Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,843,892
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243
D

Deleted User

I wish I was in his situation haha because I REALLY wanna give a hardmod a go haha. I'm used to doing some basic soldering so I think I'd be good, but obviously I'm not gonna try it on my already hacked consoles just for the heck of it :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aw, then a hardmod is the only option for you right now. I can't recommend hacking the 3DS enough though, it is really so useful. It breaks no functionality, it doesn't make any functions unusable or make you more prone to banning in any way, it's just like a normal console but with actual access to it, so if you ever get an opportunity, do not hesitate! :)
So if i had a physical copy I wouldnt have any issues with it you dont think?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% certain, but if he can get his hands on a physical copy - even if just borrowing it from a friend/etc - it may be possible to access the downloaded version's ext data that way. I know I got it to work with Fantasy Life a while back (I created the save via a physical copy and when loading an installed CIA of the game the save was still there and accessible from the cia install [on my 9.0 CFW 2DS])

Last edited by iSharingan,
D

Deleted User

I'm not 100% certain, but if he can get his hands on a physical copy - even if just borrowing it from a friend/etc - it may be possible to access the downloaded version's ext data that way. I know I got it to work with Fantasy Life a while back (I created the save via a physical copy and when loading an installed CIA of the game the save was still there and accessible from the cia install [on my 9.0 CFW 2DS])
So I am SOL? Spent 40$ on a sd reader and sd card and ocarina of time and spent like all day troubleshooting this haha.

Last edited by ,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am SOL?
Actually, you might not be. Look up that FLsavetool I linked on the other thread and find who made it. they may be able to modify a version of it to work MHGen (the FL save tool is just a modified SVDT, iirc, keyed exclusively into Fantasy Life's ext data regardless of medium that created it). This ofc also assumes MHGen works the same way and the EXT data is entirely separate form the digital copy's game data, which is likely the case.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here we go. A 3dsx-based extdata dump tool (the one originally modified specifically for Fantasy Life). If it doesnt work straight as-is, it should be easy to tweak from the source code (again, as was the case with Fantasy Life)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/

Note: as the FLsavemanager apparently exports FL data in a different format than JKSV, it's possible this may export MHGen data different too - making possible incompatibility with APM's editor a possibility. Then again, it was mentioned that the FLsavetool was designed specifically for a FL editor, too, so that may be the reason for the different save formats (FL uses an inverted byte order, most notably for item/armor storage that may or may not be different from how MHGen saves its data)

Last edited by iSharingan,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha. Keep in mind that he only has homebrew access btw!
I don't see the point in making a CIA for it, honestly.
here we go. A 3dsx-based extdata dump tool (the one originally modified specifically for Fantasy Life). If it doesnt work straight as-is, it should be easy to tweak from the source code (again, as was the case with Fantasy Life)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/
I was just going to do region detection and rip the openExtData out of my manager to make it real quick.

Susano638

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always the possibility that JK will make a tool specifically for dumping MHG extdata that doesn't need a target if you can wait a bit. No need to buy another copy.

If you did this I would be extremely grateful. I'm on 11.0, not willing to hardmod, but would love to play around with a mhgen save!

Susano638

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go. Keep an extra good backup somewhere please. I gave it a quick test run and gave myself 99 potions, but you never know. It exports to SD:/MHG. If there's any issues, I'll try to fix them ASAP, but I need to sleep.

Worked perfectly! Thanks so much JK!!!

Reactions: Shadowfied

zehiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.
First of all, thank you for your work.
I looked at the pages of the forum; Unfortunately I am lost.
I just installed "Homebrew Launcher". (From: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare)
I succeeded.
But now ... I do not know how to install the "savedatafile" or "JK Savamanager" :(
I am 10.5.26.
Can someone explain to me step by step? I will be highly grateful.

I really need a helping hand.

Many thanks <3

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the dumb question, but is there a function to save all the games (and even the system apps like mii plaza) savegames all at once?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the dumb question, but is there a function to save all the games (and even the system apps like mii plaza) savegames all at once?
There isn't, sadly.

Hello.
First of all, thank you for your work.
I looked at the pages of the forum; Unfortunately I am lost.
I just installed "Homebrew Launcher". (From: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare)
I succeeded.
But now ... I do not know how to install the "savedatafile" or "JK Savamanager" :(
I am 10.5.26.
Can someone explain to me step by step? I will be highly grateful.

I really need a helping hand.

Many thanks <3
Download the latest zip here. Put the "3ds" and "JKSV" folder in SD root, then you will find it in the Homebrew Launcher :)

PS: If you're not already running CFW, you should definitely go ahead and set up A9LH so you can use CIA versions.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't, sadly.

Download the latest zip here. Put the "3ds" and "JKSV" folder in SD root, then you will find it in the Homebrew Launcher :)

PS: If you're not already running CFW, you should definitely go ahead and set up A9LH so you can use CIA versions.

I already got a .cia installed and it is version 3/25/2016.
so bad, then I guess I have to click all the games manually.

Last edited by naddel81,

zehiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the return.
I have access to the manager. But I can not find my backup.
This indicates "Error Opening Exdata! Title May not use it." ...
I have started a game with 20h and +.
For information, I made my save of my NEW 3DS ... And I installed a HomBLauncher on my OLD3DS .... Is that the reason?
I have used the same SD card ...
How to transfer the save to another console?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the return.
I have access to the manager. But I can not find my backup.
This indicates "Error Opening Exdata! Title May not use it." ...
I have started a game with 20h and +.
For information, I made my save of my NEW 3DS ... And I installed a HomBLauncher on my OLD3DS .... Is that the reason?
I have used the same SD card ...
How to transfer the save to another console?
Which game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: My original one +1