• Likes 105

SSMatt123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
I will never need to use this for anything dangerous really (though never say never) but it's nice to have a file manager on arm9 boot to fiddle about with my cias and things.

Luma makes it nice with it's L+button to boot it.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this to manually system transfer from my 2DS to o3ds and o3dsxl? I want them to all use the same encryption, so i can use the same SD card in each one (I know tickets will need to be copied to each nand too)

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neither GodMode9 or SafeMode9 are starting for me from HB. I'm on a freshly A9LH'd o3DS. Did the v2 A9LH update today.
Yeah, no shit. Starting things that require ARM9 access from HBL require a firmware of 9.2 and below. Why do you think people have to downgrade to 9.2 to setup CFW in the first place?
So unless your A9LH is set up to boot a 9.0 or 9.2 FIRM, this is impossible. Just boot Godmode9 directly from A9LH, that's what it's there for.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

solarnoise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no shit. Starting things that require ARM9 access from HBL require a firmware of 9.2 and below. Why do you think people have to downgrade to 9.2 to setup CFW in the first place?
So unless your A9LH is set up to boot a 9.0 or 9.2 FIRM, this is impossible. Just boot Godmode9 directly from A9LH, that's what it's there for.

New to 3DS mods. Wasn't aware of that, actually just learned what the "9" at the end refers to today.

Last edited by solarnoise,

solarnoise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I enter it ? put the folder on my SD root , and it doesn't appear in the hombrew launcher

I kinda sorta know what I'm doing now, so I'll give you a nicer reply than the one I got :D

If your NAND version is 9.2 or lower, you put the .3dsx and .smdh files in root:/3ds/GodMode9/, and then you should be able to launch it from HB launcher.

If like me you're running Luma3DS and your NAND is updated past 9.2 (after using Plailect's guide for example), instead of using the .3dsx and .smdh files, you put the .bin file in root:/luma/payloads, and name it something like x_GodMode9.bin, which means if you're holding X as Luma loads, you'll boot into GodMode9. This page has the naming conventions for the different buttons you can use: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes

Reactions: Ohad1th

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I kinda sorta know what I'm doing now, so I'll give you a nicer reply than the one I got :D

If your NAND version is 9.2 or lower, you put the .3dsx and .smdh files in root:/3ds/GodMode9/, and then you should be able to launch it from HB launcher.

If like me you're running Luma3DS and your NAND is updated past 9.2 (after using Plailect's guide for example), instead of using the .3dsx and .smdh files, you put the .bin file in root:/luma/payloads, and name it something like x_GodMode9.bin, which means if you're holding X as Luma loads, you'll boot into GodMode9. This page has the naming conventions for the different buttons you can use: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes

thanks !
used the bin , renamed is up_GM9 , works great !

Reactions: solarnoise

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For everyone who hasn't noticed yet, there is a new major release of GodMode9.

This is new:
  • New 6x10 font, and various improvements to the UI
  • Search for file via wildcard patterns (R+A on drives/folders)
  • SD card formatter (unmount via R+B first) (auto copies GM9 A9LH payload)
  • Goto offset feature in hex editor
  • Search for strings and data in hex editor
  • Added handling and verification for .SHA files
  • Removed slot0x05keyY.bin requirement on A9LH v2
  • Injecting files into files (must have exactly one file in clipboard)
  • Faster encryption/decryption of NAND partitions
  • Tweaked button react times
  • Half copied files are now properly removed
  • Countless smaller fixes and improvements
  • More stuff I possibly forgot
Screenshots in the opening post are updated for this version. As always, have fun and be sure to report bugs.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eeeehhh idk that font looks a bit weird in the screenshots, might be better on the 3ds.
But still, font looks weird.
Gonna try it out now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system