Homebrew [Release] NP2 for 3DS - Neko Project II port

raima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All right. If you need any help building a CIA, I can give you some help with that. I suppose you get an ELF file when building, correct?

You can use my Makefile for StarUpdater-UN as a reference if you need to. Keep in mind you have to pick an unused Title ID. I'd recommend checking titledb.com to see if any other homebrew uses that title ID, and 3dsdb.com to see if it is the same as a retail title.

StarUpdater-UN is here -- https://github.com/gnmmarechal/StarUpdater-UN
Thank you. It's helpful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ver0.1.2 release.

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a trick to getting makefont32 to recognize the installed fonts in Windows 7? It's only showing me a few, mostly courier and terminal, and not the suggested IPCGothic or even MSGothic, which it calls out in the readme.

StrHkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the README, it also gives you a link to a website that has the font files on it. You just drag and drop the TTF onto makefont32.

The particular file is called ipag00303.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to run The Highly Responsive to Prayer on this? It doesn't have nearly the same requirements as MS, but it may just be the architecture itself? I tested PoDD as well, since that's supposed to have low requirements, but that simply wouldn't boot.

Last edited by StrHkr,

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the README, it also gives you a link to a website that has the font files on it. You just drag and drop the TTF onto makefont32.

The particular file is called ipag00303.

When I drop that ttf on the executable, it just opens the program with the fonts I mentioned, defaulting to Courier Baltic. I tried dragging into the open program but it doesn't allow that.

raima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If there is convertible public domain Japanese font, I'll upload font.bmp. But I have not found it.

PoDD needs to down GDC clock to 2.5MHz. Set software dipswitch emulate->reset with HELP key

StrHkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I drop that ttf on the executable, it just opens the program with the fonts I mentioned, defaulting to Courier Baltic. I tried dragging into the open program but it doesn't allow that.

Sorry for the late reply :P
Have you tried actually installing the font to your computer, and then selecting it from the list?

parkjongchun

Trophies
XP
Country
thank for making np2 for 3ds.
I am looking for NP2 on New3DS. thank U...:):bow:
but, There are sound problems.:wacko:
NP2 is executed well, but the sound was not heard.
I do not know reason. :sad: reply...

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Er...when I was playing NP2 or NP21, it stopped working suddenly.It happened too much times,I don't know why.I'm using an Old 3ds.

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I tested the NP2_v0.1,It works better than NP2_v0.12 on old 3ds.They both stopped working,but the times of NP2_v0.1 are fewer.When they stopped working,I tried Down+L+Select and I could open Luma3ds Rosaliana menu successfully,it means that the 3DS works properly but NP2 stops working.

Last edited by zwq939681378,

JokeDeity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If someone wouldn't mind helping me, I'm about to tear my hair out trying to figure this out. I've read every thread probably online that has anything to do with Neko Project II and NO one seems to be saying where I get an HDI file to act as the harddrive, nor how I would put games onto one. I'm so confused as to how anyone has this working, but I'll be grateful if anyone can help me out here. I have a bunch of files for a game that are "000-015" without filetype extensions and then a file called "fgplay_h.com" and one called "OPNDRV.COM"; are these the right files for this application? Wikipedia said this game was on PC-98 and that's all I could find when looking for the PC-98 version of this game, but ZERO clue as to what an HDI is or where to get one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge