• Likes 105

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've compiled from the source and still no-go.
Okay, new test version (identical with current last commit):
https://up1.ca/#R7PIYhBwBvUB5OkHVLbZnQ

This should fix everything, I'm still interested in this:
  • Mounting / unmounting NAND backups (from the same console) and FAT images, also check if the drives work as intended
  • Multiple pane handling
  • Whatever you can come up with. Bonus points if you manage to crash it or to make it show unexpected behaviour.

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: klear
D

Diagamma

Okay, so I think I found a bug.
I was deleting some files with GodMode9 (0.2.0), then I dismounted the SD card, put some files on it, and put it back in.
Then I opened the payloads folder in the aurei folder (godmode9 is x.bin), and renamed default.bin (decrypt9) to d.bin (I wanted to rename it to y.bin, but it was already existing), then renamed y.bin (linux loader) to select.bin, and then renamed d.bin to y.bin.
But apparently, there was a problem because d.bin had been renamed to y.bint.bin.
So I tried to rename it again (I removed the .bint), and it was renamed... to ybint.binn. I tried again and removed only one character (the first b) and it removed the character. But the file was now named yint.binnn. I removed the first n, and the file was renamed to yit.binnnn.
Then I made a video to show the bug.
And now, GodMode9 refuses to start. Like if it was not detected by AuReiNand.
Here's the video :
http://sendvid.com/1tbvdq38
(sorry for having a bad english >.<)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was deleting some files with GodMode9 (0.2.0), then I dismounted the SD card, put some files on it, and put it back in.
Then I opened the payloads folder in the aurei folder (godmode9 is x.bin), and renamed default.bin (decrypt9) to d.bin (I wanted to rename it to y.bin, but it was already existing), then renamed y.bin (linux loader) to select.bin, and then renamed d.bin to y.bin.
But apparently, there was a problem because d.bin had been renamed to y.bint.bin.
So I tried to rename it again (I removed the .bint), and it was renamed... to ybint.binn. I tried again and removed only one character (the first b) and it removed the character. But the file was now named yint.binnn. I removed the first n, and the file was renamed to yit.binnnn.
Here's the video :
Alright, thanks for the bug report. Can you try with the test release I linked in the post above? And tell me if that fixed it!

Reactions: daxtsu

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, new test version (identical with current last commit):
https://up1.ca/#R7PIYhBwBvUB5OkHVLbZnQ

This should fix everything, I'm still interested in this:
  • Mounting / unmounting NAND backups (from the same console) and FAT images, also check if the drives work as intended
  • Multiple pane handling
  • Whatever you can come up with. Bonus points if you manage to crash it or to make it show unexpected behaviour.

Mounting NAND backups is working now.

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New test version:
https://up1.ca/#iZbNg3OoA9IZwR7lnw_8NA

On top of everything else that is new, (mounting NAND and FAT images & multiple panes), this now has an integrated hex viewer for regular and virtual files. Feedback is highly appreciated, and as I told you, if you really want to help me - try to make it crash, be inventive, and tell me what you did.

Reactions: klear and Gray_Jack

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has someone discovered any useful ways of using this app to edit/delete/extract certain parts of the nand for anything? I'm afraid to use it until someone pioneers it and discovers a use for it.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was surprised I wasn't seeing any new releases on Github (for such a new app especially). Good thing I decided to check the release thread. I know, I should probably have bookmarked this page. I figured you probably already had enough testers, though, and didn't want to unnecessarily clutter the thread with duplicate reports. Looks like you've already fixed the only bug I found so far (the rename thing). I thought you said you weren't planning a hex viewer for this one, not that I'm complaining. It looks great I might add. I accessed some NAND backups on my O3DS XLs and N3DS XLs, some made with GW, some with E9, both types seemed to be accessible and able to copy files from (though I didn't try to copy anything to them because I don't want to mess them up). I think the panes work very well. I hope you're planning to add them to CTRXplorer too (if you haven't already, I haven't got around to checking 0.9.6 out yet). Of course, if you do that, you should change the name to CTRCommander ;) . It really is almost like having Total Commander or Krusader on the 3DS. I do miss CTRXplorer's move command. It has its uses. Still, overall, I love this app. It's nice not having to dump TWLN.bin and open it in WinImage just to backup my Four Swords save or install SudokuHax. I'll keep looking for ways to crash it, but 0.3.1 definitely seems worthy of a GitHub release so far.

Here's the video :

I was having a similar issue renaming FW files to boot different NATIVE_FIRMS in Cakes with 0.2.0 as well, but it only happened with my O3DSes, the second rename attempt outright failed, and rebooting right back into Godmode9 somehow fixed the bug (for as long as I didn't add characters to another file's name anyway). It was like it got hung up on the original name length or something (I'd get "firmware.binin" if I was trying to delete a 2-digit number, or "firmware.binbin if I was trying to delete a 3-digit one). I can't reproduce it on 0.2.8 or 0.3.1 though, so, whatever has changed has fixed both of our problems

i made it crash by holdin L while dumping a twl .app

I tried to replicate your issue by copying the entire 00030004 folder over to my SD card (O3DS and N3DS). I've only got Four Swords and Sudoku on there atm (I just installed A9LH this week, still moving stuff around because I swapped EmuNAND and SysNAND post-install on most of the units). Anyway, I copied the whole folder while holding L and wasn't able to make it crash. If you could tell us which app specifically it was, what type of hardware (O3DS, N3DS, 2DS, etc.) and what firmware version this happened with, that might help dok3 and the other testers here reproduce the bug.

Reactions: Diagamma and d0k3

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, thanks for the personal response though! Maybe someone can figure out what Safe Mode does to erase the pending update and we can replicate it safely, like with how TinyFormat calls the format command without erasing your SD or de-registering your NNID.

i'm pretty sure any cfw other than aureinand will let you access recovery to cancel an update. I was also under the impression doing this will not brick, only if you choose to proceed with recovery action while on a9lh may it brick or uninstall a9lh.

Anyone else know the answer to this? Anyways, if I were still using emunand at this point I'd also have an updated sysnand too, perhaps you must have gateway I guess?

Last edited by democracy,

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is unrelated to the forum but is it a way to add Decrypt9, emunand9, Godmode9, and a cfw or a combination of some of this to a boot screen and select where we want to boot so we do not have to install every time an mset entry point in case we want to boot on each of the above.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im having trouble launching via hbl but no issue booting directly to it using a9hl
Occasional failed boots on HBL are normal, as the Brahma entrypoint is not perfectly stable.

This is unrelated to the forum but is it a way to add Decrypt9, emunand9, Godmode9, and a cfw or a combination of some of this to a boot screen and select where we want to boot so we do not have to install every time an mset entry point in case we want to boot on each of the above.
Sure there is! With A9LH installed, you have access to Select9 and CTR Boot Manager9. Without A9LH, you still have CTR Boot Manager (which you'd have to use as a HBL replacement). In general, Homebrew Launcher is a better entrypoint than MSET and A9LH > HBL > MSET.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 , Steveice10 just figured out how to mount twl/ctr/wnand in privileged user mode.
https://github.com/Steveice10/buildtools/commit/b26c7e3ffa4c368de99fe47e9b294ca47264edf7
https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/commit/c1021e327ea2905263410f78e3185f8b7cef9380
I don't know if this would have any benefits to godmode9, but just letting you know.
I know, and I'm no less than impressed. I also already tried it :). That's usermod stuff, though, so not much help for this.

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill