ROM Hack [Release] PS1 Forwarder Creator

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I understand o3ds is weak and all, but will any games at least boot? i wanna give it a try, but i don't wanna waste 40 minutes on something that will get stuck on bios screen

Edit: tried converting and installing Digimon digital card battle and it crashed on startup. Won't bother trying any other games since i have a PSP and i don't see the point

Last edited by placebo_yue,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome PS1 forwarder creator is the best thing to use than go to retroarch. I have done 4 games so far today ran full speed actually yesterday i did one didnt went thru bcause i didnt put the bio with the ps1 forwarder creator and the pic to be perfect took me while to straight out came out excellent 4 games so far. Great job and Thank you :)

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sakitoshi I have 1 game Klonoa - Door to Phantomile I played on retroarch fine until I installed ps1 forwarder creation it works playback and introducing video after I sign my name ready to start play I got boot out game. Any clue?? I use scph1001

@Sakitoshi will there be another updates in future?? I hope so :)

Last edited by FanNintendo,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sakitoshi Having issues with saves in Suikoden II. The game will save but when trying to load the save it says corrupted data. Same with imported save data. When I open the memory card file in a program like MemcardRex, I see both saves (the imported and newly created) but the newly created save has a corrupted save icon. Any advice on why it's not saving right?

Reactions: peteruk

Hamiltron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, has anyone gotten the Tony Hawk games to work. Haven't been able to get 1 or 2 to run. 3Xtreme, Quake II, WWF Warzone have given me trouble too. Mostly black screens. Die Hard Trilogy I've gotten to run, but it wasn't in a state one would enjoy playing.

Otherwise, games like Crash Bandicoot 2, Jet Moto, and Twisted Metal run like a dream!
If anyone has fixes to the black screen-freezing issue, please lemme know. I'd love to take my THPS on the go!

Also, an option to use a more traditional Virtual Console banner (ialong the lines of: Dr. Mario Released: 19XX) would be great. Or maybe just to upload a square image to upload the CD case cover so it doesn't get all stretched out.

Last edited by Hamiltron,
Reactions: FanNintendo

Hamiltron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey does anyone know if different BIOs for the PS1 forwarder will run some games and not others, or better than other cores, or does it not really make a difference?

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey does anyone know if different BIOs for the PS1 forwarder will run some games and not others, or better than other cores, or does it not really make a difference?
I have been using SCPH1001.bin for USA games only I was wondering same thing if need to use 7501 or 5501 for better compilability

Hamiltron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind, noob didn’t read the thread. Just figured out it’s a problem with retroarch not the forwarder

So it's just retroarch side? Until they fix it it won't work there either? Or does it work in retroarch? (I'm not a fan of retroarch, so I haven't checked it out there)

krystabegnalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for this wonderful program. Already tested 4 games on the 3ds, and here's the result

Castlevania SoTN (NTSC version) - fully playable, but not yet reached the save point, just walking around the castle to check if there are glitches or random crashes

Suikoden (NTSC version) - works perfectly, but played only around 30 mins, will check again in kore hours of playthrough

Final Fantasy VII (NTSC version) - blurry menu, but overall works fine

Final Fantasy VIII (NTSC version) - works if the eboot is lower than 2GB and based on the settings from previous comment, battle screen not loading, memory card not loading (not sure if I need to select the secondary memory card option)

DragoniteChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's just retroarch side? Until they fix it it won't work there either? Or does it work in retroarch? (I'm not a fan of retroarch, so I haven't checked it out there)

It didn’t work in Retroarch for me, just booted me back to the Retroarch menu. And I agree, it’s a royal pain to use so this forwarder is a godsend.

On a side note, I was considering getting Vib-Ribbon, but one of the main uses of that game is the disk switching thing to play your own songs. Is that even possible with the Eboot/this forwarder?

Hamiltron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn’t work in Retroarch for me, just booted me back to the Retroarch menu. And I agree, it’s a royal pain to use so this forwarder is a godsend.

On a side note, I was considering getting Vib-Ribbon, but one of the main uses of that game is the disk switching thing to play your own songs. Is that even possible with the Eboot/this forwarder?

Managed to get THPS, THPS2, and WWF Warzone to work, using the settings in this spreadsheet for THPS2 (on the 'Old Compatibility List' tab)

Been trying to get Wheel of Fortune to run as well, though while I've gotten it to run using the THPS2 settings, I wouldn't call it playable. The audio staggers around a bit. I'm sure someone could get it to work. Just really annoying that I've gotten a bunch of others games to work properly, but not Wheel of Fortune of all things.

Reactions: Zense

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With multi-disc eboot creator you can i believe

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill