Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, the version number in beta 80 will show as 79 because I forgot to build it again before syncing with GitHub. I pushed an update to the 3dsx to GitHub, but @ihaveamac's server has already cached the beta 80 file. But you'll know if you're on beta 80 if your HANS shortcuts show up ;)

GoYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And I just updated the launcher within a few seconds! Thank you again so much for all your amazing work!
While setting the colors for my theme, I just noticed that the "Top screen panel edge offset" does not give you a preview when you change it (anymore?). Would it be possible to change the colour of the panel and add an option for rounded edges? :)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, the version number in beta 80 will show as 79 because I forgot to build it again before syncing with GitHub. I pushed an update to the 3dsx to GitHub, but @ihaveamac's server has already cached the beta 80 file. But you'll know if you're on beta 80 if your HANS shortcuts show up ;)
I should include a (password protected?) page to force a cache update when this happens.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And I just updated the launcher within a few seconds! Thank you again so much for all your amazing work!
You're welcome! :)

While setting the colors for my theme, I just noticed that the "Top screen panel edge offset" does not give you a preview when you change it (anymore?).
Ahh, that's my fault. I added an override to force the panels to the full width for info/help pages. I forgot that on the panel settings page it needs to be drawn using the edge offset so you can actually see it ;) Hang on a sec and I'll change it and push another update.

Would it be possible to change the colour of the panel and add an option for rounded edges? :)
Colour yes - shouldn't be too difficult. Rounded edges would be harder as they're drawn using a built-in rectangle drawing function. I'll think about it though.

I should include a (password protected?) page to force a cache update when this happens.
Not a bad idea actually. The password could just be passed through the URL and captured with $_GET for simplicity.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to see HANS shortcuts added, the one feature I was waiting for so I could drop smea's launcher again. HANS shortcuts imo are pretty important and HANS is a big part of hax 2.5. It would be a shame if this launcher didn't support at a minimum all baseline features from the normal HBL.

Great job!

Last edited by kiwiis,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How you install Masher again? Only got boot.3dsx. No other folders like on the OP instructions;
"
  • Option 2
    • Download the archive attached to this post
    • Unzip it and copy boot.3dsx and the gridlauncher folder to the root of your SD card
    • This will copy the updater along with the launcher itself
    • Go into the settings within the launcher and choose the software update option"

Last edited by tivu100,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers is there a setting to turn animations off?
Yes. It's in the grid settings.

While setting the colors for my theme, I just noticed that the "Top screen panel edge offset" does not give you a preview when you change it (anymore?).
This is fixed now. Please update to beta 81 using the online updater :)

Reactions: BurningDesire

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems the launcher would freeze for a moment when changing folders now?
anyway,congratulations for shortcuts
Well, the folder scanning code is more elaborate now so it will take a little longer. I want to move the folder loading into a background thread like the title menu so the delay won't be as noticeable.

@mashers How about instead of drag and drop we hold X and then move the icons around with the dpad that would be nice :)
The issue is not with the drag and drop code. I can easily track touch drag and drop events and make the icons track the movement. The issue is with how to store the data representing the locations of the icons. This has already been discussed to death and I really don't want to get into it again. I've already said several times that I don't want to do it, and my feeling about this hasn't changed.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

juanm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is homemenuhax display-image setting compatible with this launcher? I keep trying to get it to work, but I just can't seem to do it.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
setting up a HANS shortcut for one of the following games:
  • Cubic Ninja
What do you need that for? Launching the Grid Launcher from the Grid Launcher? :lol:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@mashers Why does the Updater download Beta 81? I can't see any info about it here. Dafuq?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, a (probably) noob question, but how do I create Hans Shortcuts?

iamapie13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a good idea could be adding the floating squares from the original homebrew launcher on the background, btw this launcher version is awesome

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I get "Missing Title" when selecting the Mario Kart mod shortcut. Any ideas? And yeah, I have the game and I was playing the mod just fine yesterday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @NinStar, I usually stop around 8 lol if someone seems legit I stop at that one. Lol