Celediel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
burning.moe
XP
Country
United States
no I'm on luma 7.0.4, because everytime I want to update to 7.1, it says failed cause I didn't have arm9loaderhax.bin, but it's literally there

Either install it manually, or install this fork of Luma Updater. If you're not running Luma 7.1, you're not using sighax. Make sure you follow the guide to the letter.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im running into a bug. When nintendo 3ds login pops up, i type in "root". Then when password pops up, i try to type root, but nothing happens. No key works except for enter.

D

Deleted User

That worked, thanks. What should i type afterwards when it gives me the pound sign and im free to type in the cmd?

You can type "/start-weston.sh", followed by Enter, to start the GUI. Pressing "select" will allow you to control the mouse. You currently can't do much else, unfortunately.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can type "/start-weston.sh", followed by Enter, to start the GUI. Pressing "select" will allow you to control the mouse. You currently can't do much else, unfortunately.
Runs better than linux on my pc somehow. Anyway thanks for the help. Cant wait to see more custom os's on the 3ds.

ureru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really hope that boot9strap and other new developments will lead to much increased interest in projects like this. Now that we can do whatever we want with our consoles for the most part, most of what remains is actually doing whatever we want with them! And making a linux distro for the 3DS is a *great* step in that direction, honestly it may even be the best possible step in that direction based on what little I know.

Thanks so much for making this and even updating it to support sighax!

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really hope that boot9strap and other new developments will lead to much increased interest in projects like this. Now that we can do whatever we want with our consoles for the most part, most of what remains is actually doing whatever we want with them! And making a linux distro for the 3DS is a *great* step in that direction, honestly it may even be the best possible step in that direction based on what little I know.

Thanks so much for making this and even updating it to support sighax!

It'll be a pretty big undertaking, since we're still missing a bunch of things in the A9LH/sighax environment:

- No sound
- No touchscreen support (you can draw to the bottom screen, but no way to get input from it yet, as far as I am aware) I stand corrected, Xerpi's apparently added this. My mistake. You can see it in action if you start Weston.
- No wifi

That said, hopefully we see wifi at the very least someday.

Last edited by daxtsu,

goose121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh-oh... I'm stuck on a black screen & can't even hold down the power button to power off... This may be a problem. Any advice?
Never mind, I just didn't know how to use New Luma

Last edited by goose121,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh