XP
Country
Italy
DOWNLOAD V2

Hi, this is the first update to my tool
biggrin.gif

Changelog v2:
QUOTE said:
Now the program is more "intelligent" than v1: infact it will automatically search for the opening.bnr in ALL the ISO partitions and not just in one like in v1 (this is the reason of many past 0KB opening.bnr!). In this way, now ISOs not "full" (scrubbed, with less, more or custom partititions, ecc..) are supported too!

WARNING: There are still some ISOs not supported, for example I tryied the program with over 20 ISOs and there is only one from which I obtained a 0KB opening.bnr (Guitar Hero World Tour).
I'm investigating more deeply to try to understand the reason for the malfunction with that ISO. Please give me a hand reporting any ISO that is not compatible with v2 in this appropriate thread.

Have fun
wink.gif

In the following spoiler there is the old release with more info about the program (if you don't know it):
QUOTE said:
Video Preview

What's it?
With this little tool for Windows you will can extract only the opening.bnr from a Wii ISO game in just a moment!
Before this you had to run WiiScrubber.exe, load the ISO (very boring!) and search for the opening.bnr to extract it... but from today you can do it in just a moment, with the new Opening.bnr Extractor by Red Squirrel
tongue.gif

I wrote this easy tool using the classical C++, so it should be compatible with many versions of Windows OS. It works loading the wiiscrubber.dll and using theghost.exe to extract only the opening.bnr from the ISO. All in less then 1-2 seconds!
Wiiscrubber.dll and theghost.exe will be written by the program at startup, so you don't need to search for them in the web
biggrin.gif

How to install and use it?
It needs no installation! Just run the obe.exe giving it 2 parameters: the path of the input ISO and the path (with the name) of the output file.
Example:
CODEobe.exe "C:/ISO/myiso.iso" "C:/mydocuments/subfolder/subsubfolder/opening31.bnr"
That's all!
smile.gif

Note: I inserted in the package also a minimal GUI (coded in VB.NET) to use with the obe.exe. Use it if you want or create your own
wink.gif

Checks, checks and checks!
Yes, I made many checks in this program to avoid any crash
wink.gif

Infact the program, before to start the process, check if:
1. Wiiscrubber.dll exists in the main directory
2. theghost.exe exists in the main directory
3. the input ISO exists, so if the input path is correct.
4. the output path is accessible to write.
And, at the end of the process, program checks also if the opening.bnr exists and if it has the 0KB size.
I hope this will be enough to avoid any possible crash or freeze
smile.gif

Mini-FAQ
It requires other tools (some others DLL or the .NET Frameworks)?
The EXE itself no. But maybe theghost.exe would require the .NET Framework (I can't test without it because all my PCs are full of NET Frameworks
biggrin.gif
). If you get an error then install .NET Frameworks
wink.gif

Can i use obe.exe in my personal (WBFS) GUI and then diffuse it in Internet?
Yes, you can.

Thanks
To Nanook for his big help!

tenpmetabg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red_Squirrel said:
And, at the end of the process, program checks also if the opening.bnr exists and if it has the 0KB size.

Is it supposed to be 0KB ?
I ran it 3 times with different ISO, and got 0KB files all the time

PS: running on vista 64 bits

Red_Squirrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
tenpmetabg said:
Red_Squirrel said:

Is it supposed to be 0KB ?
I ran it 3 times with different ISO, and got 0KB files all the time

PS: running on vista 64 bits

No, when it is 0KB means you got an error
wink.gif

Maybe in 64 bit it does not work
unsure.gif
Do you have all NET Framework installed?
However it has been tested in WinXP 32 bit with Visual Studio 2008 (and so all NET Framework) installed
wink.gif

tenpmetabg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red_Squirrel said:
Do you have all NET Framework installed?

Dunno if "all" NetFramework is installed...

How can I check this ?

Edit : I found "micro$oft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1" (32.4 Mo) on my installed program list

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Red_Squirrel said:
WiiCrazy said:
Tried on wadmanager iso just to test, failed with a 0 bytes file.
WiiScrubber 1.31 works fine by the way.

Install the Vc++ redistributables (link is some post above)
wink.gif

It works with game ISO, see the video preview for more info
wink.gif

Well I have Visual Studio 2008
wink.gif

No problem with the runtime environment actually. Maybe it's a problem with the wiiscrubber dll you are using...

Maybe it's better to build such a thing around wbfs which already has access to both isos and wbfs filesystem?

Red_Squirrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Red_Squirrel said:
WiiCrazy said:
Tried on wadmanager iso just to test, failed with a 0 bytes file.
WiiScrubber 1.31 works fine by the way.

Install the Vc++ redistributables (link is some post above)
wink.gif

It works with game ISO, see the video preview for more info
wink.gif

Well I have Visual Studio 2008
wink.gif

No problem with the runtime environment actually. Maybe it's a problem with the wiiscrubber dll you are using...

Maybe it's better to build such a thing around wbfs which already has access to both isos and wbfs filesystem?

Mmm, no Wiicrazy, maybe something in your PC misses, or your ISOs are not "full" (maybe scrubbed, crypted, etc...)
unsure.gif

Look this new video, I tested it just now with MANY different game ISOs, all give me a not-0Kb opening.bnr: http://www.psp-cheats.it/SWF/obe.swf
My PC is a WinXP with SP3 (32 bit) and VS 2008 installed (and I don't think it is "magical" xD).

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression something similar existed, although certainly not as streamlined as this program.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative