Hacking [Release] No Ban no Sky

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone wanna help me with this one? Im using my own private header with Super Smash Bros Online and I get error 002-0123. But before anyone says it is a wrong manufacturer id, both my private header and the ROM are macronix (C2). This private header is also on Mario Kart 7 and that works just fine online. The private header was ripped from my copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The header was applied both to the SSB ROM AND the template file on my sky3ds.
Where did I go wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Super Smash Bros has two versions on the template (1.0 and 1.1). Only one has the C2 ID.
Search for the other "CTR-P-AXCE" in the template and change the manufacture ID on it.

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros has two versions on the template (1.0 and 1.1). Only one has the C2 ID.
Search for the other "CTR-P-AXCE" in the template and change the manufacture ID on it.
Can I simply change the Chip id without any repercussions or do I need to use a program to do it? Id prefer to just do it in notepad myself if that is possible without any issues.

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Only one has... both IDs, right? Which one is that? If I just got the correct template version, no manual changes are necessary, right?

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome. I tried that and it worked for me, is there any tool that can change every chip id in a template much like no ban no sky does with the headers? Would make life much easier.
Great news!
Unfortunately I don't know any other tools to change game ID and Chip ID. Until a new update of 'no ban no sky', we need to do it manually.

Only one has... both IDs, right? Which one is that? If I just got the correct template version, no manual changes are necessary, right?
The version 1.1 (release by BigBlueBox) has the C2 chip. In that version, you only need to change the game id with 'no ban no sky'.
In the 1.0 version, you need to change the chip ID manually with notepad.

Sorry for silence guys but I moved and I'm still waiting internet access. I have a lot of things to do in my new house. Until I'm set, No ban no sky support is paused. Thanks for feedback and requests, I'll add them later.
:yaynds: no prob.

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so there are some SSB games that come with 1.1 preinstalled in them as opposed to needing to download the update from the eshop? Interesting. Also, modifying the chip id is a bit more complicated, cant be copy and paste like it is with the header. Some games have different ROM sizes and that needs to be correctly reflected in the template as well. I usually just take whatever gateway updater changes it to when i inject my header info into a rom and copy that into a template, but it cannot be copied into each game within the template as they will differ, but possibly just changing the first two bytes of the chip id (the manufacturer id) can be automated. Like my private header was taken from a C2 chip id, so just copying that to all of the games in the template file may be good enough as the rest of the data of the chip id in the template is most likely already correct.

A potential suggestion for no ban no sky, allow the users to pick among the 3 mfg ids to also copy into the template files. I know the dev is busy, take your time, but this is potentially a serious boost to your program. Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: RahFah

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone wanna help me with this one? Im using my own private header with Super Smash Bros Online and I get error 002-0123. But before anyone says it is a wrong manufacturer id, both my private header and the ROM are macronix (C2). This private header is also on Mario Kart 7 and that works just fine online. The private header was ripped from my copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The header was applied both to the SSB ROM AND the template file on my sky3ds.
Where did I go wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Wait what? I thought we only had to apply header to the template. What you mean you applied it to the rom?

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? I thought we only had to apply header to the template. What you mean you applied it to the rom?
I apply it to the ROM so gateway updater corrects the chip id so I know what exactly to change the chip id to in the template file as well, since that also matters (not just the long header code) if you plan to play online, which I do.

imZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't managed to get online on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or Super Smash Bros without using other tools and editing the template file manually.
(Need to test other roms still)

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't managed to get online on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or Super Smash Bros without using other tools and editing the template file manually.
(Need to test other roms still)

Can't get online as in you got banned when you did? Or... What's the deal with that? Does it just NOT let you online?

imZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get online as in you got banned when you did? Or... What's the deal with that? Does it just NOT let you online?
I'm just struggling to get this working, it should do it automatically right? But Smash needs adjustments, and Pokemon just didn't work for me, I ripped my header from Steel Diver.

Signofwish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like you need to have the PH that matchs with the game's manufacturer. Otherwise, it wont work even you manually change the Manufacturer ID in template file.

newborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like you need to have the PH that matchs with the game's manufacturer. Otherwise, it wont work even you manually change the Manufacturer ID in template file.

what one is it? people keep telling me, different things, people say changing it works, for them, with no issues, some say what you say, what is it?

Quartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any means to get a random header generator for people who don't have the ability to upload their private headers? Sorry I'm a bit new with the 3ds. Not sure how all this really works yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Bad dragon