OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Clone of Lemmings. Version 0.6.3

Setup:
Download the attatched file lemmings.zip. It contains .cia and .3dsx version.
Fill the subfolders of the /3ds/lemmings folder with data from DOS Lemmings (see README.txt files in these subfolders). These files are not included in the archive since they are protected by copyright law. In order to run the software, at least one subfolder must be filled. You may fill any combination of subfolders, depending on the Lemmings games you own.
There exist free demo versions, which contain 4–5 levels each. All demos are supported by Lemmings for 3DS. Since they were released for free, it should be legal to link to a download location. You can find free demo versions of Lemmings games here.

Source code: https://github.com/esoteric-programmer/lemmings_3ds

Known issues and wish list: https://github.com/esoteric-programmer/lemmings_3ds/issues

Version 0.6.3
- Completed ratings are marked with an asterisk in 1p level selection menu
- Play a custom sound when lemming falls out of the level
- Bugfixes

Version 0.6.2
- Data for CIA version can be loaded from /3ds/lemmings now
- Introduced cache to reduce start-up time
- CIA file uses homebrew logo now
- Bugfix

Version 0.6.1
- Bugfixes (note: multiplayer mode is not compatible with v0.6)

Version 0.6
- Added 2 player mode via 3DS local wifi connection
- In-game background color can be switched to dark blue (AMIGA style)
- Direct drop glitch can be disabled in settings menu

Version 0.5.1
- Fixed lemming start position

Version 0.5
- Added settings menu
- Bugfix

Version 0.4
- Added custom sounds and music
- Audio settings are saved now
- Fixed level: Wicked 2
- Corrected fade-in and fade-out time
- Removed sf2d
- Cleaned up source

Version 0.3.1
- Added sound effects of traps
- Added congratulation messages for finishing all levels of a game
- Bugfix

Version 0.3
- Added audio

Version 0.2.3
- Added error screens
- Bugfixes

Version 0.2.2
- Support demo versions:
- Original Lemmings Demo
- Oh No! More Lemmings Demo
- Holiday Lemmings 1993 Demo
- Holiday Lemmings 1994 Demo
- Cleaned source
- Source release
- Bugfixes

Version 0.2.1
- Support Xmas and Holiday Lemmings
- Bugfix

Version 0.2
- Support "Oh no! More Lemmings" -> introduced folder structure (see README.txt)
- Timer runs 13% slower (previously it was too fast)
- Wrap around during level selection: FUN30 <-> FUN01; TRICKY30 <-> TRICKY01; and so on
- Start-up time reduced
- exit game with L+R (only in main menu)
- added left handed control (see README.txt)

Version 0.1
- Initial release

Attachments

• lemmings.zip
    632.8 KB · Views: 819
Last edited by bayleef,

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clone of Lemmings for DOS.

Setup:
Copy the files from original DOS Lemmings into the same folder as the lemmings.3dsx file. These files are not included since they are protected by copyright law. Don't use "Oh No! More Lemmings!" or "Holiday Lemmings", because they are not supported yet.

Still in (very slow) development, so some features are missing. At the moment, I still try to learn how to use DSP service to add sound to the game...

Freakin' /awesome/ ... Any chance you can make a .cia of this too? I know it's a bit troublesome with the copyrighted assets since you can't just pack it all in RomFS, but being able to install it directly would be nice. It might need a hardcoded path so the files don't have to go in the root of the SD card though.

bayleef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Freakin' /awesome/ ... Any chance you can make a .cia of this too?
Not for now. I was not smart enough to create a working rsf file - even for a test program that does not read anything from SD card. Maybe I will work on it later (I can't promise), but at the moment support for "Oh No! More Lemmings" and "Holiday Lemmings" has priority (since it should not be too much effort). Afterwards I want to focus on DSP (don't know whether I will succeed playing the music, but I hope I could play the FX sound at least). If all these things work, I could try again to create a CIA file...

Is this a port of this project?
http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/
This one was AMAZING!!!
No, I have implemented it from scratch. However, when I finish implementing my own wishlist (so maybe never ;)), I may implement user wishes (like "make it more like Lemmings for DS)

Last edited by bayleef,

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for now. I was not smart enough to create a working rsf file - even for a test program that does not read anything from SD card. Maybe I will work on it later (I can't promise), but at the moment support for "Oh No! More Lemmings" and "Holiday Lemmings" has priority (since it should not be too much effort). Afterwards I want to focus on DSP (don't know whether I will succeed playing the music, but I hope I could play the FX sound at least). If all these things work, I could try again to create a CIA file...
If you're using a Makefile environment, just grab a copy of Steveice10's buildtools repo on github, put it in a 'buildtools' subfolder, then copy the Makefile from FBI's repo and tweak it for your libs and give it a new name/uniqueid/description for your project.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent, sounds like it might not be quite ready to replace Lemmings DS yet, but I thoroughly support this venture and will be keeping an eye on it :)

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this. I LOVE Lemmings. I remember getting the Amiga original for Christmas when it was first released. Can't wait to give this a try. Thank you!

Reactions: dpad_5678

bayleef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to encourage you to post wished features (or issues) that are not listed in the original post yet. I cannot promise to implement any of them, but I think such a list helps me making the game better.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Really enjoying playing Lemmings on my 3DS :) Just a quick suggestion: please could you make either R or A function as the fast-forward button in addition to L? I'm left-handed, so having L bound to fast-forward is slightly annoying as it means I have to remove the stylus from the screen to press it. If it was bound to R or A, I could hold the 3DS with my right hand and do all the button controls with my thumb and index finger, and keep the stylus in my left hand :)

bayleef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please could you make either R or A function as the fast-forward button in addition to L?
Download version 0.2 and create a file names LEFTHANDED.DAT in the same directory as lemmings.3dsx to swap L and R.

watched thread for when theres Oh No! more lemmings Support
The original post has just been updated. Simply download version 0.2 (and report any bugs). Notice that the folder structure has changed. Please move the files from original Lemmings into the subfolder "orig".
Oh No! More Lemmings can be accessed by setting the rate greater than "Mayhem" (or by leaving the "orig" folder empty. However, in the second case the original levels will be missing of course).

Last edited by bayleef,
Reactions: Cid2mizard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1