[RELEASE] Leeful Exploit Host Menu for Self Host and ESP devices.

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Leeful, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    when you self host you only ever have to do it once to install it onto your PS4.
    When the menu has loaded in the browser or userguide it is automatically installed to the PS4's internal cache.
    From then on, whenever you start up your PS4 the menu will load from the PS4's cache. You dont have to run the sever from a PC every time.

jammybudga777 likes this.
  2. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    leeful, only problem i have found on your actual exploit host is, that sometimes the console shut down when applying the hen from auto-hen feature. Also sometimes appears the message saying 'There not more memory' or some like this. Also eventually the skin is not visible.. Al that from cache. But for all the others, works fine.

Maybe exist a way to have a less size cache version ?

Leeful likes this.
  3. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.:) The AutoHen feature is still experimental so I might be able to improve it.

My new menu should be ready for release soon, so I'll look into it after that is finished.
    I'll still be updating my old menu and working on X-Project with KiiWii so people will have a lot of choice in the Host menu they use.

UnT7oh, ItsmeAJ, Fgamer and 2 others like this.
  4. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Feb 8, 2018
    Italy
    The "There is not enough free system memory" it's a user front-end message that Sony decided to use when some error happens on the Webkit process (the web browser), it has nothing to do with memory.

Citation needed: https://cturt.github.io/ps4.html the "General protection faults" paraph.

Leeful likes this.
  5. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    ok, so it is not the cache size the reason of the message appears. Ok
    but the most scaring thing is that over 30 times applying the auto-hen, 1 time the console shutdown with no LED light. When that happen, it is complex to start it again, the console refuse to do it for a moment.... fortunatelly once it restarts and after db check, all is correct....

Leeful likes this.
  6. Fgamer

Fgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2012
    That happens after a kernel panic, it's completely normal.

Last edited by Fgamer, Nov 10, 2019
    Leeful likes this.
  7. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    yes but the kernel panics happen applying a hen ? i mean, just in the moment that we run the payload. Fortunatelly like i said, the console refuse to restart, but after some second and with the power button it does restart, but with the db corrupt checking.

In my case all actions are from cache... so i dont know why happen that kernel panic.

8. ItsmeAJ

ItsmeAJ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    KP happens not only with hen, but also other payloads such as fan control, db & gs backup or ftp one. I've seen them all despite of running from cache, web or eps8266 devices. At the moment, we user cant avoid that completely until someone find better ways.

And you'd better appreciate current hen 2.1.1 because kernel panic rate was significantly reduced than previous versions on 5.05.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ, Nov 12, 2019
    Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  9. xunsus

xunsus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Algeria
    Hey @arfgh, i already said this in the X-Project thread but try using a static theme instead of a dynamic one (if you have one) it drastically lowerd the kernal panic rate for me

Leeful likes this.
  10. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Kernel panics usually have nothing to do with hen or any other payload. Kernel panics usually occur during or straight after the kernel patching process.
    Whenever you first run any payload after your PS4 has booted it basically goes through 3 stages.
    • 1. First it runs a webkit exploit to gain basic access to the system.
    • 2. When it has basic access it then runs the kernel exploit to patch the kernel and gain furthur access.
    • 3. Once the kernel has been patched it then loads and runs the actual payload. Either Hen, FTP, BinLoader or whatever payload you selected.
    Once the first payload has run on your PS4 and loaded correctly you will notice that all payloads you run after that load slightly faster.
    This is because they do not have to do step 2 anymore because the kernel is already patched.
    This is also why you dont get kernel paincs with other payloads you select after Hen has already been run.

There is another kind of 'soft' kernel panic that only occurs when you turn off your PS4. This usually happens when you run a lot of payloads after one another. (using Fan Control over and over is a good example of this)
    You might not notice this at first because your system runs fine but when you shut it down the 'soft' kernel panic happens. The next time you turn on your PS4 you will notice that you have to press the power button twice to turn it on. (just like after a normal kernel panic)

I visualise the kernel patching process and kernel panics like this:

Imagine you are trying to jump through the open doors onto a fast moving bus.
    Sometimes you jump cleanly through the open doors and everything is fine (Successful kernel exploit):)
    Other times you miss and Splat! (Instant Kernel panic) :sad:
    Sometimes you make it through the doors but hit the sides on the way in. (Hen appears to load OK but it kernel panics a few seconds later!):wacko:
    You try and jump onto moving bus but the doors are firmly closed! (You are not on 5.05 firmware and will never get in!):rofl:

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 12, 2019
    luckyguy88 and Fgamer like this.
  11. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    ^^ a dynamic theme matters on the hen loading ?

Leeful likes this.
  12. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Not so much a dynamic theme but any animation happening during the loading process.

It doesnt matter about the theme of a menu. All that matters is what is happening on screen when the kernel patching process is happening.
    On any exploit menu even the original white page with a rotating circle animation you will notice the animation stutters slightly when the kernel is being patched.

I too made the most basic loading Hen loading page with no animations, just plain text and I seemed to have less kernel panics but It may just be a placebo effect. Kernel panics still happened but not as often.

As I just mentioned, this could just be a placebo effect because I have also loaded X-Project, my old menu and my new menu many times in a row without any kernel panics.

Anyway as a precaution, in my new menu I have made sure that any loading animations do NOT happen while the initial kernel patching process is being run.

Also as I mentioned in a previos post, kernel panics have nothing to do with Hen itself, It's the kernel patching process before hen is loaded that causes a kernel panic.
    It just so happens that everyone gets a kernel panic with Hen because this is the very first exploit that everyone runs.

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 14, 2019
    KiiWii likes this.
  13. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Here is an example of what I have done with my new menu.

https://streamable.com/p5ysq

When the console is first turned on and you need to run Hen, there is no animation while the kernel is being patched.
    The loading animation only starts once the kernel has been patched and the Hen part starts to load.
    When Hen has already been run the kernel has already been patched it doesnt matter any more so the loading animation starts instantly when I run the FTP or any other payload.

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 14, 2019
    KiiWii and xunsus like this.
  14. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    it looks amazing leeful. That style is simple the best.

Leeful likes this.
  15. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    soo Leeful, abount the Kernel panics you are saying that the way to avoid them in high percent is just run hen with pattience, that means, give the console time on each execution.... the console boots, 1 minute or some to get into webkit, and 1 more minute to run payload, is that ?

Leeful likes this.
  16. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    I find with my ps4 pro when I turn it on it's better to not have my external hard drive plugged in and let it fully boot up for a minute or two. If i try with my hard drive plugged in the second it's booted then I often get kernel panic too.

Leeful likes this.
  17. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    France
    Morocco
    snip

18. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thats correct. Its always best to take things slow. Kernel panics will still happen from time to time but it's good practice to always wait a little before running hen.
    Another tip is, if you have just rebooted after a kernel painc, restart the PS4 yourself again. This usually stops you having 2 kernel panics in a row.

I totally agree.
    I have been making some new payloads to backup and restore save data and trophys so I have been using a USB drive a lot.
    While testing out these payloads I have had a lot of kernel panics happen running hen because the USB drive has been left plugged in.

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 16, 2019
    jammybudga777 and KiiWii like this.
  19. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    how goes leeful that wonderful new skin for your exploit host. So hyped for what you showed xddd

Leeful likes this.
  20. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Should be releasing it in the next day or so.:D:D

Just finishing up a new method to install it from a USB drive.
    So there will be the regular PC self host install options, ESP install option, Andrioid install option and a USB install option.
    All will install the menu to the PS4 Browser and/or the Userguide (except the Android server wich only installs to the PS4 Browser).

I've also created 11 new Backup and Restore payloads for Save Games, Trophy Data, App Databases, Offline Cache and a HDD Upgrade Tool payload that will backup and restore all of your Save Games, Trophies and Offline Cache if you ever need to upgrade your PS4's HDD.:)

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 26, 2019
    xunsus, ItsmeAJ, Fgamer and 1 other person like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted