Homebrew [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 240,016
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 40

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll give it a shot in go.bat. From what I recall doing, quotes in process.bat won't work because %1 at that point is already a partial filename before the first space.

IcySon55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually ran that test though.

If we don't quote the filenames in go.bat then you get the following from tools\process.bat %%x input\hs.app when the CIA is "FBI v1.4.15.cia":

%1 = FBI
%2 = v1.4.15.cia
%3 = input\hs.app

Tested and that is the result. However I have fixed it by changing go.bat to: tools\process.bat "%%x" input\hs.app.

Edit: This change does not however produce success. A further bug is caused by the space in the filenames when the script reaches the REBUILD HS INJECT APP step. Looking into it now.

Edit 2: The script now fully supports multiple CIA injections and files with spaces in their names. See attachment!

Attachments

• Universal Inject Generator Patch.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by IcySon55,
Reactions: dark_samus3

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry got held up, nice work! I'm guessing that you needed the quotes around %1 too? (Haven't take a look yet)

EDIT: ahh I see what needed to happen, hadn't considered that, clever :) I'll end up adding that to the Linux script when I get a chance... If you have a github you should do a pull request on it

Last edited by dark_samus3,

IcySon55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't used GitHub enough to really understand it at all. I'd have no idea where to start. ^_^;;

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used GitHub enough to really understand it at all. I'd have no idea where to start. ^_^;;
First you'd make an account then you'd go to the github repo and click Fork at the top then you'd use the website (since that's easier than setting up git on your computer) to make whatever edits you need... Then you go back to the original git (where you clicked fork from) and click pull request, after that make sure to click on the "pull requests across forks" and then click on your fork, from there just hit submit and it can be merged... A bit of work, or so it seems at first, its actually really fast once you get it down

Last edited by dark_samus3,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand, what is cia manager?
is it big blue menu or what?

CIAs are files that can be installed and show up on the home menu, CIA stands for Cartridge Installable Archive, a CIA manager, (yes like bigbluemenu or FBI) is something that can install and uninstall them, this is meant to make installing one for the first time easier, you run Decrypt9 and extract hs.app from your system, use this tool and then Inject it into the health and safety application, effectively replacing it... The reason it's needed is mainly to start the process without needing an exploit game/app (like Cubic Ninja or similar) to start the process, hope this answers your question

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
CIAs are files that can be installed and show up on the home menu, CIA stands for Cartridge Installable Archive, a CIA manager, (yes like bigbluemenu or FBI) is something that can install and uninstall them, this is meant to make installing one for the first time easier, you run Decrypt9 and extract hs.app from your system, use this tool and then Inject it into the health and safety application, effectively replacing it... The reason it's needed is mainly to start the process without needing an exploit game/app (like Cubic Ninja or similar) to start the process, hope this answers your question
So if I replace health and safety, it gonna be replaced in sysnand or emunand?
What the point of putting the manger inside the setting app?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I replace health and safety, it gonna be replaced in sysnand or emunand?
What the point of putting the manger inside the setting app?

Depends where you want it, both are options within Deceypt9... The point is, you don't need homebrew to start the CIA installation process (you have to install a CIA to... Well install CIAs, kinda a chicken and egg problem...) So instead of installing anything we replace something already installed to start the process, though it would be much easier if a CIA manager could be launched from the browser

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having trouble even dumping the H&S from the sysNAND.
Dumps fine from the emuNAND.
sysNAND gives the following error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfdaqg0n4efve1r/20151211_192725.jpg?dl=0

O3DS with sysNAND 4.5.0-10U, emuNAND 10.3
Don't know what GW (if it was GW) did there, there is not really an explanation for a oversized TMD. We can try to get to the bottom of this. In that case we'd need the contents of your /title/00040010/00021300 directory from the SysNAND CTRNAND. Decrypt9 can dump that for you, and OSFmount can mount the image in Windows. Just shoot us (@dark_samus3 and me) a PM when you have the files.

Last edited by d0k3,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what GW (if it was GW) did there, there is not really an explanation for a oversized TMD. We can try to get to the bottom of this. In that case we'd need the contents of your /title/00040010/00021300 directory from the SysNAND CTRNAND. Decrypt9 can dump that for you, and OSFmount can mount the image in Windows. Just shoot us (@dark_samus3 and me) a PM when you have the files.
Wait so what's happening here is that the TMD in the NAND is bigger than D9 expected?

EDIT: also my 888th post haha

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4660 byte instead of 2868 byte - and as I said, there is no valid reason for it to be oversized.
my question was mainly, the usual size is fixed right? so D9 is detecting a bigger version than it was expecting? I'm pretty sure that's it, just want to be perfectly clear on what the issue is :)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my question was mainly, the usual size is fixed right? so D9 is detecting a bigger version than it was expecting? I'm pretty sure that's it, just want to be perfectly clear on what the issue is :)
Yup, that size is fixed at exactly 2868 byte. There would be an explanation for a slightly bigger file, but not for this.

Reactions: dark_samus3

amaru007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, lemme see how to do what you asked, and I'll get you what you need.

The O3ds was bought my parents in the states a few years ago (We're in the UK)
They got 2 for my kids, this one was connected to the net at some point and updated to 4.5.0-10U.
Other one was a 1.0.0, and I messed up and updated to 10.3, but thats another story.

I managed to follow the guides on here and install FBI in emu and sys NANDS, sysupdate and themehax to coldboot on my EUR 3ds.
Managed to install rxtools, inject the emuNAND with fbi on the 1st try and install cia's.
Whenever I tried to do the sysNAND, always got a "Health & Safety app missing!" error.
Followed the other injection guide, and managed to inject fbi into the h&S. Injected the nand into emuNAND, and it worked fine.
Can't write it back to sysNAND. Flashed the original NAND back for vanilla 3ds again.

Tried following this guide, and came across this error.

edit: the files i need to dump, is it: tittlekey decrypt > tittlekey (nand) or
sysnand options > file dump > dump tittle.db ?

edit2: ah nvm, think I figured out what you wanted :P

Last edited by amaru007,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, lemme see how to do what you asked, and I'll get you what you need.

The O3ds was bought my parents in the states a few years ago (We're in the UK)
They got 2 for my kids, this one was connected to the net at some point and updated to 4.5.0-10U.
Other one was a 1.0.0, and I messed up and updated to 10.3, but thats another story.

I managed to follow the guides on here and install FBI in emu and sys NANDS, sysupdate and themehax to coldboot on my EUR 3ds.
Managed to install rxtools, inject the emuNAND with fbi on the 1st try and install cia's.
Whenever I tried to do the sysNAND, always got a "Health & Safety app missing!" error.
Followed the other injection guide, and managed to inject fbi into the h&S. Injected the nand into emuNAND, and it worked fine.
Can't write it back to sysNAND. Flashed the original NAND back for vanilla 3ds again.

Tried following this guide, and came across this error.

edit: the files i need to dump, is it: tittlekey decrypt > tittlekey (nand) or
sysnand options > file dump > dump tittle.db ?

edit2: ah nvm, think I figured out what you wanted :P
Okay, I'm not 100% sure I got that right. You say you're SysNAND is back in vanilla state? That means never touched by anything but Nintendo's own update servers, especially not by rxTools, by GW, or by manual modifications? I did see your TMD and I have my doubts. This somewhat looks like either a rxTools screwup or a personal screwup, and the first one is more likely. Maybe you can give me more info?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...