ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Sun_Spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help please. I've managed to make my own update for 1.1.3. CIA and all! But trying to install it causes a little predicament. When I decompile it I get all the files as normal. Rebuilding it to a 3ds doesn't cause a problem either. When trying to get the files for the CIA it thinks it's actually Sm4sh and not a update. So when trying to install it. It thinks that I'm trying to install the actual Game and not a update files, because it's named CTR-P-AXCE. It's not detecting it as CTR-M-AXCE-00. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Last edited by Sun_Spirit,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a video floating around of luigi pseudo "wavedashing" that was making rounds on social media, and i'm fairly certain it was using this set of tools. There have been a few others posting videos here as well, including a short video by me demonstrating the first change that worked in game. (this was before i released to the public of course). They're somewhere in this thread, dunno which specific page though, sorry

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The new version will prevent this from happening anyways, but for now what were you trying to extract? And what region? I've only tested the extractor with US copies of the game, and 3ds game updates are broken right now (though it is fixed already, just not released yet)

I'm using a european version. I wasn't trying to extract anything, I was just trying to patch my extracted romfs with the changes I made to the game and it definitely wasn't a typing error or something like that because the patching even fails if I just try to change one integer or float without modifying anything else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone actually done anything with this? I'd like to see some videos.

Here you go. This guy has already done quite a few things with this program.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a video floating around of luigi pseudo "wavedashing" that was making rounds on social media, and i'm fairly certain it was using this set of tools. There have been a few others posting videos here as well, including a short video by me demonstrating the first change that worked in game. (this was before i released to the public of course). They're somewhere in this thread, dunno which specific page though, sorry

Fairly certain that was Trinitro - originally this was just the idea I had for wavedashing amplified in a way that threw you downward at an incredible speed, but I think later for Melee Sheik (not sure if that was him) that was fixed to use the stop momentum thing i also suggested but never tested

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a european version. I wasn't trying to extract anything, I was just trying to patch my extracted romfs with the changes I made to the game and it definitely wasn't a typing error or something like that because the patching even fails if I just try to change one integer or float without modifying anything else.

I see. The reason it was crashing is because it's currently trying to patch (in this order):
"resource" -> in every game
"resource(us_en) -> US only.
"resource(us_fr) -> US only.
"resource(us_sp) -> US only.

I hadn't thought about adding support for other localization yet, but since it's come up i suppose i'll work on it for the next version.

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see. The reason it was crashing is because it's currently trying to patch (in this order):
"resource" -> in every game
"resource(us_en) -> US only.
"resource(us_fr) -> US only.
"resource(us_sp) -> US only.

I hadn't thought about adding support for other localization yet, but since it's come up i suppose i'll work on it for the next version.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to that!

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things are definitely happening over here with SM4SHCommand :) Got an actual custom drawn control going (which means super fast syntax highlighting, not laggy like before), and params are being implemented as well! I'm also doing autoIndention and stuff for loops and control statements like if/else. This is single file mode so it only has one tab saying "script" but in full fighter mode it has a tab for each commandList (main, gfx, sfx, expression)

Ud9QMIM.png

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prep the infinite mass hype, yo. Param editing is basically the final thing we truly 'need' to get shit started (other than, of course, animations, something you can't really supply at all for 3ds atm)

ausgremlinboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem. When I try to run dtls.exe -r dt ls edits I get hte error:

My directory stuff\hans_scripts\romfs>dtls.exe -r dt ls edits
Patching resource
Patch found: edits/animcmd/fighter/sheik/game.bin
The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Unhandled Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at DTLS.Program.PatchArchive(String resourceString, String patchFolder)
at DTLS.Program.Main(String[] args)

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Same size files are patched normally and larger files are skipped.
Thanks.

I still have no idea on what I'm doing wrong... after it patches resource(en_us) it crashes with a pop-up that says DTLS.exe has crashed.

@Sammi Husky I know you asked for the resource(en_us) and the resource file. Sorry I didn't give you it, I was busy. However, here it is.
(I don't have a resource file...)

Attachments

• resource(us_en).zip
    497 KB · Views: 193

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem. When I try to run dtls.exe -r dt ls edits I get hte error:

My directory stuff\hans_scripts\romfs>dtls.exe -r dt ls edits
Patching resource
Patch found: edits/animcmd/fighter/sheik/game.bin
The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Unhandled Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at DTLS.Program.PatchArchive(String resourceString, String patchFolder)
at DTLS.Program.Main(String[] args)

I see you are probably using an australian version of the game. There is currently a bug that prevents patching non american version, but it is confirmed to be fixed in the next update.

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Things are definitely happening over here with SM4SHCommand :) Got an actual custom drawn control going (which means super fast syntax highlighting, not laggy like before), and params are being implemented as well! I'm also doing autoIndention and stuff for loops and control statements like if/else. This is single file mode so it only has one tab saying "script" but in full fighter mode it has a tab for each commandList (main, gfx, sfx, expression)

Ud9QMIM.png

This looks really awesome! What else will be in the update and when do you think it will be out?

Godkarmachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question for the ages: Where does DTLSExtractor get the filenames? LS seems to be too small to hold the filenames (considering that the "resource" file outputted by DTLSExt is 500KB, and the decompressed file is a MB), and the compressed file is compressed using SM4SH's ZLIB compression (though, the header of the file is "RF", but searching for that in DT doesn't provide any results).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.