ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to get this 2.1 patch working with NTR? I know there is a version that doesn't need it, and that works fine, but I play with another plugin as well. I still crash on the title screen no matter what when NTR is run.

What other plugin are you using? Try removing it and seeing if that's causing the issue.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
umm is there any way i can have the patch on it without the use of ntr its just annoying sometimes

Get yourself a CIA already patched and updated or extract the RomFS of the 1.1.0 update and merge the files. It's written in the OP.

Last edited by Kibido,

SaphirSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the 2.1 update, now I can't play mhxx with the patch anymore, since I can't update the game to 1.1 because I have a european 3DS. Can you give us an second link or whatever for the 2.0 patch please for the people with this problem, so that we can use v2 again?

Last edited by SaphirSky,

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the 2.1 update, now I can't play mhxx with the patch anymore, since I can't update the game to 1.1 because I have a european 3DS. Can you give us an second link or whatever for the 2.0 patch please for the people with this problem, so that we can use v2 again?
if you're able to run NTR you're also able to update the game, just not via the normal eshop, find a 1.1 update cia of the game (not the patch) and install it. Without the update you won't be able to play online.

Lapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why would that stop you? Luma is regionfree and there are plenty of working 1.1 v2.1 cias around if you know where to look

broli95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok so I got a prepatched CIA and installed it, I got the CIA update too and I've installed it as well but the game is not translated, how come?

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok so I got a prepatched CIA and installed it, I got the CIA update too and I've installed it as well but the game is not translated, how come?

The update is supposed to have the patch, not the game. Get a clean version of the game and an update that has the patch. Then install everything.

SaphirSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you're able to run NTR you're also able to update the game, just not via the normal eshop, find a 1.1 update cia of the game (not the patch) and install it. Without the update you won't be able to play online.
Thanks for the answer. I have already found a way to run the 2.1 update with mhxx 1.0, but yes without the update I can not play online. I did not know that I can update it also with cia, so thank you for the answer.

Drai196

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dasding The "Battlefield Auroros" is the Auroros Kermes it's a relic from MH4U The pieces are:

Auroros Kermes Helm
Auroros Kermes Plate
Auroros Kermes Cuffs
Auroros Kermes Faulds
Auroros Kermes Shins

Borealis Bell Flower
Borealis Woad Plate
Borealis Woad Cuffs
Borealis Woad Faulds
Borealis Woad Pants

Last edited by Drai196,

azeuro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
guys, I try to follow the instructions and everything you post; but I still have a problem :
When I launch the game witch NTR the game crash on the 3ds screen, when I launch without it it work (but of course in JPN...)

The MHXX icon keep tell me there is an update to do; and it does'nt work when I launch it (normal I think, e-shop etc), but I have launch a CIA update from FBI and it does nothing.
This problem is here since I have updated the V2.1 from the patch...

Please somebody can tell me what to do?
Thank's in advance

Kyoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My game too continue to tell me that there is an update after I patched it, but it's fine. I mean, I have no problem with the english patch itself, only this.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My game too continue to tell me that there is an update after I patched it, but it's fine. I mean, I have no problem with the english patch itself, only this.

Same here, probably because the update/patch only applies once the game has been booted. Maybe try getting yourself an already updated CIA and the nag will stop; I personally can't be bothered for such a small thing.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think I asked this before, but I don't think I got a reply. So what's basically left to translate? I know MH games aren't really a wall of text, but most projects tend to leave like a progress report of what is and what isn't translated. Basically so people know what to look out for.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I asked this before, but I don't think I got a reply. So what's basically left to translate? I know MH games aren't really a wall of text, but most projects tend to leave like a progress report of what is and what isn't translated. Basically so people know what to look out for.

There are some patch notes in the OP.

v1/v1.1
  • Overall clean up of previous content UI.
  • New content in MHXX
  • Monster Names added
  • All Hunter Arts Names and Descriptions added
  • Several Item Names added
  • Styles/descriptions and specific items names/descriptions added
  • All facilities and menus have been transed for usage, but not 100%
  • Some Quest objectives and subquest added
  • All Armor Skill Names, full descriptions, and stats added
  • All palico support moves and skills added
  • Translated Assets
v1.2
  • fixed a crash bug
v2
  • Corrected all vaild reported issues. (Thank you!)
  • Many itemname adjustments and additions.
  • All new weapon names completed.
  • All New Deviant Quest titles.
  • Many Armor name additions.
  • All Quest sub quest entries added.
  • Added Smithy Kinsect translations.
  • Added entries for StreetPass menu.
  • Added most description entries to Lab expansion options.
  • Various UI clean up and additions.
v2.1
  • Adjusted NTR plugin to work with game update
  • Due to popular demand, we have omitted default English Hub Name
  • Cleaned up Guild Card UI
  • Corrected GC Village Names
  • Added more ItemNames
  • More reported issues fixed (Thanks!)
  • All new Palico WeaponNames completed
  • More ArmorNames added
  • Many Additions to Village Request Hunter's Log
  • Added all new Kitchen Ingredients and Dishes
  • New NPC Name additions and changes
  • Various minor fixes and additions

Basically all that is needed has already been translated. Armors are about 99% translated, weapons are 100%, items look like 100% as well, UI is 100%, Palico stuff is 100%, and probably some other things nobody gives two shits about still have to be translated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!