Homebrew [release] QR Web Installer (cia installer)

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, it turns out the link was down :/ and it had nothing to do with this. Also, do you think you would get it working with a HTTPS GET?

I've actually got a dev build working with https:// urls (github redirects everything to https://, its kind of big deal) but the implementation of loading certificate authority certs is really hacky at the moment. I'm having to build most of the functionaility into ctrulib as I go, since things like large streaming downloads and https haven't actually been supported on the 3ds platform so far.

Reactions: Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually got a dev build working with https:// urls (github redirects everything to https://, its kind of big deal) but the implementation of loading certificate authority certs is really hacky at the moment. I'm having to build most of the functionaility into ctrulib as I go, since things like large streaming downloads and https haven't actually been supported on the 3ds platform so far.
Wow! Good work :D Hope you get it stable enough to publish it :)

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Good work :D Hope you get it stable enough to publish it :)

I'm going to try to get a new release up tonight... I'm pretty much down to either having to extend opendir()/readdir() support for RomFS so I can easily load up the list of cerificates, or give in and store them under the SD card as /certs/*.der or something and end users would need to manage their own cert collections until I can write some simple ungzip/untar functions to be able to download and extract a CA archive from the web. I'm not sure which would be easier, but I really don't want to leave things that require a computer to operate. There's no reason a 3DS that can run unsigned code can't manage everything it requires on its own without needing the computer anymore.

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try to get a new release up tonight... I'm pretty much down to either having to extend opendir()/readdir() support for RomFS so I can easily load up the list of cerificates, or give in and store them under the SD card as /certs/*.der or something and end users would need to manage their own cert collections until I can write some simple ungzip/untar functions to be able to download and extract a CA archive from the web. I'm not sure which would be easier, but I really don't want to leave things that require a computer to operate. There's no reason a 3DS that can run unsigned code can't manage everything it requires on its own without needing the computer anymore.
I understanded this :yay:

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, that's pretty cool.

I'd suggest you mention this on the OP. I was under the impression it just downloaded the CIAs.

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's pretty cool.

I'd suggest you mention this on the OP. I was under the impression it just downloaded the CIAs.

That's a pretty good idea... I see lots of people scanning the QR codes with the native browser decoder in my webserver logs and stuff as well, there's definitely some confusion about how it all works at the moment.

This initial release was mostly just to get a few extra people to beta test it all and make sure it worked as expected for more than just myself. I'll actually start pushing for better exposure and try to get people to provide QR links for their .cia files after I've got https and then the camera video feed working.

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP with version 0.7.0, now with working video feedback from the camera and QR detection, as well as big improvements to stability and speed of detecting codes. This is now stable for day to day use, it's just a matter of convincing people to create QR code links to their files.

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP with version 0.7.0, now with working video feedback from the camera and QR detection, as well as big improvements to stability and speed of detecting codes. This is now stable for day to day use, it's just a matter of convincing people to create QR code links to their files.
Awesome!

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I have a Europe 10.6 new3dsxl
Can I install with this a Legid cia?

You would need to install my unsigned .cia to start with, so you'll need pasta or a CFW of some sort to start with so you can run unsigned code.

Supposedly, that new variation of memchunkhax2 that was just released is functional on 10.6.0 still, so your best bet would be to watch for a new software downgrade using it to get you back to v9.2.0 Then you can run a CFW with emuNAND (or A9LH, but that's more experimental).

No matter what, you really need to downgrade to use any of this stuff. I'm not going to implement memchunkhax2 in my app to install "legit" (read as: pirated) CIAs on a high FW console, it's a waste of effort when you can't run unsigned code from there anyway.

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gonna throw that here, it may be useful for other ppl.
This is a (crappy?) implementation of PHP QRCode Generator used to generate easily QRCodes in a row for QRWebLoader, or any future CIA manager that would use QRCodes.
Basically, put the QRWI folder (you can rename it) in your PHP powered webserver, put any CIA file in the CIA folder, open the page through your browser and voila, the corresponding codes are shown !
You can refresh the page clicking the title, open the QRCodes in one click to show only one onscreen if needed. All is done with PHP.
R10plTg.png

It uses HTTP, so better to use it in LAN only, or you can modify it to use HTTPS.

PS: used a local raspberry pi 2 webserver for the capture, don't try to scan those codes or your QRWebLoader will freeze !

Attachments

• QRWI.7z
    37.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by CreativeMan, , Reason: Completion
Reactions: ksanislo

HowDoI?

Trophies
XP
Country
this website (use the search bar) just do everything @mashers says and you will be fine (and skipping to the downgrade you need a hardmod first)

I just like to add the "known" word in this cases. There's no known arm11kernel or arm9 exploits in 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6. What is known though, is a hardmod downgrade is possible. Also, even if it's 10.6 sysnand, a system with previously installed a9lh can patch signatures in 10.6 with a 10.2 firm. This is also a clear indicator that no kernel exploit would be found for regular methods (a9lh aside) or searched anytime soon™.

The download size limit is 4GB (unsigned 32bit length in the API), however with gzip encoding the .cia itself can theoretically be even bigger. Transfer rate is generally limited by the native write speed of the 3DS, since it uses basically the same native API calls as the eShop to both fetch and write the app. It's slightly faster than local installs with FBI. It works from a LAN server, or across the internet in general, it doesn't care too much about where the file is hosted as long as it can be reached with http://

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's no visual feedback since I haven't been able to get the rescale from the camera picture at 640x480 to the top screen's native 400x240 to work correctly so far. Just hold the 3DS still between 6" to 12" from your computer or phone screen while displaying a QR code so it can get a good look. It will click through saying the URL and titleId of the .cia file it points to in a few seconds after it finds the code.

doesnt work on new 3ds
but what if arm9loaderhax blocks it somehow? could we have a payload to run the HBL?

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work so far, I have been watching it for a while now. The biggest issue I'm seeing with it is not really your program itself, half of the cias are compressed. Some even require placing folders/files into the sdcard. There are other programs I have seen on here that supports file extraction so I assume there are some libraries for doing so somewhere. Adding support for extracting zips and rars may make this program spread out more since it would be less of a hassle to uploadeders.can also make a method for copying files from the SD card like it just copies over contents in a folder to the main directory of the SD card during the installation.

Nice job adding visual camera support though. Was sometimes difficult reading the QR codes before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night