Homebrew [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 239,215
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 40

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded it, there is an issue with the zip package. It errors while extract. Also took 5 mins or so to download....
Nothing wrong with the zip. It's either chrome (if you use that) or your AV being stupid for no good reason. No idea why it took 5 mins to download, it's only like 3mb or so.
There's nothing malicious about it, but make sure to "unblock" it after it's done downloading (unless you use a download manager then you shouldn't have to). Right click > properties > unblock > apply > ok.
And if that doesn't help... use 7zip...

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with the zip. It's either chrome (if you use that) or your AV being stupid for no good reason. No idea why it took 5 mins to download, it's only like 3mb or so.
There's nothing malicious about it, but make sure to "unblock" it after it's done downloading (unless you use a download manager then you shouldn't have to). Right click > properties > unblock > apply > ok.
And if that doesn't help... use 7zip...

Chrome may have been the issue. I'm not too worried about it. Bat is working as it should now, thanks.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Chrome may have been the issue. I'm not too worried about it. Bat is working as it should now, thanks.
Nah i think it's probably the 7zip thing to be honest, other people have had issues extracting other stuff I've shared and i usually zip it with 7zip because, well it has better compression. :)

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah i think it's probably the 7zip thing to be honest, other people have had issues extracting other stuff I've shared and i usually zip it with 7zip because, well it has better compression. :)
7zip is all I ever use. It was not the issue. I looked through the thread, I'm not the only one that had issues with the download not extracting.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
A little update from me on the GUI version front. For anyone who cares, which is probably no one. lol

I'm in the process of converting the batch files used with this to pure C# code. Attempting.... and slow succeeding though. :D

So the goal for me is, well, to learn more C# because i like it and also make it an all in one app (besides the external programs, ctrtool etc, nothing i can do about that).
And actually properly release the source for anyone who cares when i finish it, whenever that is. Only doing it bit by bit at the moment.

Just a little project for me i guess. :)

Reactions: d0k3

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
For some reason, injecting isn't working for me :/
3ds specs: N3dsXL; sysNand - 9.2.0-20 U; emuNand - 10.5.0-30 U. Running on Reinand.

Here's what I did.

1. Opened Decrypt9WIP from sysNand.
2. Then emuNAND options -> Health and Safety dump -> Dump as hs.app
3. Put it in Input folder of UniversalInjectGenerator along with BBM.
4. Ran go.bat, it did it's thing. Then renamed Big_blue_menu_with_banner.app to hs.app and replaced the one in root of my SD.
5. Ran Decrypt9WIP again from sysNand.
6. Then emuNAND options -> Health and Safety Inject -> Inject hs.app
7. When I injected BBM and went into H&S app from emuNAND(Reinand). I got this:

9PgNrvW.jpg

When I inject Devmenu, the app opens, but fails to install ANY CIAs no matter how many times I try. It shows this each time:

QmJK004.jpg

When I inject FBI, I can open it again, but fails to install ANY CIA like Devmenu :/ Here's the error thingy:

xKYV4Zp.jpg

Can anyone help me?? Thanks a lot!! :D

EDIT: The only thing I'm able to install(using Devmenu) is DSFlashcardWhitelistPatch.cia, everything/anything else doesn't install :/

Last edited by HariGp,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For some reason, injecting isn't working for me :/
3ds specs: N3dsXL; sysNand - 9.2.0-20 U; emuNand - 10.5.0-30 U. Running on Reinand.

Here's what I did.

1. Opened Decrypt9WIP from sysNand.
2. Then emuNAND options -> Health and Safety dump -> Dump as hs.app
3. Put it in Input folder of UniversalInjectGenerator along with BBM.
4. Ran go.bat, it did it's thing. Then renamed Big_blue_menu_with_banner.app to hs.app and replaced the one in root of my SD.
5. Ran Decrypt9WIP again from sysNand.
6. Then emuNAND options -> Health and Safety Inject -> Inject hs.app
7. When I injected BBM and went into H&S app from emuNAND(Reinand). I got this:

9PgNrvW.jpg

When I inject Devmenu, the app opens, but fails to install ANY CIAs no matter how many times I try. It shows this each time:

QmJK004.jpg

When I inject FBI, I can open it again, but fails to install ANY CIA like Devmenu :/ Here's the error thingy:

xKYV4Zp.jpg

Can anyone help me?? Thanks a lot!! :D

EDIT: The only thing I'm able to install(using Devmenu) is DSFlashcardWhitelistPatch.cia, everything/anything else doesn't install :/
No signature patching? Incomplete downgrade? Though the second one is rather unlikely, as you could run Decrypt9. You are aware that even injected apps need signatures patched? This can't do magic ;).

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error with running the script on OSX,
tools/3dstool-linux: cannot execute binary file

Seems like I will have to run on windows or recompile these files specifically for OSX

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be great I currently can't inject due to not being able to run the terminal. Everytime it says it can't find the hs.app even though it is in the right folder.
That seems to be a separate issue... Are you absolutely sure it's named hs.app? With no other extension? OS X seems temperamental about its .app files (since they use the extension is a different way)

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That seems to be a separate issue... Are you absolutely sure it's named hs.app? With no other extension? OS X seems temperamental about its .app files (since they use the extension is a different way)

How would I be able to check that? It is weird since I unchecked the options to see the extension yet still nothing.

This is what I get:

Last login: Tue Feb 16 16:18:48 on ttys000

FerminSosLaptop:~ Santiago$ /Users/Santiago/Downloads/Universal-Inject-Generator-master/go.sh ; exit;

ERROR: hs.app not found

Please generate hs.app with Decrypt9 and put it into the input folder

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you can see extensions, or if you can't see extensions but it seems to have a .app at the end then you have a problem right there...

This is what I see: http://i.imgur.com/JniOOCi.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure you can see extensions, or if you can't see extensions but it seems to have a .app at the end then you have a problem right there...

More info about the file: http://i.imgur.com/zoYgGkA.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer