Not open for further replies.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Already have that + NTR :P but experimenting with my N3ds is fun:rofl2:

I know that feeling, I love that too :)
I've an A9LH setup with CtrBootManager who can boot to UnCart, EmuNAND9, Decrypt9, AuReiNand, ReiNand and CakesFW (main CFW), can't wait for RxTools to have them all :)

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys! Quick question.

I happened to be helping a friend softmod his New 3DS XL & the SysUpdater for the first time ever failed midway through and gave out the Error screen which asked to turn off the power. It seems to have successfully changed/downgraded Sysnand's firmware back to 9.2 with said 'label' on display in System Settings...but here's the issue! RxTools gives me a red screen error on start up (like on higher firmwares) & Emunand9 doesn't run, it just boots you out back to homebrew menu/CTR Boot menu.

Guessing I got what they call a 'Frankenstein' firmware...how do I go about installing the same firmware/overlapping so I can properly fix its issues? What would be the best app? (With link to said app if possible)

I know the firmware files are legit, it's not the first New 3DS I downgrade.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Without the tools part, we have all time to work at new patches.. Once everything will be working, we'll start to work on a special, awesome feature ;)
Remember how you guys were supposedly working on a secret feature for 3.0? Now that plans for rxTools has changed, did that change as well?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there guys! Quick question.

I happened to be helping a friend softmod his New 3DS XL & the SysUpdater for the first time ever failed midway through and gave out the Error screen which asked to turn off the power. It seems to have successfully changed/downgraded Sysnand's firmware back to 9.2 with said 'label' on display in System Settings...but here's the issue! RxTools gives me a red screen error on start up (like on higher firmwares) & Emunand9 doesn't run, it just boots you out back to homebrew menu/CTR Boot menu.

Guessing I got what they call a 'Frankenstein' firmware...how do I go about installing the same firmware/overlapping so I can properly fix its issues? What would be the best app? (With link to said app if possible)

Look at some of the various frankenfirmware threads, I believe there's even one in the tutorials section to help fix the issue.

blazevx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed the latest nightly and it looks very different.

I know it's not as important but I miss the extra features that rxtools had before, will they return or are they out for good?

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I know it's not as important but I miss the extra features that rxtools had before, will they return or are they out for good?
They're gone, RxTools will focus on the CFW only, since Decrypt9 can do (better) pretty much everything RxTools does.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remember how you guys were supposedly working on a secret feature for 3.0? Now that plans for rxTools has changed, did that change as well?
That secret feature probably was >9.5 emunand support, but reinand and cakes beat them to it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This was like discussed a million times already. It's done, it's over. Decrypt9 can do everything rxtools did better and easier.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be the best app? (With link to said app if possible)

If decrypt9/emunand9 doesn't work, the native_firm wasn't downgraded. Launch PASTA MODE and use sysupdater to install the full 9.2 pack again. You probably need to press the button for downgrading.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks it nedd to be configured first ?
data installation suite has to be done first. If you already have a version of rxTools installed, use the .py to get the /firm folder with the .bin files, then check it against the files you already have on your card. If they match, just keep the /firm and /data folder that you have and delete the other stuff and replace with the arm9loaderhax branch.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used TinyFormat to format my EmuNAND, and now all of my games are gone on EmuNAND, which is fine. But if I wanted to actually delete them from my SD Card, where would they be saved at on the SD Card? They're not showing up in BigBlueMenu for me to uninstall, and I need to free up space on my SD card, because it's storage is full.

Update: I'm actually following the OTP Guide found here https://github.com/Plailect/OTP/blob/master/Old_3DS_Spider.md and got to step 16 before I noticed that I'm not going to have enough space on my SD card to copy my EmuNAND/SysNAND backups to my SD card. I'm sure the CIA files I installed are located in SD:/Nintendo 3DS folder but since I've done all the previous steps, I now have 5 folders located there and don't know what is okay to delete.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by MSearles,

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If decrypt9/emunand9 doesn't work, the native_firm wasn't downgraded. Launch PASTA MODE and use sysupdater to install the full 9.2 pack again. You probably need to press the button for downgrading.

How do you launch Pasta Mode when you can't access RxTools nor PastaCFW? I can always keep trying my look with SysUpdater by itself...but the boot rate on this is so low. lol!

EDIT: Nvm, Just as I made this post I was able to successfully fully boot SysUpdater and this time it didn't error out on me while installing the CIA update files.

Thanks for all the help! :)

Last edited by Kaneco,

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
I used TinyFormat to format my EmuNAND, and now all of my games are gone on EmuNAND, which is fine. But if I wanted to actually delete them from my SD Card, where would they be saved at on the SD Card? They're not showing up in BigBlueMenu for me to uninstall, and I need to free up space on my SD card, because it's storage is full.

Update: I'm actually following the OTP Guide found here https://github.com/Plailect/OTP/blob/master/Old_3DS_Spider.md and got to step 16 before I noticed that I'm not going to have enough space on my SD card to copy my EmuNAND/SysNAND backups to my SD card. I'm sure the CIA files I installed are located in SD:/Nintendo 3DS folder but since I've done all the previous steps, I now have 5 folders located there and don't know what is okay to delete.

You followed the steps, then look at Step 12 of Section I: Copy all files from your SD card into Old_3DS_Spider_[U/E/J]/Section_I/Backup/SD_Backup on your computer.

That's your reference for what was in the Nintendo folder before you started, you should have had 2 folders if you unlinked your NNID.

Also you shouldn't be asking for help on this in here, there is this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/otp-guide.415140/

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MushGuy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users