[Release] Sharkive, a simple Gateshark code manager compatible with Luma

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EventAssistant, Jan 14, 2018.

1. EventAssistant
    OP

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    I've been working on a new project recently, called Sharkive: it's a Gateshark code manager that will be compatible with one of the features that are waiting for being approved in Luma3DS.

It has a simple interface and automatically scans your titles and the database on Github to check if there are codes compatible with your games, and downloads them in the right place in your sd card if you want them.

[​IMG]

I need help!

I didn't write the code by myself but found them on the internet, so lots of them are not working. I need you to test which ones are not working/have a wrong syntax (this can be easily checked from Luma, the codes will turn red when selected if invalid) and report them back as an issue in the github repo.

I also need you to submit new codes, so the db can grow!

Notice: you need the most recent Luma built from the last commit into duckbill007's repository. That's the only place where this new Luma feature can be found until (and if) it gets merged to the master branch.

Currently, there are no official releases of Sharkive on github, but there are compiled builds in PKSM's server: https://discord.gg/bGKEyfY . Check the pinned messages into #sharkive-general to know how to help us!

2. hectortillo

hectortillo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    Mexico
    Mexico (Uriangato, Guanajuato)
    I will try it on the afternoon. It seems a very good project. Also many thanks

CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  3. HollowedFear

HollowedFear GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    Hey @EventAssistant pretty nice project you got going on here, will be very helpful once things start taking off a little bit more :D if you need an extra DB that you can pull from (either in the app or to just pull codes into your repository) you can take a look at the link in my signature. Like you I didn't write the codes that are in my repo, so some may be hit or miss but for the most part it's running the last fort42 dump (before the site exploded and stopped working) ontop of new codes being added every so often (right now almost daily).

Chetti likes this.
  4. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    I used that database as reference, too (it should be also reported in the credits, but if it's not, my fault! I'll add it asap in case).

I would consider redirecting all the work in a single repo since right now the codes in Sharkive are being tested and reported back if working or not, so adding new codes into the Sharkive database directly would be really helpful.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Keep also in mind that most of your codes are AR codes and not Gateshark: I only support the second ones!

5. CrispyCola

CrispyCola its like coca cola but crispier (and better)

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Bottomless pit
    What exactly will this do? I bet many people will be asking this, but does it let you use GW cheats without actually owning a gateway?

6. HollowedFear

HollowedFear GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    Ah yes, I see it now in the readme, just waking up so not really noticing a whole lot real quick xD and alright gotcha, tbh I'm not sure which codes in my repo are AR vs Gateshark anymore but I'm sure like 99% of my repo is still currently gateshark at the moment :x but hey maybe AR support could be something you add in the future ;P?

7. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    It's more for managing the codes, because the feature that effectively executes the codes is outside Sharkive. Anyways, yes, the final result is executing them without owning a gw

8. umbjolt

umbjolt Wild jolteon

Sep 15, 2016
    Magnolia, Fiore
    Pretty nice homebrew (**insert thumbs up emoji since forum doesn't like it**)

9. CrispyCola

CrispyCola its like coca cola but crispier (and better)

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Bottomless pit
    OK i'm definitely downloading this, once the code is polished up. Cool project.

10. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    anyone have the last commit compiled? plz

11. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    check in the discord if you really want

12. MegaSuperab2

MegaSuperab2 Gamer with a knack for modding

May 8, 2016
    United States
    I have a complaint

THIS IS TOO GOOD

13. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Hm, this is neat. I really like the idea.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  14. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    It gives me a cheat.txt.How do you apply the codes with game patching on Or is this not finished yet?

Last edited by Ominous66521, Feb 18, 2018
  15. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    This is no a finished product. In fact, it might not ever even be completed due to Github dropping support for the 3DS (it is no exactly as I described, but the end result is nevertheless the same).

16. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    @EventAssistant When do you think that this will be finished/completed/released? just wondering because I didn't know if you were still working on it with the whole Github TLSv1.1 thing. Not trying to rush you by any means. Love your work!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Plus, with the new FBI update, you can download a Sharkhive cia.

17. HollowedFear

HollowedFear GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    Latest update on sharkive development, it's pretty much dropped as of right now.

18. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I have a large database of cheatcodes if you're interested https://github.com/ItsDeidara/MegaNTR/tree/master/Cheats

19. HollowedFear

HollowedFear GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    Sasori likes this.
  20. Crazy_Seb

Crazy_Seb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Canada
    Is there a way it works with a dsi game? Thank you for this plugin