[Release] mii2studio - Convert any Mii to the Mii Studio format and render Miis as PNGs

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENTATION, AND USAGE INSTRUCTIONS: https://github.com/RiiConnect24/Mii-Tools

mii2studio is a command-line tool written in Python that can take any Mii from a Wii, 3DS, Wii U, Miitomo, or Switch and output it into a file that Mii Studio can load. Mii Studio is an online Mii editor that was made as a successor to Miitomo.

Furthermore, the tool also outputs a link to the Mii rendered in PNG form, thanks to an API endpoint that Nintendo made (it's one of the coolest things ever). The Miis are encoded (probably due to obfuscation) and additional parameters for the API can be played with here (facial expressions, showing a full body, renders of multiple 360° angles of a Mii's body, etc). We use the Mii renderer for our Check Mii Out Channel revival's companion site.

Example of a rendered Mii:

image.png

You can use these types of Miis with this script:

• Mii binary files from many platforms
    • Wii
    • 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Switch
      • Mii format used in the Mii DB on the Switch NAND
      • Mii format used in save files in Switch games
    • Mii Studio (in decoded form)
  • Mii QR Codes from many platforms
    • 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Miitomo
    • Tomodachi Life
    • Miitopia
  • 12-digit entry numbers for Miis uploaded to RiiConnect24's Check Mii Out Channel revival
Credits

Last edited by Larsenv,

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's not possible because Mii's on the 3DS have more options (like more haircuts) that are not available in Wii software.

Reactions: impeeza

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I think it's not possible because Mii's on the 3DS have more options (like more haircuts) that are not available in Wii software.
Well yeah, but I feel like the tool could warn the user of this and make them choose a haircut that the Wii has to give to the mii in the process.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I meant 3DS and Wii. Didn't realize you could use Amiibo to import Miis though.
between 3ds and wii I know I did it on the past, but don't remember how, think was the wiimote.
Post automatically merged:

I remember how I did transfer from Wii to 3DS:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ated-on-my-Wii-on-my-Nintendo-3DS-242783.html

then I used the Studio to convert My 3DS into Studio and imported on the Switch using official on my clean NAND and MiiPort on my dirty one.

Last edited by impeeza,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
between 3ds and wii I know I did it on the past, but don't remember how, think was the wiimote.
Post automatically merged:

I remember how I did transfer from Wii to 3DS:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ated-on-my-Wii-on-my-Nintendo-3DS-242783.html

then I used the Studio to convert My 3DS into Studio and imported on the Switch using official on my clean NAND and MiiPort on my dirty one.
Well yeah, but what about getting a Mii made on the 3DS (or Wii U or Switch) into a format that could then be imported into a Wii? Mostly wanna know because I don't want to have to use the original Mii Maker to make a proper Mii of myself after all this time, but also don't want to have to re-create it just to use it in Wii games..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-