Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From internet?
So it's useless for me because I prefer redownload from here, right?

If you want to download it with your computer, it would be best to go to this project's GitHub, download the raw boot1.3dsx file, rename it boot.3dsx and put it in your SD card like normal. The attachment on the thread, as OP said, won't always be up to date. The latest version is beta90, but the attachment on OP is beta88. Honestly, I would actually use the updater if you have internet on your 3DS. It's integrated into the grid launcher itself. You would just go to the update icon from settings and it grabs then applies the update for you.

Reactions: noctis90210

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From internet?
So it's useless for me because I prefer redownload from here, right?
the OP is no longer regularly updated because of the updater (which is far better if your 3DS has a reliable enoguh internet connection). if you really want to update using a computer, you have to get boot1.3dsx from https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu each time now.

Reactions: Selim873
D

Deleted User

Beta 88 broke svdt and ORGANIZ3D, it froze with black screen when I exit off, and same thing goes to Launcher updater thing. :(

Edit: ORGANIZ3D went fine sometimes.

Last edited by ,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@RedHat has explained to me that the audio pop is to do with the wav header being treated as audio. His commit trims this off the end of the file. Sorry for any confusion caused by my lack of understanding of the file format! :shy:

Assuming the auto-updater won't work with your branch?
@RedHat has made a pull request and I will be merging his changes to the main gridlauncher branch later today. These changes will then be available in the auto updater. If you don't want to wait until then, you can just download the 3dsx from RedHat's repo and update manually.

When switching between pages, are you drawing everything during each frame? If so, I would suggest creating two buffer frames, one of each page, then drawing a percentage of both of them several times. That would increase the frame rate because you would only have to draw two images before each render.
Yes everything draws with every frame. I could pre-render each grid once and only draw them during the transition, but I the frame rate needs to be increased so I don't think it's worth it.

To anyone having issues with crashing etc, please try deleting hbl.cfg and try again. I will look into the issue with the save manager when I get a chance.

By the way, some later versions have switched to the latest ctrulib branch. I don't know for sure but this might break compatibility with hax 1.1 / 2.1. You should update to hax 2.5.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Probably. I have no idea how the .bin files are made, I just messed around with loading them to the frame buffer directly.

It just automagically loads ./menuhax_imagedisplay.bin. Note the ./, meaning it will try and load it from its current directory, so if the file ./menuhax_imagedisplay.bin does not exist it will only show black. I have no clue on how to create them at the moment. (other than using Homemenuhax 2.0).
Thanks I got it to work by converting my 800x240 picture with this tool http://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html
It works and I've just released a theme with all the new features and a splash screen included. :yay:

D

Deleted-236924

By the way, some later versions have switched to the latest ctrulib branch. I don't know for sure but this might break compatibility with hax 1.1 / 2.1. You should update to hax 2.5.
Some people cannot update to 2.5 though, for whatever reason. Might not be realistic to ask to compile it for 2.1 and 2.5 every time since it's most likely way less people, but in that case, a warning should be added to the first post with the latest working version for 2.1

(Mostly people running oot3dhax who don't have any other entry points.)

On that note, the launcher seems to be working fine for 2.1 for me, latest beta as of now (90)
Probably only breaks compatibility with 1.1b

Last edited by ,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RedHat, can you make it load a different image file path? That way can have one for menuhax and then a different one for Grid launcher?

@mashers, now that you can use a splash screen you could use the RARE Golden R as your grid launcher and all you need to do is figure a way to have it playing the music while that's up for complete and total Donkey Kong-ness-ness-ness. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car