Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess so. Sorry, but didn't see a point in changing my cia version just for my regions game when it's the same.
Another reason I could think of is having the system's region of DLC, as well as non-Japanese spotpass data. They're small things but some people prefer things to be proper. But yeah, if you're happy with what you have, there's no reason for you to change ^^

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason I could think of is having the system's region of DLC, as well as non-Japanese spotpass data. They're small things but some people prefer things to be proper. But yeah, if you're happy with what you have, there's no reason for you to change ^^
If I had a completed save I would truly give it to the community, but I have only unlocked the Great Sea Map and most if not all of the characters.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how did you do that?
Extracted the save from the Japanese version, extracted the save from the EU version. Then copied the zmha.bin file from the Jap save to the EU save, and reimported the EU save with the new zmha.bin ^^

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh it's that simple. i hope i have my japan save on my sd card some where..

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am curious... Why cheat ? It is no fun.
I cheat because I've done most of this on the Wii U already, and want my characters to be in the same place as that so I can continue the game on a portable system without repeating a load of stuff.

Really, if they just had a save transfer system, a lot of this wouldn't be necessary >.>

Reactions: I pwned U!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cheat because I've done most of this on the Wii U already, and want my characters to be in the same place as that so I can continue the game on a portable system without repeating a load of stuff.

Really, if they just had a save transfer system, a lot of this wouldn't be necessary >.>

Makes sense. ;)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have most of the characters up to max on the Wii U version, and I'd go insane doing it again but with even more characters this time around.

Oh ok. Not for me, thought. I am fine without a cheat if I am playing for the first time but I understand what you mean about replay.

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, I changed the folder name to the one of the EU release but it won't work.

Me too, I am using a USA version but does not work with EUR or USA version of the game so we might have to wait. Guess it was just Japan that it only works for.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the people on Speedfly and that Chinese website are being stingy with their addresses and source. If we had the source for ioritree's plug-in, it wouldn't be that hard to adapt it to the US and EU addresses. Seriously, we have all these plug-ins that seem to have been orphaned or abandoned that could be improved or ported to other regions if their creators would bother to release their source. But instead the 3DS cheat scene is suffering from fragmentation by region, type (Gateway or NTR) and by site. Until people decide to start sharing more, those who don't have plug-ins for their region will either have to learn how to build them themselves scratch for each region. The only other option I see is for someone to create a decompiler for NTR plug-ins so we can get the source from plug-ins whose creators can't be contacted/won't release it. Also, a dedicated site of some sort like GeckoCodes.org would help.

Edit:
Sorry for the rant, I'm just having flashbacks to the early 2000s when codes were all obfuscated by the likes of Datel and they had a strong hold over which games did or didn't get them.

Last edited by Ailuros27,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SebTH1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues;

OK, so I have the japanese cia file, so my friend linked me the PC Utility.

So i did what worked with ACNL's save editor.

open rei -> go to homebrew-> Savemanager -> choose HWL-> Export->bring to PC-> make backup -> edit save by changing 2 things for test (1 Link max EXP and max rupees) -> put back on SD -> go back through rei and load Homebrew -> back to save manager-> pick HWL -> IMPORT save.

from here, it auto goes back to the menuhax menu, I wait for rei's...crash.
but no issue, it should be applied right? Nope.

Load HWL to no changes, tested in battle as well, no EXP for link, no max rupees in bazzar.

what am i screwing up?

my rei's is 10.7.0-32U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)