Homebrew [Release] Hamsters 2DS

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My project "DawnLike 3DS" is longer than expected to develop and wishing to quickly come up with something on the 3DS scene, I am pleased to present "Hamsters 2DS" in version 1.2 . This is a hamster breeding game in text mode , more precisely the remake of an old game that I played in college running originally on Mo5 and TO7 which I don't know the author but you find it here for windows = > http://denouval.chez.com/hamster.htm . The game uses only the top screen to keep the spirit of the original game, I also translated the play into English for people who no speak french.

1.png

# Hamsters 2DS v1.2.1
A breeding of Hamsters game in text mode for the Nintendo 2DS/3DS. By Cid2mizard

Controls :

Right & Left : +/- 1
Up & Down : +/- 10
R & L : +/- 100
A : Next step
Start : Exit

Changelog :

v1.0 Initial Release
v1.1 Fix bug with "Youngs" on restart game.
v1.2 Add, 3ds, cia, elf format (uniqueID = 0x1101)
v1.2.1 Update ctrulib, now exit works with ninjhax 2.5.

Download v1.2.1 for NinjHax + Gateway + CFW => https://dlhb.gamebrew.org/3dshomebrews/hamsters2ds.7z

Have Fun !

Last edited by Cid2mizard,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just when I thought "no more homebrew are released! that's too bad only hacking is on the scene front" ;)
Thank you for keeping it alive.

I didn't know that game (I used MO5 at school 20 years ago at CM1 classes! but played mostly with the "turtle")

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice! Will you also make a french version? (My native language is french yeah :P )
Game is french + english ^^

Is it possible that this game contains bugs? I have 3 male adults, 1 male young but 6 per Cage
The same with females: 1 adult, 0 young but 4 per cage.
Maybe you have sale adults, per cage has refresh only next month...

BTW the "Youngs" values don't get reset properly (at least not on the screen) when you restart/ start after one successfull game.
Ok, thank you, i have fix it with new build...

Why not publish this app on DownloadMii.com ? :)
yes of course , I will apply with DownloadMii

Could you please release it as 3DS or CIA?
I do not know compile .cia and 3DS . I did not yet addressed the issue.​

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://4dsdev.org/thread.php?id=4 at "4. Building homebrew for distribution ". Maybe you can share the *.ELF as well for future homebrew channels which need their own format.

I looked at your link, but I do not really understand...
I then looked at the wiki =>http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Homebrew#converting_.elf_to_.3ds_format I begin to understand the principle , but I still can not ...
Then I looked at the projects that are on github repository, 3DS Paint by AlbertoSONIC.
I got the "/resources" folder that contains the .rsf and makerom, miracle with this BUILD_ALL.bat compiles without error ( 3dsx , CIA and 3DS ). Problem, it's hamsters 2DS game but with banner, icon, ID of 3DS Paint.
Next step change banner, icon and infos...
I download 3DS Banner Maker, AlbertoSONIC build. I put my icon.png to /ctpk_48x48icon folder and convert.bat, i think it don't works because with the build.bat i have error "line 18 print "width, height unequal".

I'll probably end up a success, but when ?

I'm stuck again , it is difficult to follow the description when the language is not ours...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used the banner maker by snailface (http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/utilities/download-3dsbannermaker-2-0-f32839.html) but it requires python 2.7, PIL Image libray (Python Image Library) and you have to replace the "py" by "python" in every bat file.
BTW: the banner gets stored on the system once you install it. That means that you need to use a new ID to update the banner data.

What do you mean by "our language"? I'm from Germany (but I can speak a bit french).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: Margen67 and filfat

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used the banner maker by snailface (http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/utilities/download-3dsbannermaker-2-0-f32839.html) but it requires python 2.7, PIL Image libray (Python Image Library) and you have to replace the "py" by "python" in every bat file.
BTW: the banner gets stored on the system once you install it. That means that you need to use a new ID to update the banner data.

What do you mean by "our language"? I'm from Germany (but I can speak a bit french).

First .bat is :
py -2 icon.py
pause

i ve python27 and 34

i 've changed to python -2 icon.py, py -2 icon.python or python -2 icon.python, nothing nothing nothing... always an error.

Edit : i have delete -2 for python icon.py. always an error width, height unequal SyntaxError : Missing parentheses in call to 'print', i don't know if it's good.

Edit 2 : I have just forget PIL install ^^

Edit 3 : New problem, icon and banner are good but i see defaut icon cardbridge on Menu system with Gateway :/, i've modify AppData.txt but i see "My Game Studio Me" too.

Attachments

• HNI_0001.JPG
    HNI_0001.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 522

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edit 3 : New problem, icon and banner are good but i see defaut icon cardbridge on Menu system with Gateway :/, i've modify AppData.txt but i see "My Game Studio Me" too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: