Status
Not open for further replies.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah a simple toggle option in rxtools would be cool
But there is a problem : there's not wireless activation trigger on 2ds!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didn't we have a separate 9.x mset app for the n3ds just for this same issue? I think @Apache Thunder shared it ... somewhere. :P
Be nice to see something similar for the old3ds/2ds.
Oh I didn't know that but it's more difficultés for 2ds because there's not Wireless trigger :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But there is a problem : there's not wireless activation trigger on 2ds!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh I didn't know that but it's more difficultés for 2ds because there's not Wireless trigger :(
you can toggle wireless from the homescreen before entering system settings, and getting the updated MSET back is as simple as using 3DNUS to download the specific title http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#00040010_-_System_Applications (using the min of 6.x would probably be fine, but you can just get whichever version you like)
US - 0004001000021000 v5128
EU - 0004001000022000 v5127
JPN - 0004001000020000 v5127

those would all update MSET to a 2DS compatible version if needed

Reactions: Samwix

Pride Puppet

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ForGod sake... Jesus. This is my first post in gbatemp actually but I am a very very old follower in fact I never talk because I don't have anything important nor significant to share with the community.

But... hell @Chelsea_Fantasy your latest posts really angry me, you talk like if you where a great developer or if you was a developer at all, but let me tell you something there's nothing like a perfect system or software and there never is enough debugging or perfect debbuging. What's more @Roxas75 software is really reaaaaaally super polished on many many ways... don't believe me? Well it's easy to see that much just tell me 10 cases of brick caused by rxtools and I will give you the reason.

He even bricked his own 3ds doing things for the community by his own interest he could have surrendered to keeping all his code for himself and more now that his project was violated but you know what? He didn't, he just gave us an ever better software making region free a reality and adding some interesting things that no one even though possible. So who the hell cares if it is not polished to the point that it shows your reflection? Gateway is pretty imperfect and people uses it and wait for their fixes hell even windows, Linux, Mac is and more are unpolished and they have a hell ton of super brilliant mind programmers backing the development. Not even the code of programming geniuses like John Carmack is perfect.

I personally take my hat off for the coding skills of @Roxas75 because with so little age he have achieved what people with more experience and work hours have never done and will never do in fact because not everyone can do reverse engineering to not one but two closed systems (gateway code and 3ds firmware) and please stop bitching saying Cuba this and Cuba that is pretty clear that you aren't the most fucked Cuban and that is easy to note because you have more than one 3ds a gateway and can afford internet connection in cyber cafes that to my knowledge aren't open to all Cubans and I know some things from living in a piece of shit country I am from Venezuela and I really can't use dollars even if I work my ass off all the days.

Oh and by the way I know what I am talking about software developing because one I am a system engineer and two I am a developer who program every single day of his life be for fun or for work, do the community a favor and remain silent if you don't have good things to say and don't bitch the developers that work free to make people happy, the commentaries that you marked usually are the class of things that made people stop developing and your logic is shit saying bad things to motivate someone is as stupid as saying a depressive man to shot himself.

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Well. I love this shit. Trying to follow the scene. I don't know what the hell I'm doing but I have my O3DS & O3DS XL both at 4.5. Gateways in both but it feels like gateway is going bye-bye SOON..
The thing is, I don't play. Almost nothing at all. I just feel pleasure in getting the machine to do something that it is not supposed to be doing. So thanks to @Roxas75 for everything you have done for the scene!

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@Roxas75

The bottom screen remaining white while using rxTools is an eyesore. I posted a pull request to the github with the exact change to main.c needed for that to no longer be an issue.

Figured it would be easier then a vague suggestion on GBATemp. :P

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/27

It looks a lot better not having to stare at an all white bottom screen. I'm guessing that's a side effect of the spider payload. Either way, that pull request will fix it if Roxas75 decides to add it.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
@Roxas75

The bottom screen remaining white while using rxTools is an eyesore. I posted a pull request to the github with the exact change to main.c needed for that to no longer be an issue.

Figured it would be easier then a vague suggestion on GBATemp. :P

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/27

It looks a lot better not having to stare at an all white bottom screen. I'm guessing that's a side effect of the spider payload. Either way, that pull request will fix it if Roxas75 decides to add it.

I thought that was already implemented, in the latest 2.5 build? If I recall correctly, there's two builds of "2.5" - the latest version of it, has a black, bottom screen.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are amazing roxas, thanks for everything you've done so far. I'm still amazed by how you reacted to rxtools being cracked open and being modified, I would have tought that you (and anyone) normal reaction, would be to stop development, or at least stop releasing stuff, stuff you do for free, investing your valued time. You are a great guy really and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is greatful and happy for what you have done. Heck! You even made the project open source! With this, people with the required skills can contribute and do what, personally, I think is what makes an scene amazing: People collaboratively working achieve/make something. The vita and 3ds were more or less the same not so long ago: full of leaks, people just bragging what they had done,etc, and much, much drama. I'm glad too see both scenes are moving forward, the vita is also achieving great things with the "rejuvenate" exploit and SDKs are being made by the community. It's nice too see things going well!.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just for 2DS users it would be nice to allow original Settings App backup/restore ;)

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/28

It's done. Still needs a bit of testing, though.

and please stop bitching saying Cuba this and Cuba that is pretty clear that you aren't the most fucked Cuban and that is easy to note because you have more than one 3ds a gateway and can afford internet connection in cyber cafes that to my knowledge aren't open to all Cubans and I know some things from living in a piece of shit country I am from Venezuela and I really can't use dollars even if I work my ass off all the days.

I can confirm this. Things are getting pretty fucked up in here.

Reactions: zoogie

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
ForGod sake... Jesus. This is my first post in gbatemp actually but I am a very very old follower in fact I never talk because I don't have anything important nor significant to share with the community.

But... hell @Chelsea_Fantasy your latest posts really angry me, you talk like if you where a great developer or if you was a developer at all, but let me tell you something there's nothing like a perfect system or software and there never is enough debugging or perfect debbuging. What's more @Roxas75 software is really reaaaaaally super polished on many many ways... don't believe me? Well it's easy to see that much just tell me 10 cases of brick caused by rxtools and I will give you the reason.

He even bricked his own 3ds doing things for the community by his own interest he could have surrendered to keeping all his code for himself and more now that his project was violated but you know what? He didn't, he just gave us an ever better software making region free a reality and adding some interesting things that no one even though possible. So who the hell cares if it is not polished to the point that it shows your reflection? Gateway is pretty imperfect and people uses it and wait for their fixes hell even windows, Linux, Mac is and more are unpolished and they have a hell ton of super brilliant mind programmers backing the development. Not even the code of programming geniuses like John Carmack is perfect.

I personally take my hat off for the coding skills of @Roxas75 because with so little age he have achieved what people with more experience and work hours have never done and will never do in fact because not everyone can do reverse engineering to not one but two closed systems (gateway code and 3ds firmware) and please stop bitching saying Cuba this and Cuba that is pretty clear that you aren't the most fucked Cuban and that is easy to note because you have more than one 3ds a gateway and can afford internet connection in cyber cafes that to my knowledge aren't open to all Cubans and I know some things from living in a piece of shit country I am from Venezuela and I really can't use dollars even if I work my ass off all the days.

Oh and by the way I know what I am talking about software developing because one I am a system engineer and two I am a developer who program every single day of his life be for fun or for work, do the community a favor and remain silent if you don't have good things to say and don't bitch the developers that work free to make people happy, the commentaries that you marked usually are the class of things that made people stop developing and your logic is shit saying bad things to motivate someone is as stupid as saying a depressive man to shot himself.
Man, how i wish to know you, you seem like a nice person, and, yes, i agree, with total honesty, i was quite surprised when Roxas published something like this for the 3DS, back then, in 2014, almost everyone was: "LOLWUT, fuck CFW, Gateway is the future", and it was that, although i must say that Palantine CFW was quite an achievement, it was more of a exploit of the Gateway Kernel for the most part, and it couldn't achieve something beyond the 4.xx, and it couldn't run games past 7.xx, so, everyone was like: "Viva Gateway, viva gateway" i was tired from that shit, i always say: "Someone will appear with enough abilities to put Gateway to shame", and Rxtools came, for me, it was the first real step that the 3DS needed for homebrew, with the appearance of rxtools, Pasta CFW and CakesCFW were created, maybe not based on that, but for the most part.

I don't know why is the thing for hackers to acclaim the "supreme hacker title" and tell everyone that he is the hot shit or something, programming is indeed a beautiful thing, it's like an art, it's unique but at the same time is challenging, you have an incredible amount of freedom to do whatever you want, to unlock anything you feel like it, and you know why, it's really fun, and the feeling of reward when you do something right it's unforgettable, in all my life, i only programed one game, and it was just a test for school, but i couldn't forget that moment, everything about that simple thing i created (Though, i needed a program) was splendid, from onwards on, i became interested on programming and hacking, i'm still learning, i didn't make any kind of progress, the best thing i could do was hacking a Wii back in 2010, and it was for fun, next thing was for my PSP, and by things of life, i almost got my PSP bricked, but i had an strategy to not let that happen, and now i'm here, maybe it will take some time, but i hope to sucess and create something even more mindblowingly awesome than rxtools, and yes, i know that something like that is really hard and complicate to achieve, but for the sake of the homebrew community and for myself, I'll try to do the best things i can, without taking other person credits, of course.

Reactions: VinsCool

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I thought that was already implemented, in the latest 2.5 build? If I recall correctly, there's two builds of "2.5" - the latest version of it, has a black, bottom screen.

You must be mistaken. I compiled latest source. Bottom screen is white. Every past build of rxTools I've used had the bottom screen remain white.

Even with the code I added it sometimes remains white anyway. I needed to add the code to a few more locations to make it happen more often. I've commented about this on GitHub. If they decide it's important enough to look at I'm sure they'll make a more efficient change that would more reliably get rid of the white screen on the bottom screen.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
You must be mistaken. I compiled latest source. Bottom screen is white. Every past build of rxTools I've used had the bottom screen remain white.

Even with the code I added it sometimes remains white anyway. I needed to add the code to a few more locations to make it happen more often. I've commented about this on GitHub. If they decide it's important enough to look at I'm sure they'll make a more efficient change that would more reliably get rid of the white screen on the bottom screen.

I see. That's odd. The pre-built version that I have, has a black lower screen... :/

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
My USA console is on 9.2. Bottom screen transitions to white during the initial Spider payload that cleans up the bottom screen static during the exploit. Screen remains white after that. It could be FW specific even. Very odd you have it remain black while mine remains white.

I know of another user on USA fw that has his bottom screen remain white I believe.

Which version of MinGW are you using under Windows? I can get the payload to compile, but not the PC tools.

You may not have MinGW in your path. Make sure your path looks like this:

C:\MinGW\bin;c:\devkitPro\msys\bin;C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\;C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\arm-none-eabi\bin\;C:\Python27\;

(you find this in System Settings - > Advanced System Settings - > Environment Veriables. It's the system PATH you need to change. Not the user path. ;) )

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hmm another Europe FW. The spider payload must behave differently for you then. When you first boot into rxTools from the URL. What happens when the bottom screen does the screen wipe transition after the bottom screen does the usual glitch pixels?

For me it transitions white over the bottom screen. It simply remains white after that for normal rxTools.

I'm on USA 9.2, and it's always been white for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This whole chat room is fake! Everyone is a bot but you. Ha ha, big reveal. Tempbot will now restart chat.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken was not raped by an escaped rabid elephant!!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fake news
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum was the one that raped me
    Ken is it true that if someone has kidney stones the jizz is crunchy?
    I bet crunchy peanut butter is made about the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    dont tell me, Lemme guess... With the candle stick, in the dining room, by mrs. Peepcock
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't talk about Mrs. Psionic Peepcock like that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nothing like loading up blue websites to see two middle aged men circle jerking each other
    +1
    Ken you going to lemon party again?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I avoid lemonaids if I can
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    AncientBoi's minding his own business.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is the one in the middle of that old grandpa photo
    +1
    Meatspin is Kens desktop background lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes uremum didn't tell me about her transition and begged me to make it my background
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I couldn't hurt his or hers feelings
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
    TechieSaru has joined the room.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Don't ask him where to get lemonade. ;)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi fondles big red lemons to make lemonaides
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psi fondles big red lemons to make lemonaides