worked perfectly), so you might be able to work with that as well to gather all the data you need! Thank you for responding to my suggestion, by the way! I really appreciate all the hard work you and everyone have done. It's given me a reason to play ACNL again after all this time. :)

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
I decided to be an idiot and delete my house one day. I saved and quitted like an idiot, and then when I got back into my town, the player was in the T position and not moving. How would I restore my mori.bin savefile now?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to be an idiot and delete my house one day. I saved and quitted like an idiot, and then when I got back into my town, the player was in the T position and not moving. How would I restore my mori.bin savefile now?

just move a new character in and then load the file. that sounds like the easiest way imo.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the case of a physical copy of the game, will the altered save data be the same when played on a new 3DS?

I have the old 3DS XL to make changes to my cartridge copy, but will the changes still be the same when I put the cart into my new 3DS XL (2015 model)?

edit: I'm almost positive that the data will still be applied when switched to a different console but I want to be 100000% sure, as my new 3DS XL is my main handheld and switching between the two would be a hassle

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in addition to my last post, I'm trying to move my town hall and event plaza.

the building & the tree move fine, but the rock underneath doesn't move at all.

is there any way to make it move or is that a bug?

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the case of a physical copy of the game, will the altered save data be the same when played on a new 3DS?

I have the old 3DS XL to make changes to my cartridge copy, but will the changes still be the same when I put the cart into my new 3DS XL (2015 model)?

edit: I'm almost positive that the data will still be applied when switched to a different console but I want to be 100000% sure, as my new 3DS XL is my main handheld and switching between the two would be a hassle

The following things are not backed up with Save Backup:
  • StreetPass data
  • Stored patterns at the Able Sisters
  • Stored letters at the post office
To my knowledge though, all other data is backed up.

Also, the rock tiles underneath the various buildings are not part of the building itself, but are part of the acre data. If you look in the other AC thread there's an acre editor that lets you play with those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)