[Release] GNU-GRUB For Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by TheKingy34, Sep 2, 2016.

1. TheKingy34
    OP

TheKingy34 ҉

Feb 21, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Untitled.png
    GNU-GRUB For Nintendo 3DS - Dual Booting is now possible!
    Hello all. I am releasing a program to change the scene. Introducing the beloved Linux dual boot menu, GNU-GRUB, on the Nintendo 3DS.

You can dual boot on your Nintendo 3DS!

When you finish the installer, it will create a folders named 'OSInstall' and 'Partitions' Put your installation files (VHDs, ISOs, etc.) in 'OSInstall'. You will need to check your 3DS's HDD space, which you can do in settings.

Once you found the blocks you have remaining, you will have to create a `part.json` file with this piece of code in it:

Code:
    grub.bootload(Allocate=(How many blocks to dedicate to the partition)Blocks, Name("*Partition Name*));

Download (Google Drive)

That is all, enjoy! :)

Last edited by TheKingy34, Sep 3, 2016
    hobbledehoy899 likes this.

2. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Does this come in 3dsx?

TheKingy34 likes this.
  3. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    Defuq?

TheKingy34 likes this.
  4. Jayster_2

Jayster_2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    What??

TheKingy34 likes this.
  5. dead_guy

dead_guy Banned

Banned
    Aug 15, 2016
    in a cave
    I told you.Rename .cia to .3dsx.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Code:
    hi :^)

:^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^)
    :^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^)

This is what you get.

TheKingy34 and NutymcNuty like this.
  6. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    TheKingy34 likes this.
  7. dead_guy

dead_guy Banned

Banned
    Aug 15, 2016
    in a cave
    Who ?

8. hobbledehoy899

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    ...Has my comment become a knock-knock joke?

9. dead_guy

dead_guy Banned

Banned
    Aug 15, 2016
    in a cave
    You said "you".That must be a person

10. hobbledehoy899

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    I guess I was referring to the OP..?

11. dead_guy

dead_guy Banned

Banned
    Aug 15, 2016
    in a cave
    Now i get it.I'm not sure about that but it can boot Windows 7 in 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007 second(s).

12. hobbledehoy899

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    ...Faster than my Windows 10 machine.

TheKingy34 likes this.
  13. dead_guy

dead_guy Banned

Banned
    Aug 15, 2016
    in a cave
    And it came with The Nutshack : Adventures of TTBoy & KIDUTuT .That moment when you fight with babies is really hard.

14. TheKingy34
    OP

TheKingy34 ҉

Feb 21, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Yes

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  15. hobbledehoy899

Nov 13, 2015
    United States