Hacking [Release] Nin-Jecter - Multiple System Injector For WiiU

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coding basic stuff for beginners, AKA ME, its very basic, i dont know much code, but for simple GUI's are just IF Sentences, i normally use C#, people prefer Python due to porting.

Code its basically if sentences looking for rules or execution handlers. But thanks. most developers here on GBA temp, are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past this. as ASM lookup its one of the hardest things to learn IMO. tried several times, and just got the basics.

I was really never a good at understanding things about code, but i decided to try somethings, and then i learned that codes should be changed to rules or instructions cause that what it is basically. Ever since i peaked into a sonic 1 rom to see what people do to create mods for it, i followed a tutorial to have inject spin dash from sonic 2 into sonic 1, using a asm thing, and it look like a bunch of instructions or rules telling him what to do when things happen, when button is pressed and such....

But the way it was all written or scripted, it look like a movie script for what to do or what supposed to happen, anyway i learned how people make games that way, but that was a genesis game, things change and evolve, is more complicated and still won't get far into the idea of doing it myself unless it was as easy as makking courses in super mario maker. :blush:

Yeah, i am that simple that prbably how i could get anything done. :shy:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: ScarletDreamz

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are yu gonna still do gba
Yep, just hopefully loading ajd4086's python script. Worst case scenario would be piecing through his source and translating all of it to VB. That would add a few weeks to the timetable though, so I'd rather not (at least for the first release).

Since with every injecting tool there's something copyrighted it would be ideal to have a tool which you just "feed" with the following stuff (which you have to collect on your own of course) and which then just takes a rom and does all the magic:

• makerpl from CafeOS SDK (obviously)
  • HiRom, LoRom base RPX (for SNES)
  • alldata.bin (for GBA)
  • other needed base games and stuff
That means I'd have a tool with a "source" folder where I put this stuff in as a constant ressource place, enter all ressources in the tool's option menu in a tab called "paths" or something like that.
Then as a user after every tool start up I just:
  • hit a button (SNES, N64, NES, GBA, NDS)
  • (if necessary ressources for demanded system are set correctly in options it accepts and proceeds)
  • feed it with a rom
  • put in the new games Title and a ID6 and it generates out of the ressources (which stay untouched cause it's read only) and the rom a ready to use Loadiine folder where only adding a META folder is left to me if I need one (or it even generates one with the XML so I only have to get the image TGA files if I want them)
I'd love to help to make it that noob friendly (if it isn't already as you did it now) since I'm a bit into coding.

Of course one even need to take care whether it's PAL or NTSC or stuff like that. I just wanted to keep the idea list simple and abstract. :)

Additional info: This is not a "Make it that way! That's what I want! Do all the work I told you to offer me nice tools for free!" thread. It's just ideas (from an end user's point of view) I wanted to share. :) Don't take it harsh please.
That's exactly what mine does. Clickable links to unprovided tools (lmgtfy.com where necessary), click the console you want, select the base game youre using, select your ROM, optionally select images for bg/icon/cover, and then the magic happens and it gives a Loadiine-ready folder that you just need to copy to SD.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me miss umm @ScarletDreamz I was curious, is there a way to inject gba roms without the installation of the python thingy on my pc? Most guides just say use a python with a command prompt using a .Bat execute file to proceed with the injection, i dunno why the nds roms are as easy as replacing the rom in a zip file with a different one, but is just not as easy and hope it could have been.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me miss umm @ScarletDreamz I was curious, is there a way to inject gba roms without the installation of the python thingy on my pc? Most guides just say use a python with a command prompt using a .Bat execute file to proceed with the injection, i dunno why the nds roms are as easy as replacing the rom in a zip file with a different one, but is just not as easy and hope it could have been.
It's because NDS just has the ROM file floating around by itself so you can directly replace it. GBA has the ROM embedded inside the alldata.bin file along with a bunch of other stuff, so it's much harder to get to. ajd4096 wrote a fantastic GBA injector that handles that alldata.bin file really well, so that's why everyone uses it.. it just so happens to be written in Python.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only NDS, but also N64 are just roms compresed and renamed in order for the Virtual Emulator to read it, as fiveighteen wrote above, on GBA the roms are compressed in alldata.bin and your best option its use python and the batch command line. OR rewrite or port the code to any language of your choice.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only NDS, but also N64 are just roms compresed and renamed in order for the Virtual Emulator to read it, as fiveighteen wrote above, on GBA the roms are compressed in alldata.bin and your best option its use python and the batch command line. OR rewrite or port the code to any language of your choice.
Just so you know, the only codes i do are game genie, action replay, gameshark, code breaker and hex codes.:shy: Joking aside, Thanks for explaining that, I just was confused on how the process is different for each one cause it seem silly but i guess is not since maybe it was just nintendo trying to use encryptic ways to protect their stuff, except the nds are simple to do so maybe they were in a rush, besides that, Do i need any python tools or command prompt exe files to do the n64 injections?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basic n64 injections are just .zip a rom, and change their extensions and name format, repalce it inside the loadiine ready game you got, and thats it. no python or anything.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basic n64 injections are just .zip a rom, and change their extensions and name format, repalce it inside the loadiine ready game you got, and thats it. no python or anything.
Oh i see, well about the compression level, is recommended to use normal, store, or ultra compression? it always bugged me cause i would wonder if it damaged functionality.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's exactly what mine does. Clickable links to unprovided tools (lmgtfy.com where necessary), click the console you want, select the base game youre using, select your ROM, optionally select images for bg/icon/cover, and then the magic happens and it gives a Loadiine-ready folder that you just need to copy to SD.
Wow I'm impressed and hyped. :) Even the icon stuff ... not bad!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Are you planing a public release?

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Since Goomba works in general, any GameBoy ROM should work, but patched ROMs do not. I tested it with Pokemon Red.

Some do, it's just very hit & miss. Colour Hacks etc, seem to be the most problematic. Most of the translation patches for roms seem to have no problems though.

Looking forward to your injection tool btw!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU