ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you try saving it as a different file? What version of the tool do you have? If all else fails, i would try just redownloading the nightly as you may have an earlier version
I tried again after fixing (Speed=1.14) on the latest nightly, download a few hours ago, but still nothing :(

EDIT: It was a combination of using the latest nightly, fixing the commands used, AND saving to a new location, but I finally think it's worked! Thank you so much!

Last edited by Yudowat,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And also one more tiny little thing

Is there a limit on decimal places in a Set_Frame_Duration command? If I used 1.314159265359 would it round up or down to something?

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also one more tiny little thing

Is there a limit on decimal places in a Set_Frame_Duration command? If I used 1.314159265359 would it round up or down to something?

It's limited to a precision of 7 digits total iirc. We wouldn't be able to go higher than that anyway, since it's the highest we can fit in a 32 bit integer.

EDIT: To clarify, the limit is a total of 7 digits after the decimal point

Last edited by Sammi Husky,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's limited to a precision of 7 digits total iirc. We wouldn't be able to go higher than that anyway, since it's the highest we can fit in a 32 bit integer.

EDIT: To clarify, the limit is a total of 7 digits after the decimal point
That's actually really interesting! I'm glad I asked, Thank you!

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I tried following the convo you had together to find a way to fix my problem. As of saturday, pasting scripts from dantarion's Mastercore(which uses dots, not coma) yeilded the same Saving problem. Pressing x and double clicking on AttackairF to see the results would show à large part of the code erased. Should I wait for another version to come out or did I do something wrong?
I'll download the versions on the first page again when I get home and see if something changed.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I tried following the convo you had together to find a way to fix my problem. As of saturday, pasting scripts from dantarion's Mastercore(which uses dots, not coma) yeilded the same Saving problem. Pressing x and double clicking on AttackairF to see the results would show à large part of the code erased. Should I wait for another version to come out or did I do something wrong?
I'll download the versions on the first page again when I get home and see if something changed.
Well as you probably already know, this is how I fixed it.
  1. Make sure there are no errors in the code (And it's all in a format Sm4shcommand understands)
  2. Use the latest nightly
  3. Paste code in, close move with the circular X and check if it's still there by opening the move again.
  4. File>Save As... make a new folder somewhere and save into it.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dant's mastercore scripts use slightly different names for commands and syntax, so if you just paste it into my app it wont understand thwm and just removes them

D

Deleted User

Is there a good place to start learning what any of this code means? I'm somewhat proficient in Java but I see "Unknown=0x0" in nearly every file and I'm baffled as to what does what right now, even after parsing.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good place to start learning what any of this code means? I'm somewhat proficient in Java but I see "Unknown=0x0" in nearly every file and I'm baffled as to what does what right now, even after parsing.

They're labeled as unknown because nobody knows what they do yet. I update the labels on release as often as i can, but for now this is pretty much the latest. Only way to figure out what they do is to change them and see what it does. And sometimes it's really hard to tell :/

D

Deleted User

They're labeled as unknown because nobody knows what they do yet. I update the labels on release as often as i can, but for now this is pretty much the latest. Only way to figure out what they do is to change them and see what it does. And sometimes it's really hard to tell :/

Interesting. So "Unknown=0x0" or any variant of it appears as a parameter of a method whose purpose is not known yet? Is this a result of packaging the code? I would otherwise think methods and variables in the code would have names that indicate their purpose. But I'm a rookie to Smash modding so what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to add a 'game' tab to a move that doesn't have one already? Or would I need to work with the game.bin to add it in manually?

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know what the purpose of Captain Falcon having 3 grounded side special files is? There's SpeicalSStart, SpecialSStart_C2, and SpecialSStart_C3. The first and second files contain the same exact code. Same goes for files under it, labeled E437BA8D and B5EDC961. Should I just edit them both and make the same changes to each file?

Last question for now. How are the angles of the hits calculated. For example, marth's fair has "Angle=0x169" while when I check KuroganeHammer, Marth's fair hits at an angle of 361 degrees. What's the correlation?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright. How do I identify which is which

Open the animcmd files for the fighter you want to edit. then do just as he said. Choose View > Parse Animations, and choose the Motion folder of the corresponding fighter you want to edit. If you want an easier explanation here's Sammi's video tutorial:

Last edited by ,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright. How do I identify which is which
Then you kinda just figure it out. AttackAirF is forward air. AttackS3 is side tilt. AttackHi4 is upsmash. you just get the hang of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know what the purpose of Captain Falcon having 3 grounded side special files is? There's SpeicalSStart, SpecialSStart_C2, and SpecialSStart_C3. The first and second files contain the same exact code. Same goes for files under it, labeled E437BA8D and B5EDC961. Should I just edit them both and make the same changes to each file?

Last question for now. How are the angles of the hits calculated. For example, marth's fair has "Angle=0x169" while when I check KuroganeHammer, Marth's fair hits at an angle of 361 degrees. What's the correlation?
Im not sure about the side special question, but kurogane uses decimal to show data, while animcmd uses hexadecimal. use this converter to calculate and convert between them. For example, marth's fair in animcmd is 169, so open that converter and put 169 into the hexadecimal field, and like magic, in the decimal field you'll see 361. Angles are simple though, in decimal: right is 0(or 360, but i'd stick with 0), up is 90, left is 180, down is 270. 361 is the sakurai angle. Hope I helped!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Im not sure about the side special question, but kurogane uses decimal to show data, while animcmd uses hexadecimal. use this converter to calculate and convert between them. For example, marth's fair in animcmd is 169, so open that converter and put 169 into the hexadecimal field, and like magic, in the decimal field you'll see 361. Angles are simple though, in decimal: right is 0(or 360, but i'd stick with 0), up is 90, left is 180, down is 270. 361 is the sakurai angle. Hope I helped!

Helps a bunch, thank you! Unsure of what that "0x" part of it is but it's not something I'm going to fret over.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I tried editing the files and after putting them on my SD card and running SDCaffiene+Kernel on the Wii U, and the screen froze when loading the battle. Any clue why this might be? I only edited falcon's side special files and that was it. Sorry for the newbie requests but I really appreciate everyone's help.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Sammi, not tryin' to bug or anything(since you're busy already with MSC, which is awesome btw!) but when you get a chance, could you make a PACManager-esque tool for the 3DS motion.bch files? I really need to be able to edit animations. I understand if you're busy atm, so whenever is fine!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!