[RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cpasjuste, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MDX_Golden

MDX_Golden GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Is there possibility of multi-player via the PSTV? That would be pretty sick for multi-player arcade games like Megaman 2: the Power Fighters or Street Fighter 2.

2. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    It says it supports midway, but looks like it doesn't yet.

3. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Yes, multiple controller support will be added in the future !

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Unfortunately midmay is not supported yet and not sure it will. I uploaded the supported gamelist here : http://files.mydedibox.fr/files/Dev/psp2/pfba/gamelist.txt (all games may not work on this list, but should).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Arg that's bad. I guess your right stick is dead but still sending keys ? Left and right sticks are configured the same, so you can play in portrait mode. If needed i'll add an option to disable right stick in the configuration, would it help ?

4. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, it really would. Thanks, I appreciate that!

5. FX3200

FX3200 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2016
    Czech Republic
    its posible to make it work Undercover Cops? and WWF: Wrestlemania :)

6. cpasjuste
    OP

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Taking a closer look right now. Do they work on RA ?
    Else does someone have a few consoles games to test (megadrive, pc engine) ? I'm unable to find correct console zip without missing rom(s)..

Steve_C78 likes this.
  7. FX3200

FX3200 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2016
    Czech Republic
    on retroarch work but slow

8. cpasjuste
    OP

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Hi, i just upload a new version with minor changes (but which needs more testing).

• ARM: fix nec cpu (irem, raiden...)
    • add frameskip as a menu option (frameskip disabled by default now)

Still working on other reports/requests.

9. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2016
    What is this? And what console roms it's running?

10. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    It's in the title. Final burn alpha

11. sergio_prado

sergio_prado Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Barueri, Brazil
    @cpasjuste thank you very much for this emulator. Can you please add UNIBIOS and cheats support?

12. leunamm

leunamm Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2007
    United States
    sega game gear - master system .... to work i created 2 zips... one with " sms_" or "gg_" or "pce_" ... before, to recognize the name and another without that abbreviation to boot.
    xxx_name may have an empty file inside. The mega drive could not get it to work, the others did

13. cpasjuste
    OP

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Good find thanks. This helps me a lot, I'll take a look to fix this tomorrow. For megadrive I guess the problem may be the arm/asm cyclone core and should be easily fixable.

Last edited by cpasjuste, Jan 25, 2017
  14. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    @cpasjuste: I made a pull request to support multiple controllers from my fork of your SDL to your branch of sdl2. I also made a quick change to pfba. I think it will use the same mapping for all players with this change, I am not so familiar with the code yet but it seems to me the skeleton for multiple players is already there.

EDIT: I included a quick fix adding 4:3 scaling keeping TV aspect ratio

Last edited by rsn8887, Jan 25, 2017
  15. FlexingTiger

FlexingTiger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for what you have done! It is easier use and quicker load than RA,also has prompt message on missing roms.
    I test kof97 and it runs fine,but when I insert coin,it turns black screen,I don't know what happened.

The game of kof series(kof98,kof99,kof2000...)is loaded into black screen:O

Last edited by FlexingTiger, Jan 25, 2017
  16. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Thanks again to Cpasjuste for another great emulator and fascinating codebase. The code is very clean. I could quickly add the 4:3 FIT option. I made a quick "unofficial mod" release of the changes, and a pull request to Cpasjuste's repo. The FIT 4:3 works best with sharp shader, or sharp-scan shader AND simultaneously turning "linear" filtering on to eliminate pixelwobble.

I also made some changes to SDL2 Vita to add support for multiple controllers. It might already work I am not sure.

www.github.com/rsn8887/pfba/releases

Changelog

v1.00
    • added "FIT 4:3" and "FIT 3:4" options to force the typical Arcade TV aspect ratio. Many Capcom games have strange resolutions but were designed to fill a 4:3 TV aspect ratio image. Strider and Final Fight are two examples. Without forcing 4:3 aspect these games will look stretched with too much widescreen.

Btw, Here's what I love most about PFBA compared to Retroarch so far:
    - I can rotate the game and controls are automatically rotated in portrait mode.
    - Shader support
    - A sane menu. It takes a split second to remap controls or change a game's rotation. In Retroarch it takes like twenty clicks through a confusing menu, and half the time I cannot remember which sub-menu I am in and how to get to an option and how to get back to the game (it takes another twenty clicks to go back).
    - A sane menu hotkey (start + select, x to accept) instead of insane hotkey like retroarch (L + R + Start + Select, circle to accept).

Last edited by rsn8887, Jan 25, 2017
    ramersonw, lincruste and MKKhanzo like this.
  17. Kerbangman

Kerbangman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2016
    start select and x is not really sane as it's awkward and unbalanced
    Maybe L and start select.

As for retro archs key sequence I tend to use L R d and Y

Last edited by Kerbangman, Jan 25, 2017
  18. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Thank you so much! Awesome work!

19. Crazy2k4

Crazy2k4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    in retroarch,i am use the best secuence for enter menu,L3 and R3,in vita,corner left down and corner right down in front touch xD

20. javys

javys Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2012
    Mexico
    Hello would it be possible to show the game list for only the current games?, instead of showing the whole game list even if the game rom is not found on the rom folder...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted