[Release] Miisona, a Persona music mod for Miitopia

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by OkazakiTheOtaku, Aug 7, 2017.

?

What games do you want more music from in the pack?

1. Persona 5

2. Persona 4

3. Persona 4 Golden

4. Persona 4 Dancing All Night

5. Persona 3

6. Other (Comment in the thread)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

OkazakiTheOtaku no one likes me, not even me

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Current Version: v0.4.1 (August 25, 2017)
    Persona 1: PSP and more Persona 5 Music Now Added!
    Hotfix for World 3's Lotus Area

[​IMG]

Alright! It's time for my first ever public mod release, Miisona. I've worked on this for some time, and thanks to some GBATemp members I finally got this going in full swing!

What is Miisona?

Miisona is a music mod for Miitopia which replaces the game's music with some of the best tracks from the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series.

How far along is the progress?
    Currently, all the battle music and Inn music in the game has been changed, as well as some overworked and NPC music. See the spoiler below for the full list.

Current Track Changes:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Planned for Version 1.0:

Notes:
    - Miisona is developed for and tested on the USA and European copies of Miitopia. This, however, does not mean that it won't work on Japanese. If you encounter bugs, or if it just straight out does not work, I am open to collaboration to fix it.

- Miisona is supported by Old 3DS and New 3DS. Some users have reported issues on the "old" 2DS (even though it should functionally be the same as Old 3DS).

- The Miisona modpack is, and will be, released as a LayeredFS mod (usable with Luma CFW, or NTR CFW's OnionFS) and will not be released in any other format officially. However, you have my permission to mod it into a .cia file as long as you link back to me in the release.

Demonstration Video:

FAQ:

Miisona Limitations:

Miisona will not have fan-made remixes added in.
    This is not meant to put down the work of fans, however I want to keep the music official. Persona 4 Dancing All Night remixes, and other Persona official remixes are fair game and may be added.

Miisona is a strictly music/sound hack.
    I do not plan and will likely not hack any models, images, or anything else. This is for music and maybe sound effects later on. If you want to make a Persona-themed graphics hack, I am open to collaboration.

Currently, Miisona is a huge mod.
    I use homebrew tools to make the bcstm files. Most of them have been reduced to 1600hz, which is just about what the extent of the 3DS speakers can produce. Regardless of my compression, the 7z archive and the unarchived files are hefty. I recommend at least 750mb free on your SD card to use Miisona.

Issue Reporting:

If you wish to report an issue with the mod, please give the following info:
    • Luma 3DS Version/OnionFS Version
    • 3DS Firmware Version
    • Console Region
    • Game Region
    • Console Model
    • Whether you have successfully gotten other LayeredFS mods to work
    Known Issues:
    - One 2DS user has reported crashing with battle BGM.
    - Some tracks loop awkwardly.

Downloads:
    Due to site-wide rules, I cannot link to my modpack directly, but I can link to my website which has the links on it. I can link to my home page, and then you can find the sub-page (it won't be too hard, I promise).

Here is my website!

Installation:
    Miisona is a standard LayeredFS mod. Inside the release .7z file is a "romfs" folder. Simply make a folder in your SD:/luma/titles named the title ID of your region's game, then place the romfs folder in that new folder.
    For example, if I had the American copy, my layout would be
    SD:/luma/titles/00040000001b4e00/romfs

USA: 00040000001b4e00
    JPN: 0004000000178800
    EUR: 00040000001b4f00

Enjoy!

Please note: this mod does not have any AP checks in it.
    Regardless, Miitopia is a great game and I urge you to buy it if you enjoy it.
    I will not give support to users that have admitted to using an illegitimate copy of Miitopia.
    Second, the Persona soundtrack spans lots of games and is a great set of songs, and the series is also worth your money if you haven't experienced it yet.

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku, Aug 25, 2017

2. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Changelog:

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    I love this :)

OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  4. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Thanks!

Enryx25 likes this.
  5. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    I might just upgrade to b9s for this.

6. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Nice, any ingame videos of it? Will use this when I get started with Miitopia, thanks for the good work!

7. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    The song is called "Last Surprise"

8. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    You're right, my bad. Will be fixed soon.
    There will be soon. I've had lots and lots of requests through PMs and replies on GBATemp and Reddit from people who want Persona 3 music. The next version will contain some, and then I will make demonstration videos. The next version is uploading now. Thanks :)

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku, Aug 9, 2017
  9. GoddessKozy

GoddessKozy i'll fight sal9000

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    I've been meaning to try out Miitopia, so this might be the kicker to go ahead and get it. I love the P2 duology so seeing music from it planned is exciting!

Thanks for your work on this.

10. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Woah, this is awesome! This may just make me try Miitopia. :P

11. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Hoo boy I was playing P4G and P5 recently and this here I'm very looking forward to playing. Kinda a shame I don't see "Blooming Villain" or "A New World Fool" on the list. However it might not match the games theme so oh well.

12. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Thanks for the kind words and suggestion :) I'll look into adding those two to the next version

13. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    sorry for the "not so kind" word, but you can't share music and data from a game, Unless of course you made the music yourself and didn't extract the files from a game or disc.
    the users have to get these files themselves from a Persona game (or elsewhere than GBAtemp).

Even if it's a nice idea and it would be fun to get new music and you probably worked a lot on it, it's still providing copyrighted song files.
    I won't delete your first post as it would not be fair, I'll wait tomorrow or until you read it*. I'll let you see if you can find a new way to release your packages.
    for example, you could keep your thread with list of available packs you worked on, but provide additional music pack files using another way than direct link here.

* I removed the links.
    After checking its content, there's no tool at all, it's just a package full of game's file.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 9, 2017
  14. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Ok, I understand. Sorry about that. When you say "another way, then direct link here" I guess I'm a bit confused because wouldn't that also be considered linking to copyrighted files? Thanks for the not removing the post straight away and giving me a chance to fix things. I'll edit the post to reflect the situation while I figure out where to go next.

15. smileyhead

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    a strategy I've seen used on here is creating a website for yourself (any free hosters will do, for example Google Sites), hosting the download link on there, and telling people to go find it on your site.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  16. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Sounds good, but then how will people find it now? It likely won't be indexed or searchable by Google quickly.

17. smileyhead

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    you can link the main page of your site, just not the exact post the download is in.

18. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Make a thread on that chaos or iso site. Tell people to look there. They'll know the site :P

19. OkazakiTheOtaku
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Gotcha. I'll start setting that up and then wait for a moderator to verify that is actually allowed, just in case. I don't want to cause any more trouble.

smileyhead likes this.
  20. Kirtide

Kirtide Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Australia
    Bendigo
    This mod looks really nice, also would there be the possibility of adding tracks from Persona Q?