Homebrew [RELEASE] SOON!2 (Super cOOl iNstaller! 2) - A new super cool CIA installer

TheMisterMees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We need some way to combine this UI and noob-proofiness, with the CDN downloading of CIAngel! And maybe even allow getting the keys needed straight from the title key site.

About the hosting issue... why not use a free host like x10? (as a backup at least)
About the hosting, I am the webdev and the reason why we are not using a free host is because of the limited bandwidth. Most free hosting providers have a limited amount of bandwidth, that's the reason why the SOON!2 website went down in the first hour we released it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the hosting, I am the webdev and the reason why we are not using a free host is because of the limited bandwidth. Most free hosting providers have a limited amount of bandwidth, that's the reason why the SOON!2 website went down in the first hour we released it.
I don't think that x10 hosting has a bandwitch limit, so I'd suggest looking into that.

Edit: It does not.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're not hosting any php scripts, http://ultimatefreehost.in is great. My http://jackus.ml is hosted on it.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I think this project will die fast then. I don't understand why you have made such a big CIA installer (art boxes, etc.) that is linked to a server when it can made offline, too, so DevMenu, the newest FBI 2.0.5 and BigBlueMenu are better here.
We need some way to combine this UI and noob-proofiness, with the CDN downloading of CIAngel! And maybe even allow getting the keys needed straight from the title key site.

About the hosting issue... why not use a free host like x10? (as a backup at least)
wait for "Homebrews are coming SOON!" (the download mii for CIA files)
it will literally make you know the server it's required and also will allow you to download homebrew directly to your 3ds.

We can not use free ones. We tried that, but in less than 1 hour on the launch day, the server go down because it reached the limit bandwith and simultaneous connections. We needed to improve it to premium (check pages 1 and 2). Then we started to request donations for the server (page 2).

@Traiver check your PMs

-----------------------------------
BIG NEWS!

I made an improvement I know you all will like!
I found my way to speed-up the installation a little bit.
Both versions ("Fast" and "Progress bar") are now faster.

Here are the previous benchmarks:
SOON!2 Fast Version: 08:37:132
SOON!2 with Progress Bar: 08:51:127

and the ones from the new versions:
SOON!2 Fast Version: 08:34:017
SOON!2 with Progress Bar: 08:37:428

I guess you all will love the new fast speeds!

And talking about speed, FBI haves a new version, so I give it a speed test too.
Here are the results from v1.4.17: 08:54:361
And here are the results from the new version v2.0.4: 09:13:839

Again, all these benchmarks have been done installing Exstetra in the same 3DS, same SD Card, always from boot.
Here are my previous benchmarks:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...cool-cia-installer.416076/page-5#post-6110233

SOON!2 v2.2.0 will be released April 25th.

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

progress bar version will be released April 25th with v2.2.0

Reactions: dmc310 and Ryumaru

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yeah it should.
please read what I said over and over and over again...
Homebrew CIA Installers are created using a homemade SDK. That SDK haves a several issue on the installing function when the content you wanna install haves multiple cfa content (more than 3 to be exact).
What does this means?
Every homebrew cia installer (SOON!2, FBI, NASA...) will have issues installing DLC content (the only kind of content with more than 3 cfa since games only haves 2, Manual and DLP Child)
So, once again, never use a homebrew installer to install DLC content (and yeah, themes are DLC content)
Use official Nintendo's installer (Aka: DevMenu or his mod: BigBlueMenu/Title Manager) for install DLC content. (See Howling Theme Tool thread for more details)
For games, applications and updates homebrew installers are great.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Portuguese language Brazil would go along with this update ?
yes!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please read what I said over and over and over again...
Homebrew CIA Installers are created using a homemade SDK. That SDK haves a several issue on the installing function when the content you wanna install haves multiple cfa content (more than 3 to be exact).
What does this means?
Every homebrew cia installer (SOON!2, FBI, NASA...) will have issues installing DLC content (the only kind of content with more than 3 cfa since games only haves 2, Manual and DLP Child)
So, once again, never use a homebrew installer to install DLC content (and yeah, themes are DLC content)
Use official Nintendo's installer (Aka: DevMenu or his mod: BigBlueMenu/Title Manager) for install DLC content. (See Howling Theme Tool thread for more details)
For games, applications and updates homebrew installers are great.
Ah ok sorry. I won't make the mistake again.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: