Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,836,062
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there any way to quickly backup like, all save data of every installed game (minus i'd guess dsi and gba stuff) for an eventual system transfer?
i wouldn't mind having to reinject the saves on a per case basis later, but the thought of having to back 140 or so titles manually makes my head spin

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to quickly backup like, all save data of every installed game (minus i'd guess dsi and gba stuff) for an eventual system transfer?
i wouldn't mind having to reinject the saves on a per case basis later, but the thought of having to back 140 or so titles manually makes my head spin
Press R on the title select menu and everything should turn red. Hit Y and it will grab the data for anything it can open. Save + Extdata.

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Press R on the title select menu and everything should turn red. Hit Y and it will grab the data for anything it can open. Save + Extdata.
Where will these backups be stored?

I hit Y while the cursor is on a title, but I could not find the backups on my sd card in sd:/JKSV/Saves/<title>.
I did not press R, because I only want to backup a specific title with the auto backup function. How can I do that?

Last edited by Puddies,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I hit Y while the cursor is on a title, but I could not find the backups on my sd card in sd:/JKSV/Saves/<title>.
I did not press R, because I only want to backup a specific title with the auto backup function. How can I do that?
You have to select it first with L, then Y. It should turn red when you hit L. R is a shortcut for select all.

Reactions: Puddies

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe your games uses ExtData instead of Saves, like Monster Hunter Generations.

JK, Thank you so much for this wonderful app. I'd like to humbly make a couple suggestions.
1) Autobackup on any save restore. Would have saved my bacon here and there...
2) System App Autoback functionality like for Games, so I can just hit save, and it saves in a date folder.

Reactions: Puddies

Azumanga88

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pls help me, you make this look too much easy for a newbie !

I Have a New 3DS XL, NO CFW, and i'm looking at the SD Card: I only got the folder DCIM and Nintendo 3DS, where i should put this program ?

Like this ? D:\JKSM !?

Then how i activate it from the 3DS ?

Last edited by Azumanga88,

kode54

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kode54.net
XP
Country
United States
Bug(?): When you have no sd/cia titles installed the popout saying "No installed titles were found" doesnt go away after pressing A or touching the button
Using a9lh o3ds xl , jk save manager cia version
I am experiencing this same bug with the latest version, with the same a9lh o3ds, JK Save Manager cia version installed using FBI QR code, and I have two SD/CIA titles installed using CIA, as dumped using Hourglass9.

E: Never mind, I forgot to scan for titles first. But it's still sticking on the "No installed titles were found." dialog when I select SD/CIA without scanning first.

Last edited by kode54,

Hydramaster635

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question regarding the save manager. I downloaded the 3dsx file and tried to export the extra data for my fire emblem fates cartridge. When I selected to export the extra data though, it just showed "new" in green letters, and the 3ds froze. Got any ideas as to what I did wrong?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Pls help me, you make this look too much easy for a newbie !

I Have a New 3DS XL, NO CFW, and i'm looking at the SD Card: I only got the folder DCIM and Nintendo 3DS, where i should put this program ?

Like this ? D:\JKSM !?

Then how i activate it from the 3DS ?
You must put it in sdmc:/3ds/JKSM/JKSM.3dsx

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, can I use JKSM to get game save data from an old SD card I used before I modded my 3DS?
If you formatted and when you use the card the data doesn't show up, nope.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
What do I want to be using to do this, then? Is it possible to get the saves off of the SD card?
Those saves are encrypted. Unless you have a NAND backup of before you formatted, I know no way of decrypting them.

PentaStolenByMe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i can make of every zelda 3ds game a save file with this tool but i dont work with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds (card) and Zelda Hyrule Warriors (eshop download) help pls :)
btw: i get a yellow screen if i try to start it in homebrew launcher with this two games.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for asking this for third time, but...

Is this savemanager going to work someday with Rhythm Thief (Europe)?

It's an old game from early 2012, it uses 2.0 or 3.0 of 3DS firmware, I need to transfer my save from my digital copy to the physical cartridge, but any of they work, both get a yellow screen.

I use the .3dsx and it works with another titles but not this one, I would really apreciate if anyone can research about this kind of save for this savemanager, isn't the full compatibility the goal? I mean, if you people know where are the errors, you can complete it before trying to research game by game.

Thank you for everyone who have helped me in the past or the future with this :)

Tiffxs

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there, nice work, it works great to backup my save files and transfer them from my 3DSs!

But, i also have and issue and i want to know if is possible to solve with de savemager. Theres is the thing: i have an unlocked "original" New3DSXL with a digital copy of Animal Crossing and since it is my favorite game and i have 800h+ save file in there i would like to storage this save file on a physical Animal Crossing cartrigde, so i can be able to play that save file in any 3DS, even the unlocked ones.

There is any way i can instal homebrew or savemager without full unlock the 3DS (like only install homebrew)? And the savemager can help me on that?

Thanks!

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update for anyone wondering: I've got a lot going on right now. I'm not ignoring you guys, I just haven't been able to sit down and go at it too much lately.

@Tiffxs
If you can use the CIA, you can just pop the cart in and backup from the SD copy and move it to the cart no problem. 3DSX would just require targeting the digital copy first, then the cart.

@Feroz El Mejor
The game might need an mmap XML even if it's not a 9.6+ title. I know there are a few games that never worked quite right with *hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIbOZmwvI