DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Have to try getting OTP0x108 from OTP, cause i have about 4 systems i only have the OTP and didn't want to reflash the 2.1 emunand again to get it.

And we have a winner release. This one should be good!

Here's the changes since v0.5, which was the last stable version:
  • You can generate the OTP0x108.bin if you already have a proper OTP.bin (if you didn't get it the first time around)

Thanks a ton to @tivu100, @liomajor, Al3x_10m, each and every one who helped testing and the fine folks over at freenode #Cakey for support and testing this release.

... .

@d0k3
Thanks for this, best option ever ;)
I was going to reflash the 2.1 emunand's on the other systems i only had OTP.bin from.
This will save me all the trouble ;)

HHhhhmmmm, my Majora's Mask N3DSXL also has a NAND size of 1.3, so maybe I'll hold off doing this until that's been looked into.

It's no problem, it works fine :) i was just mentioning this ;)

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: d0k3

pokebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to try getting OTP0x108 from OTP, cause i have about 4 systems i only have the OTP and didn't want to reflash the 2.1 emunand again to get it.

@d0k3
Thanks for this, best option ever ;)
I was going to reflash the 2.1 emunand's on the other systems i only had OTP.bin from.
This will save me all the trouble ;)

It's no problem, it works fine :) i was just mentioning this ;)

NAND size can't be a problem here, this was rather something else.

Oh, ok well nevermind then, just being paranoid I guess.

hawks-soad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What is " OTP0x108.bin" used for? Didn't grab it on my N3DS when i tested the process of A9LH initially.
Didn't use this for my N3ds but have used it for 1x O3ds and 1x O3ds XL. Is there anyway i can help you guys out with anything?
cheers

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is " OTP0x108.bin" used for? Didn't grab it on my N3DS when i tested the process of A9LH initially.
Didn't use this for my N3ds but have used it for 1x O3ds and 1x O3ds XL. Is there anyway i can help you guys out with anything?
cheers
Thanks for offering help! Well, if you got a hardmod or A9LH already succesfully installed, there might be something later. Also, if you use this on your N3DS, give feedback. OTP0x0108.bin is at the moment not used for anything and you can still generate it from your own proper OTP.bin, so no worries.

hawks-soad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for offering help! Well, if you got a hardmod or A9LH already succesfully installed, there might be something later. Also, if you use this on your N3DS, give feedback. OTP0x0108.bin is at the moment not used for anything and you can still generate it from your own proper OTP.bin, so no worries.
Awesome thanks for the reply, let me know if you require testing or anything not coding related really. Good to know about the otp0x0108 :)

k1r92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, had to fix a small typo. If you downloaded the release from 30 minutes before, redownload. Otherwise everything is fine.

Crap.

v0.7 bricked my console last night. Wish I had decided to try an hour later...

Any good guides for hardmodding a N3DSXL?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Crap.

v0.7 bricked my console last night. Wish I had decided to try an hour later...

Any good guides for hardmodding a N3DSXL?
You're not the only one - that was unfortunate, and you could have saved it if you stayed in OTPHelper. @Crownz4 did already find some good instructions, and I only know of this, which should already contain most of the info you need. I think with some basic soldering skills and a steady hand doing this should be in the realm of possibility, especially on a N3DSXL.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still need N3DS testers for Test #2? I should be getting my N3DS 20th Pokemon Anniversary Edition this week, and naturally the first thing I'm gonna do is downgrade it and install a9lh. I might as well contribute along the way (if you still need testers).

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So at the moment is the 0.71 the safest version? Or is still more reliable the 0.5?
0.71 should be the safest version
Do you still need N3DS testers for Test #2? I should be getting my N3DS 20th Pokemon Anniversary Edition this week, and naturally the first thing I'm gonna do is downgrade it and install a9lh. I might as well contribute along the way (if you still need testers).
Actually, this has been tested a lot already and the data always matched in this step. Feedback is appreciated, though. Let us know how it goes, and if you want to, you can also do the compare.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.71 should be the safest version

Actually, this has been tested a lot already and the data always matched in this step. Feedback is appreciated, though. Let us know how it goes, and if you want to, you can also do the compare.
Sure thing, I'll get back to you later this week

ShetiPhian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I finished today :) (didn't want to work on it tired so I stopped after my last post)
I briefly had my heart stop when I was only getting a black screen after installing arm9loaderhax. A quick test showed I could load Decrypt9, making me feel much better.
I had forgotten to copy the files from AuReiNAND_Options.zip -_-

Now that I've done my brothers o3ds(was on 10.1), I can do my o3ds(currently on 9.2 and using themehax to autoboot rxTools) and if I can bring myself to it my n3ds(on 9.7)

Now that its done I have a few questions
I found the answers.

- I've cleaned the root of the SD down to the listed 3 folders and 7 files. Can I clean out the 3ds folder, aka delete it and copy over the one from the zip?
I backed up the folder and tested this. Everything seems to still work.

- If I need to change the SD card for any reason, is a backup of the 3 folders and 7 files all at is needed, or is there a hidden partition I need to backup also?
I took a different card, freshly formatted it and copied the files over. Everything seems to still work.

- Is it safe to use the system updater? (CFW still needs to support the new version though correct?)
10.7 just came out and there is a video of an upgrade being done via the system update. So I'll take that as a yes ;)

I'd guess everything above is a yes but the next one I'm not sure of.
- If you end up updating your system to a version that a CFW doesn't yet support, how do you fix it?

In the emunand-vs-sysnand thread I found this answer.
"Your NAND will not boot until CFW devs update it to work with the latest FIRM. If you're feeling impatient, flash an older NAND backup, almost the same way you'd do on emuNAND."

Last edited by ShetiPhian,
Reactions: d0k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ sypt: youre a life saver <3