Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

  • Thread starter Thread starter mashers
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 679,568
  • Replies Replies 4,218
  • Likes Likes 139
When you had to manually edit ignoredtitles.txt, you had to input the entries you didn't want to see. Since changing to the GUI editor for ignored titles, you tick the titles you want to be visible.
Okay okay!

When
  • I go to the "Title filtering" menu.
  • I return to the main menu.
  • I click on the fatty-arrow, which is a house.
  • No titles are displayed, and homebrew seems to be blocked.
It blocks with and without the "Background title loading".

When blocked, I can press Y to activate the Netloader, I can press Start to Reboot/Shutdown, but I can't return back.
 
I had thoses problems using Browserhax, but only once. (didn't even re-downloaded)
It works now.

Suggestion:
  • Add a particular background while being in the help section, since text is drawn.
What about the panels you can enable for top/bottom screen? They work for the help section :p
I could understand if you didn't really care about being able to read text for homebrew apps cause you got the icon on the bottom screen anyway and a panel would partially obstruct your wallpapers, though.
In which case, I'd suggest that a background on the help section should be optional (or at least make sure it doesn't interfere with the current panel option x.x then again I guess it doesn't really matter much because that's just the help section, as long as the help section remains readable it shouldn't matter :p)
 
What about the panels you can enable for top/bottom screen? They work for the help section :p
I could understand if you didn't really care about being able to read text for homebrew apps cause you got the icon on the bottom screen anyway and a panel would partially obstruct your wallpapers, though.
In which case, I'd suggest that a background on the help section should be optional (or at least make sure it doesn't interfere with the current panel option x.x then again I guess it doesn't really matter much because that's just the help section, as long as the help section remains readable it shouldn't matter :p)
When I say "Backgound", a blank wallpaper (using the background color value?) would be enough.
I don't want to activate panel only for the help menu (even if I don't use this menu... ^_^)

http://filetrip net/view?4nayAjcoKY
I mean, don't repost this link, the MEDIA with filetrip is buggy.
I said to add a dot, for users who want to see it.
 
When I say "Backgound", a blank wallpaper (using the background color value?) would be enough.
I don't want to activate panel only for the help menu (even if I don't use this menu... ^_^)


I mean, don't repost this link, the MEDIA with filetrip is buggy.
I said to add a dot, for users who want to see it.
I fixed it. Embedded the url into a word fixed it.

Like this here
 
Okay okay!

When
  • I go to the "Title filtering" menu.
  • I return to the main menu.
  • I click on the fatty-arrow, which is a house.
  • No titles are displayed, and homebrew seems to be blocked.
It blocks with and without the "Background title loading".

When blocked, I can press Y to activate the Netloader, I can press Start to Reboot/Shutdown, but I can't return back.
It does it if you go back into the filter menu too. It's supposed to clear out the list of titles and reload them, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll look into it.
 
Bug found:
Navigate to Folder Select with D-pad.
Exit it with B.
Voila; no more D-pad cursor! Have to tap screen to force it back in.
(N3DS, Ironhax2.5)

Also, I noticed that the Title ID is hidden behind the water graphic it seems...
 
Last edited by SeongGino,
Bug found:
Navigate to Folder Select with D-pad.
Exit it with B.
Voila; no more D-pad cursor! Have to tap screen to force it back in.
(N3DS, Ironhax2.5)

Also, I noticed that the Title ID is hidden behind the water graphic it seems...

Both of those have already been discovered, and @mashers is hopefully working on them. ;)
 
I fixed it. Embedded the url into a word fixed it.

Like this here
I can't view the video. Can you describe the steps to reproduce the problem?

Bug found:
Navigate to Folder Select with D-pad.
Exit it with B.
Voila; no more D-pad cursor! Have to tap screen to force it back in.
(N3DS, Ironhax2.5)

Also, I noticed that the Title ID is hidden behind the water graphic it seems...
Yes I know about these and they will be sorted.

Okay okay!

When
  • I go to the "Title filtering" menu.
  • I return to the main menu.
  • I click on the fatty-arrow, which is a house.
  • No titles are displayed, and homebrew seems to be blocked.
It blocks with and without the "Background title loading".

When blocked, I can press Y to activate the Netloader, I can press Start to Reboot/Shutdown, but I can't return back.
This is fixed now. Please download beta 67 :)
 
@mashers
  1. Load grid launcher (with or without preload titles)
  2. Click system title icon bottome left (the house looking icon)
  3. Navigate titles using right shoulder button
  4. At this point your icon selecter should be in the second row
  5. Now use d-pad left to attempt to navigate to first row. (This will cause you to jump back a page instead of just the icon)
 
@mashers
  1. Load grid launcher (with or without preload titles)
  2. Click system title icon bottome left (the house looking icon)
  3. Navigate titles using right shoulder button
  4. At this point your icon selecter should be in the second row
  5. Now use d-pad left to attempt to navigate to first row. (This will cause you to jump back a page instead of just the icon)
Wait wait wait... I got the video working, and it looks like in step 3 you're navigating using the LEFT shoulder button, and the selector ends up in the second COLUMN. Is that right? I need to make sure I understand properly before looking into it.

the L+R... doesn't work for any app unless I use Hans. And yes I updated CN with the 2.5 hax. O3DSXL 10.2......U.
It should with homebrew.

When ever i us the launcher it freezes when i get into the menu help plz :c
More information needed. Hardware? Firmware? Hax?

Why is the list of actual 3ds games not cached?
@pdapanda
As I have explained before, a cache of the system titles won't make any difference to the performance. The icon data and descriptions have to be loaded from somewhere, and the files are on the SD card or NAND anyway. Loading them from a cache directory will take the same amount of time as loading them from their original location. Furthermore, the process of saving the cache will be time consuming, since they will have to be read from the original smdh and then written. Saving in an image format is also a bad idea as ctrulib needs raw RGB data, not formatted image files. So saving as bmp would mean an additional step of decoding the image so ctrulib can draw it.

Caching only makes sense if you're caching from a slow read location to a fast read location, like caching from a remote server to a local file. Caching a file stored on an SD card to another place on the same SD card makes no sense at all.
 
Last edited by mashers,
  • Like
Reactions: Xenosaiga
@mashers
About 20 seconds in. I hit the right shoulder button. Doing it one handed but I can assure you I reached around and hit the right shoulder button to skip a page and then left on d-pad.

About first 20 seconds is me fiddling around with it. It's the last 10 seconds to watch closely.

But still, notice at about 10 seconds in I do hit the left shoulder button. It brings me to the previous(last) page of the menu but on the second row
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted