Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, Roxas, i know that it will most likely not happen, but if you make a whitelist, could you add Cubic NINJA to it ?
I know you don't want to enable piracy and I totally respect that, but this game is really hard to come by, and since there are still some homebrew only available through Cubic Ninja, i was just hoping you could :)

Anyway, thanks again for all the work you did to the 3DS scene.

I think it will be more likely that someone ports the homebrew channel to cia.

rfg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Roxas75, with all the recent work that was done since your last release, do you know if any of your devtesters reported that rxTools is working on the new 3DS?

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They are two completely different things, I don't get how you can compare them in one sentence.
Also Ninjhax was first.

You'r right but when the homebrew support for rxTools is there, it renders Ninjhax (for Homebrew, and O3DS) useless (as long as Karl3DS isn't released), because it has much more features and don't needs the Cubic Ninja Cardridge

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You'r right but when the homebrew support for rxTools is there, it renders Ninjhax (for Homebrew) useless (as long as Karl3DS isn't released), because it has much more features and don't needs the Cubic Ninja Cardridge

Pretty much Cubic Ninja > Everything on N3DS, because other than CN and OOT nothing will work on N3DS for a while.

Reactions: MrJason005

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pretty much Cubic Ninja > Everything on N3DS, because other than CN and OOT nothing will work on N3DS for a while.

Yeah, we will see what will happen in the future. The best is to get rid of the gamecard based exploits and make a complete free possibilities to run homebrew on the 3ds for everyone. Like this project.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely will never happen on N3DS.

I wouldn't completely discount the idea. New exploits can really be found at the drop of a hat. It might take a while (historically that's now been proven true for the 3ds), but I wouldn't go so far as to think never...

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It already has happend, you only need Ninjahax once to downgrade the mset. And then you just use the profile exploit to launch the cfw.

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You'r right but when the homebrew support for rxTools is there, it renders Ninjhax (for Homebrew, and O3DS) useless (as long as Karl3DS isn't released), because it has much more features and don't needs the Cubic Ninja Cardridge

Now I do not know the actual capabilities of smealum, but I worked with ninjahax in the wrong direction, if roxas75 is succeeding now with presumably the same knowledge of smealum the hardware and software configuration of the 3DS, has to make this kind of hack software, not c 'was in my opinion needs to do what he did with ninja cube, smealum, was enough to make a tool similar to roxas75 and encrypt it; Now you can one argue that the homebrew channel smealum works on all firmware up to 9.2 (or maybe 9.3) and N3DS, but what about 3ds/2ds get to have the knowledge of the exploit browres, with research and tests.
And how hard I try I can not understand this hacker ethic, I'm not talking about the support piracy, which frankly I do not care as such, but I'd like to modding mario kart and other securities without having to buy gateway, I speak not of shares information and sources, do not try to talk then that would kill the console because both the wii ds that are survived years with piracy in one case at no cost and the other with little money you bought the card.

Original version:
Ora non conosco le capacità effetive di smealum, ma secondo me ha lavorato con ninjahax nella direzione sbagliata, se roxas75 sta riuscendo ora con presumibilmente le stesse conoscenze di smealum della configurazione hardware e software del 3ds, ha effettuare questo tipo di mod software, non c'era a mio avviso bisogno di fare quello che ha fatto con ninja cube, smealum, bastava fare un tool simile a quello di roxas75 e criptarlo; Ora si uno può ribattere che l'homebrew canale di smealum lavora su tutti i firmware sino al 9.2(o forse 9.3) e su n3ds, ma per quanto riguarda 3ds/2ds saremmo arrivati ad avere la conoscenza dell'exploit browres, con la ricerca e i test.
E per quanto io mi possa sforzare non riesco a capire questa etica hacker, non sto parlando del supporto alla pirateria, che sinceramente non mi interessa in quanto tale, ma mi piacerebbe poter moddare mario kart e altri titoli senza dover acquistare gateway, parlo della non condivisioni di informazione e sorgenti, non venitemi poi a parlare che ucciderebbe la console perchè sia il ds che la wii sono sopravvissute anni con la pirateria in un caso a costo zero e nell'altro con pochi soldi ci si compravano le card.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp