ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your experiencing known issues with the current master branch. I made the mistake of developing in the master branch a while ago and decided i wasnt going to back track. From the next version onwards, master will be stable. For now, the fix i implemented to stop an infinite loop and memory leak from trying to open a param file is stopping the app from opening any ACMD files on the 3ds. Here's a small changelist

• Allow parsing all fighter animations by selecting the fighter's "motion" folder (the folder containing the other folders named "body" and such), rather than selecting the main.pac/bch.
  • Restructured the tree view for better usage
  • Renamed Frame_Speed_Multiplier to Set_Frame_Duration to better indicate usage
  • Current tab handle is colored green to easily distinguish from non selected tabs
  • Fix switching / opening tabs causing crashes in release builds
  • Fix Parse Animations throwing errors on certain characters
  • Fix rebuilding ACMD crashing on taunt, crouch, etc
  • Merge new custom codebox branch
  • Add IASA / Allow_Interupt command
  • Add TRUE/FALSE/COMPARE/IS_BIT_SET commands
  • Autocalc TRUE/FALSE/GOTO commands.
  • Autoformat on entering closing bracket '}'.
  • Remove indent level and do indenting based on enclosing brackets.
  • fix save as
  • fix parsing animations in fighter mode
  • fix save in fighter mode
  • add "mode" combo box to file menu to save as either big endian or little endian for wiiu/3ds.
  • display subaction index next to CRC in treeview
  • return to displaying empty event lists in fighter mode to preserve subaction indexes.
  • Update with new 1.1.4 commands
  • parsing animations now preserves subaction index
  • Allow adding commands to empty lists
  • fix infinite loop memory leak when someone mistakenly opens anything other than ACMD

I'm probably missing a few things but i'm fairly certain that's most of the current finished changes :P
How do you get this build?

Reactions: Epicdaftman

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's not out yet. The closest is the github version, but you need visual studio + c# 6.0 to run it. And still, you need to change the code because there are some bugs.
Nvm I installed Visual studio fixed some code, build it and got it working! But I rather wait till is fully fixed and out:)

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to do dash dance, but sometimes I get a slow run like in the beginning of that video. Anyone knows how to fix it?Sorry fo rthe bad quality my phone sucks

Raxxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get Sm4sh onto my computer to modify? I have the base game on a storage device, but my computer wants me to format the storage device cause it doesn't recognize the file system.

jabba232

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what expression exactly and where can i get the game files

Attachments

• ehwoMSJ.png
    ehwoMSJ.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by jabba232,

Mr.???

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to load SaltySD and it wont do anything. I did everything but still nothing. I left the files the same size as their original, I put them all in the correct directory and I use the Cachegen tool to generate the cache.bin but still no luck. help?

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to load SaltySD and it wont do anything. I did everything but still nothing. I left the files the same size as their original, I put them all in the correct directory and I use the Cachegen tool to generate the cache.bin but still no luck. help?
It could be possible your changes just aren't being saved; that actually happened to me, and it took over an hour to realize it...

You could check by running the program again to see if the changes you made are still there. If it did in fact not save, I used Trinitro21's advice given earlier, and it solved the problem:
That happens sometimes for me too. Hitting save after closing all tabs or spamming ctrl+s seems to work in those situations.

EDIT: Apparently, even the actual creator of the program mentioned this too; just thought I'd include it here to give credit:
Also, make sure your closing all the tabs manually before saving. There was a bug that required this in previous versions, though it should be fixed already. If not, it will be in the next ver

Last edited by Mattshark,

Mr.???

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My settings were saved but it still doesnt work. could it be the fact that I'm not using the latest dt and ls files?

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
float.Parse throws an exception if your language on your computer isn't set to USA-english. Just pointing it out there. I tried changing your code on github to add a globalization parameter and it seemed to work.

Matt_192

Trophies
XP
Country
H:\3DS Hacking\!-Important Tools\hans_scripts\romfs>DTLS.exe -r dt ls edits
Patching resource
Patch found: edits/animcmd/fighter/murabito/game.bin
The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Unhandled Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given
key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at DTLS.Program.PatchArchive(String resourceString, String patchFolder)
at DTLS.Program.Main(String[] args)

Anyone got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? The only issue I did was change villager's down tilt to 999 damage so I could prove to myself I knew what I was doing - clearly I didn't, lol

(This is a european copy btw)

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(This is a european copy btw)
From page 30:
I see. The reason it was crashing is because it's currently trying to patch (in this order):
"resource" -> in every game
"resource(us_en) -> US only.
"resource(us_fr) -> US only.
"resource(us_sp) -> US only.

I hadn't thought about adding support for other localization yet, but since it's come up i suppose i'll work on it for the next version.
You'll just have to wait. Sorry.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find Pikachu's Quick Attack (Up-Special) in the code anywhere, and MasterCore and the other sites aren't helping... Does anyone know how to edit that?

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to use the dtls.py for the 1.1.4 update but I get the error "line 33 def get_file((start,size))". Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by HeartBound,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4