[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Koksi__

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last edited by Koksi__,
Reactions: JSMastah

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
It has to be 2GB or less, because that's the limitation of Launcher (DSi Menu).
Also, it can be either FAT16 or FAT32.
How is it possible that Launcher (DSi Menu) is limited to 2GB, when SanDisk released officially licensed 4GB and 8GB SDHC Cards for DSi?

Last edited by Razor83,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it possible that Launcher (DSi Menu) is limited to 2GB, when SanDisk released officially licensed 4GB and 8GB SD Cards for DSi?
I mean it's a limitation of Launcher when using an SD card as NAND.
To work around the limitation, add more files so that there's little space left, or make a big dummy file.

heiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm looking for help with an error in step 9 of the guide to installing HiyaCFW.

Namely, the helper program completes decrypting, then gives an error of "mounter failure". I think somebody in page 32 of the discussion has reported this as well.

I am guessing this has to do with OSFMount. OSFMount on its own seems to run, so probably something about how the helper relates to it?

KaRBoN85

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I'm looking for help with an error in step 9 of the guide to installing HiyaCFW.

Namely, the helper program completes decrypting, then gives an error of "mounter failure". I think somebody in page 32 of the discussion has reported this as well.

I am guessing this has to do with OSFMount. OSFMount on its own seems to run, so probably something about how the helper relates to it?
Try to uninstall and reinstall ofsmount. Also you may want to try a different sd card.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

heiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Thanks KaRBoN85!

Tried OSFMount reinstalling (including the beta version which the helper does not detect at all). No change there.

Also, SD Card does not seem to be an issue as I get the same error when I direct the output to an empty directory on a hard drive.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Hello :)
Do you use another mounting Tool (DaemonTools,Alcohol etc.) ? If yes maybe they conflicting.:unsure:

heiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hi alexander1970! Thanks for the reply.

I do use another virtual mounting tool, actually! Very interesting idea as I have never had a conflict there. I use MagicISO. But disabling / killing it doesn't seem to affect the problem I'm having. I do have several physical drives and volume letters up to G.

In the meanwhile I tried running the helper on a old mini PC that I had in the cupboard. The same error :(

So far I have the following additional ideas:
1) If there were a more detailed writeup as to what steps the helper goes through, maybe I could do them myself.
2) Try more computers. Will ask family members for their laptops etc :) Also have an old Linux machine somewhere that might still be operational.
3) OSFMount has on its website a discussion about problems with code signing (both computers I tried were running Win 7 and I have had some errors before based on this). While there was no explicit error message this time, it might be worthwhile trying a more modern OS.

For the helper it would be best of course to get this bug fixed.

Last edited by heiki,

mondul

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
the helper program completes decrypting, then gives an error of "mounter failure".
Please report this issues at the helper's thread. This happened to me when testing on a Windows box, happens when the OSFMount driver has not been properly loaded by the OS. You can open OSFMount and keep it open while the helper does its thing and it should complete.

heiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Please report this issues at the helper's thread.

Apologies, I got here via web searches and did not realize these were separate threads :)

Edit: am I correct in that there was a "helper-less" guide once but that has been removed?

Last edited by heiki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer