Not open for further replies.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Today I thought, "gee, wouldn't it be nice if I added a manga downloading feature." And so I tried to figure out how to do that. I figured out that MangaFox has consistent file names for it's manga pages. So after a base url was obtained, a number could just be incremented. And so I threw something together in a few minutes and it worked quite nicely. It required all of the url except for the number at the end, the number of pointless zeros, and the number of pages you wanted to download. It was quite cool. I think I'll implement it into this. But it could take a bit of time, because I want to make a better keyboard to type some urls into. But I may not because it looks like a lot of work to do that.

You can give a try on porting Danzeff keyboard to lpp-3ds ( http://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=4466&mcid=1 )

D

Deleted User

OP
Just in case anybody still looks at this thread, I have some updates on what I've done with the update I'm working on.
First off, it'll download from mangareader rather than mangafox because it has more available.

All you'll need to do is enter the name of your manga in all lowercase, with spaces replaced with hyphens, the chapter you want, and the number of pages you want. Of course, you may need to verify that mangareader has what you're looking for. I made it so you can enter -1 to make it just keep dowloading pages until it can't anymore, but it freezes once it reaches the end and you'll need to exit with L+R+DOWN+B. I don't really know why, and I can't seem to figure out. So that'll probably stay for a while. But if you enter a number of pages you want, rather than -1, then it'll go back to the main menu when it's done. The downloading speeds are pretty good for me on n3ds with my internet speed.
4898963382.png

I also plan on adding a feature that shows the time and what page your on if you press a button while reading a manga. I was reading last night, and lost track of time. Oh, and this'll also now use the n3ds's power if it's available. Makes the page scrolling look more smooth, and make loading pages faster.

And I also made a video of the downloading feature. Shows how easy it is, and how fast it is for me on n3ds.

I will not be making a better keyboard. I'm too lazy. I will use a better one if somebody makes a better one for me with lpp-3ds.:D

Last edited by , , Reason: no new keyboard.
Reactions: SlimPortable
D

Deleted User

OP
Version 1.8 is now out!
  • There's now an option to check if a new update is available. Go to the Options and press "Check for updates."
  • Press X while reading a manga to display a bar on the bottom of the bottom screen with the time in 12 hour time and the page number.
  • This can now use pages of a size smaller than what the minimum page size was.
  • This will now use the n3ds's power if available.
  • You can now delete mangas from within the manga selector menu
  • Manga downloading is now possible!
Here's my text tutorial on how to use the manga downloading feature:
First, go to mangareader.net and fine a manga you want. Click on it to go to the chapter list. The url should be something like http://mangareader.net/MANGANAME.. MANGANAME is usually the manga's normal name in all lowercase and with spaces replaced with "-". Memorize what MANGANAME is. Go into the download option of Manga Reader. For name, enter what you got before from the url, MANGANAME. Then all the other information is self-explanatory. There's an option for the number of pages you want to download. If you want to download all the pages from that chapter, enter -1. But there's a small glitch. After it downloads the last page, it'll just sit there. So you'll have to exit manually with L+R+DOWN+B. Sorry. You can also press Save Options on the manga download screen to save all the stuff you've typed. Then you can press Load Options later to load it all. So you don't need to type in long manga names again. When you enter the name for your manga, the path it'll be saved to will be automatically generated for you. If you don't like it, you can change it.
Here's my video tutorial:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpxrvbo8ya6ehck/MangaReader_1.8.zip?dl=0

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
To get hax2.5 exit right,you can add a MangaReader.xml file with this code
Code:
<services autodetect="false">
    <request priority="1">soc:U</request>
</services>

Riku358

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
that´s nice :D , but for those who doesn't understand english , is there a way to do it with another web page?

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
great! this homebrew is even better! i would like to put manga name, and "auto" gives you the chapter list! great work

D

Deleted User

OP
Version 1.8.7 is now out!
  • Auto detects the number of pages from a chapter
  • Removes two additional useless options on the title.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iywyaig6ig9c8mw/MangaReader_1.8.7.zip?dl=1

To get hax2.5 exit right,you can add a MangaReader.xml file with this code
Code:
<services autodetect="false">
    <request priority="1">soc:U</request>
</services>

Will that allow internet connection though?
Anyway, it actually does exit eventually. Just after several red screens.

And I doubt anybody actually uses that exit button. L+R+DOWN+B is so much easier.

that´s nice :D , but for those who doesn't understand english , is there a way to do it with another web page?

Well, I programmed to work specificity with just mangareader.net...
What language do you speak? Spanish?
If you can tell me a site that is in your language, I may look into support for it.
No promises though.

great! this homebrew is even better! i would like to put manga name, and "auto" gives you the chapter list! great work
The chapter list? Why would you want that? For the names of the chapters or something?

D

Deleted User

OP
Guess I can't read the new Dragon Ball Super manga on it.
Why not just find a place that his it in a format that's images?
mangareader.net has it.
(Assuming you're talking about Dragon Ball Super)

Spagem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't working for me. All I get is a black screen with a red screen on the bottom. Anyone know how to fix it?

-I've tried both IronHax and BrowserHax.
-I'm using an old 3DS on version 10.0.28

D

Deleted User

OP
This isn't working for me. All I get is a black screen with a red screen on the bottom. Anyone know how to fix it?

-I've tried both IronHax and BrowserHax.
-I'm using an old 3DS on version 10.0.28

That's strange.
Are you using *hax 2.5?
Latest boot.3dsx? (That's the 3dsx for smea's homebrew launcher)

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, I think so. I downloaded it from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ only two days ago.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right, but does this look correct to you?

View attachment 34697
Phew.
I believe I've found your problem.
It seems the MangaReader.3dsx has a smaller file size than it should have.
Yours is 1,048,576 while mine is a bit bigger than that.
I think it's possible that your 3dsx wasn't transferred properly when you did it so it got corrupted or something.

Try redownloading it and transferring it again.

My file sizes:
csxUQzp.png

Reactions: Spagem

Spagem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phew.
I believe I've found your problem.
It seems the MangaReader.3dsx has a smaller file size than it should have.
Yours is 1,048,576 while mine is a bit bigger than that.
I think it's possible that your 3dsx wasn't transferred properly when you did it so it got corrupted or something.

Try redownloading it and transferring it again.

My file sizes:
csxUQzp.png
That was exactly it; the problem is all fixed. Thanks so much for the help.

D

Deleted User

OP
The app doesn't show p when I launch Homebrew :(
You should've made a folder called MangaReader in the 3ds directory. /3ds/MangaReader/
There should be a MangaReader.3dsx file in that directory.
/3ds/MangaReader/MangaReader.3dsx

Verify that that file exists.

Elektrikery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should've made a folder called MangaReader in the 3ds directory. /3ds/MangaReader/
There should be a MangaReader.3dsx file in that directory.
/3ds/MangaReader/MangaReader.3dsx

Verify that that file exists.
Oh I got it working. Didn't realize I had to change the folder name to just "Mangareader"...

thanks

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh I got it working. Didn't realize I had to change the folder name to just "Mangareader"...

thanks

Just as a future reference, the folder name needs to be the same name as the 3dsx name or the homebrew launcher won't detect it.

Glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries