OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys!
I am pretty new to this and have a few questions. Can i use the newest version of NASA to install legit CIA files on a New3DSXL on 10.6E?
I would do it in the following order:
1. Browserhax to install Menuhax
2. Start NASA via Menuhax and install CIA.

Will this work?
By the way. Is the brick chance high?

As for the brick, if you don't mess up with NAND contents, you can't brick your console.

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As for the brick, if you don't mess up with NAND contents, you can't brick your console.
Yes, but i wasnt sure if there is a difference between old and new.
How can i mess up with NAND if i dont touch the firmware itself but only install CIAs? Except of an error while installing..

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, but i wasnt sure if there is a difference between old and new.
How can i mess up with NAND if i dont touch the firmware itself but only install CIAs? Except of an error while installing..

NASA allows you installation of NAND contents and also NAND contents delete. If you do one of these things and you don't know what are you doing, you're going to get an hardbrick.

Reactions: Matzeus

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, i just noticed, that the system is already running on 10.6. Can i just use the OcarinaOfTime exploit and launch NASA over it?

tarduno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I used it to install CIA over network but something went wrong. CIA was installed but there's no sign of it on my emunand (or sysnand). I can't uninstall it because its not showing anywhere (nasa or fbi). I lost 1gb of space on sdcard because of it. I installed it regular way via FBI and its working but is there any way to get my free space back?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I used it to install CIA over network but something went wrong. CIA was installed but there's no sign of it on my emunand (or sysnand). I can't uninstall it because its not showing anywhere (nasa or fbi). I lost 1gb of space on sdcard because of it. I installed it regular way via FBI and its working but is there any way to get my free space back?

Check if you got some new software in Software Management tool in System Settings.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but after about an hour of hard resetting I couldn't get either svchax or memchunkhax2 to work, just hanging.

I'm on 10.3/MenuHax
Well first time using this to install some legit cia's on a 10.6 system, keeps hanging on svchax... or if i choose memchunkhax2 ir hangs after success!
Only thing i can do is reset and try again.

[EDIT]
Ok, it worked after 15 tries with memchunkhax2 :)
(O3DSXL EU firmware 10.6)

Last edited by DjoeN,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did anyone report troubles with Happy Home Designer yet ? For some reason it's stuck in a bootloop on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen when I launch it on my 10.7 Cakes emuNAND. MD5 hashes are valid & I've sucessfully installed several other games using NASA on it.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone report troubles with Happy Home Designer yet ? For some reason it's stuck in a bootloop on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen when I launch it on my 10.7 Cakes emuNAND. MD5 hashes are valid & I've sucessfully installed several other games using NASA on it.
just visit its page in the eShop, you probably need to get its game-specific "seed" (the 9.6 game encryption).

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ! I just went to its eshop page and it launched. Is it something I have to do for every 9.6+ game ?
yes if you don't get them from the eShop and they aren't crypto fixed.

if a game doesn't match your region, you have to get one that's already crypto fixed for it to work

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to mention, sometimes when a cia finishes installing, the 3ds throws the "an error has occurred" screen and needs to reboot, but it seems like they get installed correctly (so far as I can tell), don't know if that's normal or not but there you go.
Thanks for the program by the way, I couldn't get FBI to install anything on my 3DS for some reason, and this has worked great so far.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to mention, sometimes when a cia finishes installing, the 3ds throws the "an error has occurred" screen and needs to reboot, but it seems like they get installed correctly (so far as I can tell), don't know if that's normal or not but there you go.
Thanks for the program by the way, I couldn't get FBI to install anything on my 3DS for some reason, and this has worked great so far.
Only time I get that is with the delete after install option

Glink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying out new3DS XL version 10.3.0-27 EUR, NASA V1.4 Native Firm 2.50-9
Ninjhax/Menuhax both are stuck at executing svchax and doesn't get past step 7 when trying to execute Memchunkhax2

Edit:
svchax actually worked for once. Felt more like a 5% boot chance from a new3DS model :P

Last edited by Glink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo