Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,848,969
  • Replies 3,687
  • Likes 243

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
So I bought Super Mystery Dungeon, but it won't arrive here until next week. Would it be possible to start a save file in a .cia installed game and then transfer it to the cart later when it arrives using this?
May I ask, just out of curiosity, why play on cart? :P
I often download games to try them out, then buy them to put them on my shelf and support the developers, but I don't wanna bother with the physical carts, so I just leave it there :P

D

Deleted User

I get the following error when attempting to use this- Error opening save archive! anyone have any idea how to fix this?

D

Deleted User

Start the game once, let it initialize it's save data. Or, if it's MonHun / Fantasy Life, you export the ExtData.
I have attempted both options. also is it supposed to ask what game I would like to extract from BEFORE that menu comes up or is it after I select which type of data to export? I am trying this for monhun btw :) If i use a older boot it doesnt ask me to select a target, but if i use the latest in the starter pack it asks me to select a target, but red screens when run

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I have attempted both options. also is it supposed to ask what game I would like to extract from BEFORE that menu comes up or is it after I select which type of data to export? I am trying this for monhun btw :) If i use a older boot it doesnt ask me to select a target, but if i use the latest in the starter pack it asks me to select a target, but red screens when run
I'm not too familiar with the .3dsx version, sorry. You'll have to wait to hear from @JK_ or someone else who may know.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mind throwing this into your mmap folder and trying again with the newer boot? It's an XML for MHG I just made. I don't know if it'll help or not, but it can't hurt to try.

Attachments

• 0004000000187000.zip
    430 bytes · Views: 171
Reactions: Shadowfied
D

Deleted User

Do you mind throwing this into your mmap folder and trying again with the newer boot? It's an XML for MHG I just made. I don't know if it'll help or not, but it can't hurt to try.
mmap? which directory is that?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's using the 3dsx version on a 11.0 o3DS through nothing but oothax. there is no mmap folder. I suspect it may be that the 3dsx version doesn't scan installed titles, unless the filter.txt file actually does something for the 3dsx contrary to what you wrote in the readme included with it

Note: I only know bc I'm using the same setup, but on a n3DS and with a physical cart and not a downloaded version of MHGen (plus this issue was brought up first in APM's thread for the appropriate save editor)

Last edited by iSharingan,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmap? which directory is that?
On your SD card's root, there should be a folder named "mmap" filled with XML files for the HBL to use with 9.6+ games. If not, just make a folder named mmap on your SD and put the XML in the zip inside it. Use the newer boot that supports these and see if it fixes the red screen.

D

Deleted User

Still a red screen even after I put the xml file inside of a mmap on the root of the sd card... he is correct that I am indeed on a downloaded version of the game.

D

Deleted User

I am unsure of how to use the cia tool and thats why I was suggested to just us the 3dsx version if you guys could guide me through using the .cia version that would be very good.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh guess it's time for a hardmod :)
I wish I was in his situation haha because I REALLY wanna give a hardmod a go haha. I'm used to doing some basic soldering so I think I'd be good, but obviously I'm not gonna try it on my already hacked consoles just for the heck of it :P

Aw, then a hardmod is the only option for you right now. I can't recommend hacking the 3DS enough though, it is really so useful. It breaks no functionality, it doesn't make any functions unusable or make you more prone to banning in any way, it's just like a normal console but with actual access to it, so if you ever get an opportunity, do not hesitate! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.